Jedi Training Academy?

If your child loves Star Wars, then it's worth it. If not, it may still be a fun experience, but "worth it" is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

They haven't seen star wars, heck I only vaguely remember seeing a star wars movie when I was super young. They know of the movies, just haven't watched them so they'll still have fun. It was their idea to do the jedi training, lol.

Everyone remember that HS tends to open earlier than other parks, in relation to posted 'park hours' times. Shoot to be there 45 minutes before posted park opening, to be in a decent spot in line, prepared to start entering the park up to 30 minutes early. So they will open the park/ride rides/start sign-ups at 8:30 on a 9am park opening day. The earlier you get in line, the quicker you can move on to something else. The later you get in line (talking 10-15 minutes), the line with double/triple+.

Not sure if this is the case with EMH...does anyone know? Does HS open earlier than posted EMH hours?

1- Yes.

2- If your kid(s) getting to be a part of Jedi Training is one of your main goals, then, yes.

When something is:
A- Very, very popular
B- In limited supply
then, arriving early and making a concerted effort to be at the appointed spot is just a "fact of WDW."

If spending a lot of valuable "riding time" just standing in a line to sign-up is not appealing,
then, I'd choose to NOT do Jedi Training on an AM EMH day at DHS.
Do that on a "regular hours" morning.

i totally expect to wait in lines. been there and have done it. that being said, line ups were not long when we went before and we are going again the same week, which it seems from other posters on here seems to be one of the least crowded weeks of the whole year (end of september). my question was that it seemed if you went on a NON EMH morning, they start signing up kids in the line immediately at park opening. but if on an EMH day, you get in line and then have to wait for a whole hour until regular park opening before they even start taking names (did i understand that correctly?).

in which case it doesn't make sense to go on an EMH day. so i will likely switch my AK and my HS day around. in which case i won't be going to AK on an EMH day either. :(

i really enjoyed going on EMH to AK because we only waited less than 10 minutes in line for the safari, and same for Kali River Rapids, about 3 minutes for dinosaur (practically walked right on) and we went on EE over and over again racing through the queue with no waits at all. we won't be doing rollercoasters this time around as I've had a head injury, but i really like being done all the rides by 11:30 then having a character lunch.
:)

It is soooo worth it!

I also loved, and didn't ever see it here on the Boards that they have a Disney photographer photograph the whole thing and you can get all of the pics added to your photo pass if you have one, and if you don't they give you a card to get your photos at the park.

So, so worth getting there early and the day we went the park opened 30
Min early

It is soooo worth it!

I also loved, and didn't ever see it here on the Boards that they have a Disney photographer photograph the whole thing and you can get all of the pics added to your photo pass if you have one, and if you don't they give you a card to get your photos at the park.

So, so worth getting there early and the day we went the park opened 30
Min early

did you go on an EMH morning?

Go at park open and you should be fine. They at least double the capacity to handle the increased demand.

Ok thanks for all the info! My follow up question is this-- are we going to miss " a star wars opening park show" by running to JTA? I thought someone had mentioned a short show at opening at front gates? TIA

Ok thanks for all the info! My follow up question is this-- are we going to miss " a star wars opening park show" by running to JTA? I thought someone had mentioned a short show at opening at front gates? TIA

It's not so much a show. Typically there are a few stormtroopers that walk above you and make comments on the roof of the entrance plaza. I believe this starts before the park opens and goes on for an hour or so after--someone can correct me--if so you'll be fine.

How old does the kid have to be to do this??

Ages 4-12.

I have been looking for information about signing up and had not been able to find anything. This information is great. I have two kids that would love to do this.

I'm assuming light sabers are supplied during training and we don't need to bring our own

Do they get to keep anything from the experience outside of the pictures (if we buy them)? Lightsabers, robes, etc.?

MacNip said:
Do they get to keep anything from the experience outside of the pictures (if we buy them)? Lightsabers, robes, etc.?

No, you can't buy or keep anything that they use during the show. They do give you a little certificate, though, and the gift shop has plenty for sale. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter