Jedi Training and Fast Pass for TSM Question

rs505

Mouseketeer
During our last trip, we worked out our strategy for getting the fast pass for TSM and signing up for Jedi Training. I took our children to sign up for Jedi Training while DW took our KTW and got the fast passes for Toy Story Mania. This worked well, and given that the return times for the fast passes were not being enforced, it did not present a problem since our fast pass return time was during the Jedi Training.

Now that they are enforcing the return times, I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts about the above strategy if we run into the problem of our fast pass return time being during Jedi Training. I wonder if we told the CM at TSM that the reason we are returning late is because of Jedi Training, and they would let us go. I know that no one can predict what an individual CM will do, but I'm curious if Jedi Training is like dining reservations and they will give the pass holders some leeway.

Thanks in advance.

I was wondering the same thing. I would hate to stand in line for fast passes and then not be able to use them.

Since it's going to be at the discretion of the CM, there's no way to know if they will let you ride until you actually try it. There's not even any way to be certain one will get leeway for an ADR.

My plan is to sign up for Jedi Training. I've never done it before, but I'm assuming I will know what my return time is when I leave from signing up. Then head over to TSMM. If the return time does not conflict with the Jedi Training time then I will get one. If it does, then I won't. I figure that I will be able to sign up for Jedi Training and get over to TSMM before noon. Even on the busy days TSMM FPs have not run out until noon.

Even on the busy days TSMM FPs have not run out until noon.

This isn't true any more.

Fast Passes have been running out by 11:00 am even on not-very-busy days.

But if you scoot over to TSM to get Fast Passes right after signing up for Jedi (right after the turnstiles open, which has been at 8:45 lately), you should be OK.

How is the stand by line if you go straight over after signing up? I'm trying to decide if the Jedi training is worth skipping a ride on TSM.

If you both have cell phones, ask your dw what the return times are as she approaches the machine. If it conflicts with what the CMs at Jedi are giving out at the time, explain that and ask for the next slot, I'm sure they'll accommodate you.

If you both have cell phones, ask your dw what the return times are as she approaches the machine. If it conflicts with what the CMs at Jedi are giving out at the time, explain that and ask for the next slot, I'm sure they'll accommodate you.

Lauren T:

Thanks. That seems like the most practical approach to this issue.

During our last trip, we worked out our strategy for getting the fast pass for TSM and signing up for Jedi Training. I took our children to sign up for Jedi Training while DW took our KTW and got the fast passes for Toy Story Mania. This worked well, and given that the return times for the fast passes were not being enforced, it did not present a problem since our fast pass return time was during the Jedi Training.

Now that they are enforcing the return times, I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts about the above strategy if we run into the problem of our fast pass return time being during Jedi Training. I wonder if we told the CM at TSM that the reason we are returning late is because of Jedi Training, and they would let us go. I know that no one can predict what an individual CM will do, but I'm curious if Jedi Training is like dining reservations and they will give the pass holders some leeway.

Thanks in advance.

OK, here is what happened this last Sunday. First we didn't arrive until 8:30, which is, I understand about an hour after they started letting people in. The rest of my group went to Jedi to sign up my grandson and I went to Toy Story to get FP's. I didn't think of the cell phone option, wish I had, so I just got what was available at the time. BTW, no line at all at the FP machines. There were people there but I just walked up to the first machine that was open and got the passes. I then walked back over to meet them and found that the FP's were for the same time as the Jedi Training, so I walked back over, watched for people that got 4 FP's and asked them if the wanted to swap theirs for one earlier. They did, I went back and continued on with the rest of the day. No problems and no hassles at all. I maybe lost 5 minutes tops.

I had done the same thing the previous day for Test Track. We got FP's for about 3:30 in the afternoon and later decided that we were going to take a break mid-afternoon so I swapped with a family for passes later in the day. It took about 3 minutes.

Just went to the FP kiosk of the ride and waited to find a matching number. Very easy to do. And yes they were enforcing the times.

Please let us know how the cell phone/return time plan works. That's what we have planned to do Oct 1.

The dream plan is this:

I head over to JTA with DS4 and DSF4 and her dad. DH takes the tix for FPs for TSM. We meet at the Toy Story M&G and try to be close to the beginning of that line. Hopefully DH will have an early FP time and we can jump on after that and get another FP if the kids want a second ride. Then we head over to ST. Shows for most of the remainder of the day, built around JTA slot, with parents taking in the thrill rides whenever we grab some later FPs for them. Resort break after the parade. Return between 6 and 7 for Fantasmic.

I guess there's no guarantee, and I haven't done it specifically because of a FP return time, but the CM's gave us a later slot when the one they were up to conflicted with an ADR...
That was in Feb of 2011...they were perfectly fine with it - no problem at all.

We just did this last week during EMH. DD and I got signed up for the first Jedi session while DH got TSM Fastpasses. Once we got signed up, we headed over to ride TSM, then headed back to our Jedi session. Worked out great, no issues at all. It will hopefully work the same way for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter