• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jedi training academy

LauraluvsDisney2

Earning My Ears
I am taking my boys ages 4 and 6 to WDW for their first time in feb. They are both in love with star wars in fact my youngest doesn't talk about going to Disneyworld all he says is he is going to ride Star Wars :)
I want to sign them up for the Jedi training academy and was wondering if anyone had any tips on where I go to do it and if I should arrive super early.
One thing I am definitely not doing is telling them anything about it just in case it doesn't work out.

Thanks for the tips :thumbsup2

You won't be able to not tell them about it because they have to be with you at sign up. When I was there in August, it was near Sounds Dangerous.

I am taking my boys ages 4 and 6 to WDW for their first time in feb. They are both in love with star wars in fact my youngest doesn't talk about going to Disneyworld all he says is he is going to ride Star Wars :)
I want to sign them up for the Jedi training academy and was wondering if anyone had any tips on where I go to do it and if I should arrive super early.
One thing I am definitely not doing is telling them anything about it just in case it doesn't work out.

Thanks for the tips :thumbsup2

Go immediately to the sign-up location at park open and you should have no trouble signing them up. As PP mentioned, they need to be present at sign-up.

The location can be at either ABC Soundstage (the former Sounds Dangerous) or at the JTA stage itself a little further down. There should be signs and CMs pointing the way in any event.

We are going in a couple weeks and my 9yr old is a huge Star Wars fan. He has no idea there is any Jedi training and won't until we get to sign up..lol. I want him to be surprised :)

Spots fill up quickly so be at the park early (if possible before it opens). Then follow mesaboy2 directions above.

Kids have to be with you. If you have another adult in your party have them get toy story passes. That line is crazy all day and fast passes go quickly.

We just did this Saturday. We arrived at ~8:40 (still EMH) and they were signing up for the 12:20 (ish) show and there was no line at all. We requested a slip for the 6:20 show with no issues. I only had DS with me... Went back at ~9:10 after general opening to try and sign DD up and the line was out the door. Go early!!!! DD was able to be an alternate so it worked out and was adorable to watch!!!

Does anyone know if Darth Maul has been making an appearances at HS? My son fought Darth Vader last year and is dying to fight Darth Maul. :yay:

DM was there when we went in October. They had to cancel our original timeslot for some reason and rescheduled us a little later in the day (around 12:20). Basically they combined us with the 12:20 group so they brought out DM to fight half the kids.

Go immediately to the sign-up location at park open and you should have no trouble signing them up. As PP mentioned, they need to be present at sign-up.

The location can be at either ABC Soundstage (the former Sounds Dangerous) or at the JTA stage itself a little further down. There should be signs and CMs pointing the way in any event.

This...go immediately to sign up.

Dearth maul was out in some of the afternoon shows when we were there this past Saturday :-) not the evening ones though

We were there last Monday 11/26 and immediately took our 3 kids (7, 5, 4) to sign them up right after park opening. We got to ABC Soundstage around 9:10 AM and the line was already out the door. By the time we got to the sign-up desk, they were already filling slots for the 4:10 pm show or later. We wanted to leave the park and come back in the evening so we requested the 6:20 show and they accommodated us with no problems. During the show, each child got a light saber and the Jedi Master showed them how to draw it and use it during a simulated "fight". Then Darth Vader came out (very huge and intimidating to my 4 y/o DD but my other 2 were OK) and they had to use their light sabers to have a "battle" with Darth Vader. The entire show was about 20 mins and was very cute and worth the wait for 2 of my kids. There was only one other 4 y/o little girl other than my daughter and both of them looked scared to death during the whole show so may want to reconsider if your child is younger and on the timid side.

We have nine year old twins, and I am more concerned with whether or not my very determined daughter will try to put the smack'down on Darth instead!

Thank you all for the Darth Maul updates! Hopefully we'll get lucky and he'll be there next week!

We have nine year old twins, and I am more concerned with whether or not my very determined daughter will try to put the smack'down on Darth instead!

Haha, they should love it, then! Most of the kids had a great time and a few were really swinging away at him.

Since the kids need to be present to sign up, do they require their park passes? i would love to have my wife sign them up while I get fast passes to TM.

Since the kids need to be present to sign up, do they require their park passes? i would love to have my wife sign them up while I get fast passes to TM.

Nope..your wife can take the kids and you can go get fast passes :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter