Jedi Training Academy

TinkPearl

Spring Break April 2019 Here We Come!
My boys haven't done JTA in about 2 years and we'd love to know what has changed since then? Any info would be great :)

They take twice the kids. New sign up area. Half the kids fight Seventh Sister. New backdrop.

It's changed quite a bit. This is from my TR.

Check in is here at the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost

20151206_151442.jpg

You go to the back of the store and there are a few tables set up for registration. The cm takes the child's information and asks the child questions. How old are you? Will you follow directions? Do you like to act in front of people? To which my son informed the cm that he is an actor. And are you afraid of Darth Vader?

We were told the earliest time slot was for the 3:40 show and asked if we'd like then or later for ds. We chose the 3:40 slot. Return time was 3:10pm, to return where we signed him up.

20151206_145723.jpg

We returned back to the store, Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost

20151206_151442.jpg

When you enter the store, you check in at the same tables where you signed up. Then the kids are lined up outside the Outpost in 2 different lines. A cm asks them trivia questions.

Once all the kids are accounted for, 2 are banner holders and they proceed down to the Star Tours stage where they enter. (This is both the entrance and exit area for the participants)

20151206_154255.jpg

***Tip: I'd suggest one parent stay with your young jedi at the outpost and have the rest of your party find a spot at the stage. It is much easier to squeeze one person into the viewing area than a family. At our Jedi Training, there were several parents who didn't get good viewing of their children because spots were already taken before the kids ever even arrived.***

The kids are lined up in 2 different lines on the lower level.

20151206_154316.jpg

The ones closer to the stage go up to battle Vader. The ones further, stay on the bottom to battle the 7th Sister from Star Wars Rebels.

20151206_155201.jpg

20151206_155223.jpg

My son was thrilled to have the 7th Sister as his villain.

JTA%207th%20Sister%20and%20JJ.jpg

Darth Maul makes an appearance. The kid's don't battle him.

20151206_155915.jpg

The kids are presented to the audience

20151206_160157.jpg

They get a certificate

20151206_160357.jpg

***Tip: As soon as they are handed the certificate, they are ushered out to the crowd through the same space they entered. If your child is one to wander or get lost easily, you'll want to quickly get over to that exit. I really wish they were dismissed to the parents directly. I think it would be easy for kids to get confused with the Star Tours line, the show spectators and guests walking by. My husband "sprinted" over to get ds.***

That is so, so helpful!! What time did you get there to sign up? My two daughters are so into SW and can't wait to do this! My 6yo actually practices at home!

Wow! Lovethattink, that was an incredibly helpful post!

My son, now 6, was afraid of Vader and Star Wars stuff when we were last at Disney. So we skipped the Jedi Training Academy entirely - never saw it at all. This now looks like an absolute must-do for my newly-Star-Wars-obsessed boy! :)

It was really cute when we saw it in January. They march the kids up like they are in a mini parade, and then they all get a chance to fight off their opponent. My 2 yo loved watching it!

How strict are they on the age limits? My younger DD will be about 10 days shy of 4 on our next trip. Would they let her participate? She wants to do everything her older sister does & I'm just picturing many tears if she's told she's not old enough.

We got off the bus at about 9:05. Park opened at 9. We went right to the sign ups and waited 45 minutes. The first available time was 4:40pm show.

We went 4/7:

When they line up at the Outpost, the line on the left will get Vader, the right gets Seventh Sister. SS is on the bottom.

We got there at rope drop, stood in line for 15 minutes, wanted the 6:40 slot, and got it. Reason we asked for night, they light up the light sabers with the sound effects for the kids. Looks really cool.

Got a pin, no certificate. Photo Pass photog was kind enough to get us an extra photo pass card as a souvenir (have 2 DDs). Vader is on the card.

Side note, a Photo Pass photog was outside the area with lightsabers for us grownups to take pics. Not sure if that's every night or not.

We signed up last week, but it got cancelled because of rain. They had spots for 450 kids and the line at rope drop was the longest line we stood in the entire trip. If it rains, they take you inside Star Tours for a photo op with Darth Vader. Honestly, it was a hot mess. You enter through the Fastpass line and people who were trying to ride got mixed up with our group. Our photo didn't show Darth Vader's head and the kids did not get any pins or certificates. Not worth 2 hours of our only DHS day, but would have been awesome if the show went on as planned. Not sure why Disney can't figure out how to put up an awning over the stage.

I'm following this because we have a trip next month, and my 5 year old wants to do this. We have an 8 am breakfast reservation at H&V. A friend mentioned something to me about people with breakfast reservations being allowed to sign up before their reservation. Apparently, this is a recent change. Has anyone heard this?

Last edited:
So we will head there right at rope drop. Where exactly is that Adventure Outpost? To the right or left of Indiana Jones? I can't even picture it!

I'm following this because we have a trip next month, and my 5 year old wants to do this. We have an 8 am breakfast reservation at H&V. A friend mentioned something to me about people with breakfast reservations being allowed to sign up before their reservation. Apparently, this is a recent change. Has anyone heard this?

We were actually able to do this last week (on 2/1). I was shocked. We were signed up by 7:55 and then went to our breakfast. I had expected to have to rush through breakfast to get over there. I'm not sure if it was a one time deal or if it's the new normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter