Jedi Training??

TxDisFans

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to finalize strategies for our upcoming late-April trip.

Help me out with the Jedi Training Academy!!! DS (age 5) says this is the *only* thing he wants to do.... he saw it when he was 3 but didn't participate.

So I know I could dash straight there with him at rope-drop and hope he's in the first 15.

BUT... is there some other strategy? What if I went with him later in the day (thereby not schlepping my DD who has no interest)... what's the last show? Could I show up early for that and have a chance of him participating?

Sorry to sound so clueless... I've never actually seen it myself, so I'm flying blind here. Also, where did can I find the schedule for the shows??
:confused3

The later you wait, the longer (and LONGER) will be the waiting line.

We did the Jedi training with our two grandkids and it was the highlight of their trip. We got to DHS at rope drop (around 8:45 am - 9am) and went directly to that area. Once inside the park bear left at the big magic hat and it is just after the Indy show. When they were here the first show was 9:55 am and they were 3rd and 4th on line. While we waited my dgd went into the star show with her dad. No wait and was out in plenty of time for the "sign up" of the kids. The time went quickly. We had brought some breakfast type snacks for them to have while waiting. A cast member told me that when it is busy at the park they actually take more kids and have a second row of kids who fight some other star wars villian. They really loved it and we got some great videos and pictures. Good luck with whatever you decide and MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU! Grammy

P.S. The kids decided ahead of time if they were not in the first group they did not want to wait for the second or third show. Their dad asked them to decide beforehand and be in agreement so there were no upsetments should they not make it in. A good plan I thought. Grammy

Thanks so much - I LOVE the idea of getting them to decide ahead of time whether they will want to stay for the second show if they miss being in the first one. I'm glad to hear how well it worked out for your group!

And having the schedule helps a lot.... maybe I could get lunch and try to wait it out at midday instead of first thing in the morning?

Part of the problem here is that I'll be solo - the only adult - for the first time. So if we head straight to Jedi, and we're there for over an hour total, then I've missed out on getting Fast Passes to other things like TSM.... just trying to figure out how to do it so it's fair to both kids and not at total nightmare for me.

Full disclosure... DS is my least-fav. park, so I'm sort of dreading the whole day!! ;)

I don't recommend waiting until mid-day to try the line. When we were at WDW last week we arrived at rope-drop and my DH rushed over with our DS6 to hop in line for Jedi Academy. They were 6th in line and by 9:15 there were over 40 kids in line waiting. After the first show, there were still at least 40+ kids in line.

The only time you may have some luck is after the parade. BUT, the parade ends right in front of the Jedi Academy stage, so the crowd is concentrated in that area and the line may actually get longer at that point. You may actually have more luck getting on TSM during the parade, so that's option, too.

I'm sorry, but there is no easy answer with you being the only adult in the group. Good luck with whatever choice you make!

Thanks so much - I LOVE the idea of getting them to decide ahead of time whether they will want to stay for the second show if they miss being in the first one. I'm glad to hear how well it worked out for your group!

And having the schedule helps a lot.... maybe I could get lunch and try to wait it out at midday instead of first thing in the morning?

Part of the problem here is that I'll be solo - the only adult - for the first time. So if we head straight to Jedi, and we're there for over an hour total, then I've missed out on getting Fast Passes to other things like TSM.... just trying to figure out how to do it so it's fair to both kids and not at total nightmare for me.

Full disclosure... DS is my least-fav. park, so I'm sort of dreading the whole day!! ;)

My suggestion is to go on a day that doesn't have Fantasmic showing, and also a day that isn't an EMH day. That should be your least crowded day.

Since Jedi is top priority for your son, I would go there first thing and if he is in the first 15 kids, he will be in the 9:55 show. It will be over at 10:25.

Then dash to TSM, and if you're lucky, there will be Fast Passes left, but the return time could well be in the evening. (If evening is too late for you, then I'm afraid you're stuck with a substantial wait if you decide to do TSM Standby. I would do it right then if I were you, as the line will only get worse as the day progresses.)

How old is your DD? Is she the age where you could let her to go short distances without you? She could ride STours by herself or look around in the shop. If you were comfortable with it (and the age is appropriate) I'd send her to get the FP's for TSM and have her meet you at Jedi Training.

Disclaimer: I am not recommending letting a small child run the parks alone but I am talking teen or tweenie aged here.

Another thought:

Perhaps the group in front of you or behind you in the Jedi line would also like TSM Fast Passes. IF you feel comfortable with giving them your park tickets, they might be willing to get TSM FPs while you help hold their place in line. This could work out well if there are two adults in the group and if they don't realize the importance of getting TSM FPs early. Then it would benefit them (to find this out), as well as you.

Another thought:

Perhaps the group in front of you or behind you in the Jedi line would also like TSM Fast Passes. IF you feel comfortable with giving them your park tickets, they might be willing to get TSM FPs while you help hold their place in line. This could work out well if there are two adults in the group and if they don't realize the importance of getting TSM FPs early. Then it would benefit them (to find this out), as well as you.

WOW, that is a great idea! I would have never thought of that!

Love the idea to rope in a family nearby and suggest fastpass-getting!!!:thumbsup2

I also like the idea of letting my daughter do her own thing or get FPs... but, unfortunately, she's only 7... so still too young for that. She'll have to embrace the Jedi thing! If only there was a princess Leia component....

I'll review our schedule for a good DS day with no Fantasmic and no EMH... unfortunately, the one day I see that fits the bill is our day with breakfast at CRT in MK!!! Ug, poor planning! In my defense, the last time we went TSM wasn't even open yet and Jedi wasn't so popular... so DS wasn't on my radar until just recently.

Anyway.... one way or another, it sounds like it's best to go at rope-drop.

My 7-year-old daughter did Jedi Training Academy last week. We went straight to the line but still had to wait through the first show. It was totally worth it and was one of the highlights of our trip. The photos will be treasured memories forever. We walked past that area several other times throughout the day, and the line was certainly never short. At each park, we did our "must do" first, and never regretted it, even if it required some waiting. As the day went on, our kids were less able to wait well in lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter