Jellyrolls questions!

wildernesslodgelover

<font color=darkorchid>LOTW charter member!<br><fo
Going on a kid free anniversary trip in May. We have never been to JR, so I have some questions....

Is there a menu?

Is it very smoky in there?

I see it opens at 7 pm....if we go on a Fri or Sat night, what time should we get there by to assure we will get a seat? (this is the most important question, really.)

I am pretty sure the DDE is not accepted there, correct?

Cover charge?

Any other tips, suggestions, stories or pictures? Thank you!:disrocks:

Jellyrolls is great.
Disney without kids is even better..............

We go every year for 5 days without the kids. there is usually a group of 10-15 of us depending on the year.
Jellyrolls is a must do. Yes there is a cover charge and yes people can smoke but I think I only noticed smoking at the bar which is up to the left of the stage. I do not know if there is a menu. They do sell cigars at the bar. the place is loads of fun and the musicians are awesome.

Other suggestions if you like to party is to
Get LOOPED on the Loop........... get on the monorail and have a drink at every bar in the hotels along the route. We usually start at the Wilderness lodge and take the boat to the Contemporary to baord the monorail.

Drink around the World in Epcot.................
Did it once and will never do it again however, it is fun to walk around and taste a few different wines and beers from the different countries.

Lounging at a quiet pool is always very relaxing.................
Dinner at Artist Pointe, California Grill, Citricos or if a special occasion Victoria and Alberts.

If there is a group dinner at 50's prime Time is a must do.............
making fun of your friends is part of the dinner, no charge.

Of course the parks are always fun..................
Good luck and have a great time:yay:

My husband & I were there last week. There is no menu, there is a 10.00 cover charge, no DDE excepted (I tried using mine), I would get there for 6:30 if u want a front row seat. We went there around 9:00 and found a couple of chairs around the railings but the place was crowded both times we were there. Drinks are small (we had captn Morgan & diet coke) & the price was 7.00. They weren't worth the money, so if u like beer stick to beer. Fun place to go though.

It is a fun place to go.....and the dueling pianos is such fun, but I will say this, it is terribly smokey.....you come out of there and your clothes smell so bad....and your throat feels weird...

I do not go there anymore as I truly cannot stand the smoke.....and I do not want to turn this into a smoke bashing thread, you asked if it was terribly smokey and it is my impression that it is.

We were at Jellyrolls this past Friday, on my b-day. We got there just after nine and got one of the last 2 tables on the floor, right in the front.
I would suggest you get there just before 8, that's when the musicians start performing; from 7-8 it's just open but nothing is going on.
It is now a $10 cover charge, it's gone up from 7 to 8 to 10 now. It is smoky in there, but it really depends on where you're sitting and who is around you, I didn't notice any smokiness really while we were there on Friday, and I'm sensitive to smoke, but you could smell it on our clothes the next day a lot.
I agree, stick with the beer, the mixed drinks are small and overpriced. I think we had 5 beers each and a shot each, and the tab was $71. They'll only run a tab if you give them your credit card at the beginning, and you have to charge it when you close out, you can't pay cash and run a tab with them just physically holding your card, or you could pay cash as you go.
It is fun, and you can request songs by writing them down on a napkin and giving a tip; you go put it up on the bar. They generally play most of our songs. It's 4 guys a night, 2 guys that play 1 hour sets at a time. This past Friday, we had Scotty and Ray (classic duo), and Michael and Christian (love him!). Michael is the owner (I think) and I'm not his biggest fan...The other guys, Tommy, Jace and Pete are all good too.
When we were there in October, we were there on a Saturday night, and it was mayhem. There was a large bachelorette party that was trying to make it their own private party. I think they eventually were asked to leave. People do get nuts in there, but most people are respectful and having a good time.
No food, so eat beforehand; they do have popcorn at the bar that is free.
Hope this helps, any questions, let me know! :)

There is no menu. The only food is free popcorn.

This allows them to let people smoke inside. Generally their ventilation system is adequate, but you will still get a lot of smoke residue, especially if you are near people who are smoking. And since it is a bar the smokers will smoke more than they normally do.

The piano players are good. However, the club is designed to be overly loud. Everything in the place is either polished hardwood or is glass; there is just about no sound-absorbing materials and even though the pianos are Concert Grands they have them amplified also.

In other words, it is Smokey and Loud.

I have been there twice, the second time confirmed my opinions. I don't expect to go there again.

"In other words, it is Smokey and Loud."

You can say that again.. I can take the loud, I am all about the fun, but the smoke.. I cannot take that.. no way..

Thanks for all the responses. I hate cover charges, cuz if it is too smokey, I hate to leave after paying $20 for the two of us. Plus, I don't drink beer. We were thinking of checking it out before a late dinner at Blue Zoo. I want to go, as we have something down here called "Howl at the Moon" which is loads of fun but I have not been since before I was married. I just want to check it out, and maybe we will!

KJET-Heehee, see my siggy? On the "theme parks attractions and strategies" board there is looong running thread (several years now) that I have been posting on since the beginning, and it is ALL ABOUT the monorail drinkathon! LOTW = "Lush of The World!" Trust me, I am soooo familiar with where to booze it up in The World! Sounds like you and I have a lot in common!:thumbsup2 Oh, and we are dining at V&A's for the fist time on the night of our actual anniversary...I can't wait!:goodvibes

Figment-I am not following...are you saying it is loud and smokey in there?:idea: :rotfl2:

luvpooh-thanks for the info that nothing is going on from 7-8. I only want to go for an hour or so, and I would be disappointed if we got there right at 7 and just sat around w/no entertainment.

Mackey-I hear ya about thesmoke. I am not bothered by smelling it, but I do not liek to reek of it when I leave someplace.

ellen-awww, so no DDE? Figures!:sad2:

Drink around the World in Epcot.................
Did it once and will never do it again however, it is fun to walk around and taste a few different wines and beers from the different countries.

I share the drinks with my cousin and then get one each at the countries that we really like!!!

It is a fun place to go.....and the dueling pianos is such fun, but I will say this, it is terribly smokey.....you come out of there and your clothes smell so bad....and your throat feels weird...

I do not go there anymore as I truly cannot stand the smoke.....and I do not want to turn this into a smoke bashing thread, you asked if it was terribly smokey and it is my impression that it is.

I agree - we are DVC members who are long-time Boardwalk owners, so we are very familiar with this spot. The entertainment is great, but the place pulls in a big crowd of local Gen Y "club crowd" types who all seem to smoke. The stench is just terrible. :sick:

I agree - we are DVC members who are long-time Boardwalk owners, so we are very familiar with this spot. The entertainment is great, but the place pulls in a big crowd of local Gen Y "club crowd" types who all seem to smoke. The stench is just terrible. :sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter