Jedi Training - how does it work?

Sakenat

Earning My Ears
We're going in October and trying to figure out Jedi training. Is this something that I need to reserve in advance, or do I get FP? Is it everyday? I can't find much about it on the HS page...
Thanks1

You need to arrive at DHS at park opening or shortly there after. Go straight to the sounds dangerous exhibit(across from Star Tours) with the child(ren) that want to participate. There will be a line forming and CM will be handing out tickets to participate. Collect your ticket(again the child that wants to participate must be there) and come back to that same spot 15 minutes before your designated time. They have usually handed out all available spots by mid morning(we go in September and they are usually gone by 10-11am). Most people send another person in their party to collect FPs for TSM while someone takes the children to get their Jedi Training ticket then everyone meets up to ride Star Tours.

You need to arrive at DHS at park opening or shortly there after. Go straight to the sounds dangerous exhibit(across from Star Tours) with the child(ren) that want to participate. There will be a line forming and CM will be handing out tickets to participate. Collect your ticket(again the child that wants to participate must be there) and come back to that same spot 15 minutes before your designated time. They have usually handed out all available spots by mid morning(we go in September and they are usually gone by 10-11am). Most people send another person in their party to collect FPs for TSM while someone takes the children to get their Jedi Training ticket then everyone meets up to ride Star Tours.

Thank you!:goodvibes

Just a small added suggestion to this...if possible via cell phone or whatever, contact the person getting the FP for TSM, or vice-verse, to confirm the time of the training. When we did this it happened that the return time for TSM and the Jedi Training overlapped. It wasn't a huge hassle because when I found out I just went back to the TSM FP kiosk and swapped with some others for a later time but if you know ahead of time that the times conflict it can save a little walking. :) That is assuming, of course, that you planned on doing TSM.

Just a small added suggestion to this...if possible via cell phone or whatever, contact the person getting the FP for TSM, or vice-verse, to confirm the time of the training. When we did this it happened that the return time for TSM and the Jedi Training overlapped. It wasn't a huge hassle because when I found out I just went back to the TSM FP kiosk and swapped with some others for a later time but if you know ahead of time that the times conflict it can save a little walking. :) That is assuming, of course, that you planned on doing TSM.

I did see a recent post that if you tell them that you had Jedi training that they would let you use your FP late. Can't say first hand if this is true but I did read it.

I did see a recent post that if you tell them that you had Jedi training that they would let you use your FP late. Can't say first hand if this is true but I did read it.

Although that might be true, I really wouldn't try it on TSM. It is the most popular ride in the park and the one that they will, in my opinion, enforce the strongest. It would depend on the mood of the CM in many cases. Swapping out or aligning the times to fit with Jedi is much simpler and less stressful than finding a supervisor and having to argue your case. Jedi training has allotted times and they stick really close to the schedule. They have to if they plan on getting everyone in. It is easily a definable span that can work with other FP times.

Try it if you are a gambler, but I sure wouldn't!

My husband is DYING to participate in Jedi Training - is there anyway that an adult will get picked or is it only for the kiddos? Don't know if the time of year/busy-ness makes a difference, but we are going the 1st week of November :)

Can anyone tell me how the whole "training session" works? Is it just the stage part I've seen with Darth Vader? Or are there some backstage things going on?

My husband is DYING to participate in Jedi Training - is there anyway that an adult will get picked or is it only for the kiddos? Don't know if the time of year/busy-ness makes a difference, but we are going the 1st week of November :)

It's only for kids aged 4 to 12. :(

Luckily, DS10 was able to participate, but DH would have loved to be up on that stage, too!

This is how they did it when we were there for SWW in 2010, but I was under the impression that during the rest of the year you had to wait in line. DH is determined that all three kids get a try this fall when we go, so I'm soooooo glad to hear that you can just go and get a ticket instead!! :thumbsup2

Have been checking back in on this post regularly for updates, as we go in September. I assume that this is good info, as no one has contradicted it. Sounds simple enough. Any additional tips would be appreciated.

We did the Jedi Training last Aug with my two boys (8 and 6). It was truly awesome. But do pay attention to the time of your training. You don't want it to conflict with a fastpass ride (as mentioned) or with a live show, like "Lights, motors, action" if you are planning on seeing it.
In our show, Darth Vader and Darth Maul came out, each "fighting" about 12 young Jedis with light sabres. Make sure that your kids are ready for this. In our session, three boys started crying and wanted to quit while their dads kept pushing them to stay in the show.

Arrive to Hollywood Studios WELL BEFORE park opening. Depending on when HS opens, they may start signing up guests before guests advance into the park when it opens... especially for the 1st show. Go to your left past the entrance and ASK a cast member where the signup is. When we were there, the cast members held signs showing where to go. But ASK in case the location changes. Get in line IMMEDIATELY. We were there during a slow time of year, and the shows filled up fast. Arrive for the show EARLY for your time. Young Jedi get a few instructions and go on stage and get some training. It's fun. During the show, there was a photopass guy snapping 100s of shots. We got great pictures on our photopass. Stick around and ask him for a Darth Vader Magic Shot (takes a picture of you and inserts picture of DV battling you). Our DS had a great time with this and used the force to push the storm troopers back (lucky boy!).

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Have been checking back in on this post regularly for updates, as we go in September. I assume that this is good info, as no one has contradicted it. Sounds simple enough. Any additional tips would be appreciated.

The only additional tip in my later post is to ARRIVE EARLY. I saw people arriving to the line "shortly after" park opening and they were already working on the last few shows of the day and the line was already very long.

When we got to the front of the line, they asked how many children and gave you a show time if available. If you have more than 1 child, they might give you a show time that is much later than what you want or tell you it's not available. DO ASK for different show times for each of your children (if you don't mind being there for the Jedi training more than once), they may have an opening for 1 child in 2 different shows... maybe not 2 children in the same show.

And DON'T FORGET... your children MUST be with you when you sign up. They will ask some questions like can they follow directions, can they use the force only for good, or something like that.

Brooklin and DisFam: thanks for the responses! My son (8) is going to loooove this! A little worried about my 5 yr. old daughter, though. She was scared of the Chic-fil-a cow last time she saw it.

Those pics are great!

Brooklin and DisFam: thanks for the responses! My son (8) is going to loooove this! A little worried about my 5 yr. old daughter, though. She was scared of the Chic-fil-a cow last time she saw it.

Those pics are great!

We did this twice last year...why twice, you ask? Because after watching her brother do it, my daughter asked to do it too! And she is not a SW fan (ssshhh, don't tell her father!)

The strategy I followed was I got there before rope drop. I asked the CMs if all turnstiles would open because there were lines in front of only a handful of them....I assumed for TSM. I was told that they all did open and I offered those in front of me if they wanted to start the line (was trying to be friendly and not a "line-cutter"). When they let us through we headed for the ropes at American Idol Exp. There were CM Jedis there and they were the ones to walk us to where we sign up.

We did see those loose cannons who ran from the hat and in all honesty, they looked ridiculous. We even had a mom throw her stroller in front of us just to get in the door before us...really? We all got in...you don't need to be rude to do it.

Oh and if your daughter decides to do it...the really play it up. The trainer will announce to the crowd that there is a female Jedi and everyone goes wild! It was really great! The Jedi Master does a great job playing up to the crowd too!

And this is our young female jedi!
Photo0287FourBySix.jpg
[/IMG]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter