• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jedi Training - how close to showtime can you arrive?

wwlees

Earning My Ears
I have 2 kids. Only my youngest daughter wants to try to get picked and is willing to wait in line. If my husband stands in line with my youngest daughter so she can get picked, can my older daughter and I join up with them closer to show start time just to watch?

We are thinking of doing the 9:55am show. Thanks for the input!

Yes, we did this exact same thing in January. We went right over there when the park opened and my nephew got in line. He was within the first 15 so he was able to be part of the first show. While my brother in law waited with him, the rest of us went on Star Tours, took bathroom breaks, etc. and then came back a few minutes before the show. If you want to see them get there "uniforms" and light sabers then arrive even earlier.

I am so glad to hear there is a line for this now. My stepson did everything but use the force to try to get picked last year when we went but never made it to the stage. I felt so bad for him. Can't wait to see him up there this year.

I am so glad to hear there is a line for this now. My stepson did everything but use the force to try to get picked last year when we went but never made it to the stage. I felt so bad for him. Can't wait to see him up there this year.

Keep in mind, even though it has changed, you still need to be aware that you might not get in. They take the first 15 (I believe that's the number) kids in line. Once they hit that number they're done for that show. Now, you can wait in line for the next show, however, if you chose to do that, your child can not leave the waiting area. This means you could be waiting for a part of the day if it is busy. For a child who really wants to have this experience it is worth it. :thumbsup2

They don't just pick kids random from the crowd? Our oldest wore his own Jedi tunic to be able to be picked. Even the master pointed out that he and my son shoped at the same tailor.

They don't just pick kids random from the crowd? Our oldest wore his own Jedi tunic to be able to be picked. Even the master pointed out that he and my son shoped at the same tailor.

Nope, not anymore. Fair chance for everyone now....first come, first serve.

I have 2 kids. Only my youngest daughter wants to try to get picked and is willing to wait in line. If my husband stands in line with my youngest daughter so she can get picked, can my older daughter and I join up with them closer to show start time just to watch?

We are thinking of doing the 9:55am show. Thanks for the input!

Thats what we did in Feb. At rope drop DH & DS went right for Jedi and were 1st in line. DS4 and I went to TSM for fast passes and worked our way to Jedi slowly. Then DS4 and I stood by the stage and DH joined us as soon as DS was moved up to get ready to go on stage.

FYI if it rains they will close it. There is no cover on the stage and it gets very slippery.

So in line for an hour? I was planning on trying to get in line half an hour before the show- is that going to be too late?

We were there the second week in Feb. Going straight from rope drop my DS was 1st. To quote myself from another post - The line got long quickly and by 9:30 there were more then 15 kids in line. When the first session was over the line was even longer. They did not start taking kids for the second session until after the first session was all over. The times were 9:55, 10:55, 11:55 etc. By the time the 9:55 was over, at about 10:30, the line was long enough that some kids would not make it until at least 11:55.

Yes, you definitely have to be on a mission to do this. My DH sprinted from rope drop and my boys were still ##5 and 6. If we do this again and I was worried about getting into that first show (thus, not blowing the entire morning in line), I would try to have an ADR at Hollywood and Vine which is nearby 'though I'm not certain they'd let you around Echo Lake before RD.

There are lots of videos on youtube if you want a taste, including one we love of Darth losing his light saber.

So in line for an hour? I was planning on trying to get in line half an hour before the show- is that going to be too late?

There have been times when I've seen enough kids in line for 2-3 shows.

I'm so glad I found this thread! Ds would have been soooo disappointed! I've already adjusted my touring plans. :goodvibes

If you are a fan it is soooo cool! And IMO worth a long wait. Chills run up your spine as Darth Vader comes out LOL :yay:

Even if your child isn't in it and you are a fan of Star Wars it is a great show. We've seen it so many times that we can practically recite the Jedi Master's sayings. :yoda:

he choose to watch the 1st show to see what it was like. He like dit and decided to wait in line. He was in the 3rd showing at 11:45 am. We waited in line for an hour before knowing if he would be in the 3rd group. He was next to last in that group of kids and then we waited an additional 30 minutes before the 3rd show started. Well worth the wait, though. It was the highlight of the trip for our family :thumbsup2

Last year, both of our boys waited patiently to be selected. Our younger DS was Star Wars CRAZY and was beside himself with excitement! My older one got picked and the younger one didn't. His brother offered to trade with him, but I didn't think it would be fair, figuring we would wait.

We sat through FIVE shows trying to get on, and after every one, he cried huge disappointed tears and was absolutely inconsolable - the worst part of our vacation. To be honest, I welled up once too, his sadness was so palpable. We must have been a vision! :sad1:

Finally, I told him that it wasn't the "real" Darth Vader, and since the "Padwan" choosing didn't select DS, he stunk! That was the only thing that seemed to help! He spent the rest of the day saying "Padwans stink!" whenever he remembered!

When DH agreed to a trip again this year, he did so under the sole condition that there would be NO waiting for Jedi Training this year... no, hun, absolutely not! :rolleyes1

Last year, both of our boys waited patiently to be selected. Our younger DS was Star Wars CRAZY and was beside himself with excitement! My older one got picked and the younger one didn't. His brother offered to trade with him, but I didn't think it would be fair, figuring we would wait.

We sat through FIVE shows trying to get on, and after every one, he cried huge disappointed tears and was absolutely inconsolable - the worst part of our vacation. To be honest, I welled up once too, his sadness was so palpable. We must have been a vision! :sad1:

Finally, I told him that it wasn't the "real" Darth Vader, and since the "Padwan" choosing didn't select DS, he stunk! That was the only thing that seemed to help! He spent the rest of the day saying "Padwans stink!" whenever he remembered!

When DH agreed to a trip again this year, he did so under the sole condition that there would be NO waiting for Jedi Training this year... no, hun, absolutely not! :rolleyes1

Oh no! That would just wreck my DH and I if that happened....glad you were able to spin it around for him....and it seems unbelievable that a CM wouldn't be able to see how desperate he was to join his brother....geez

The CMs did see and I think they genuinely tried to help (telling him to wave his arms, for me to hold him on my shoulders, to try a different position) but they explained that it is up to the guy on stage who gets selected and they have no control over it.

They were very kind to my little guy though, and tried to cheer him up. But, he was still so very heartbroken, I can honestly say I have never seen him so sad and disappointed. A lineup is definitely a better option. Hopefully we have more success this year, assuming he is still interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter