Jedi training Academy???

flattfamily5

Earning My Ears
I am hoping someone is familiar with this. We are much more familiar with disneyland and they have a "Jedi training academy" show where the kids get to participate with Darth Maul and a few other character's....I was wondering is Disney World had something like this or something similar.

Thanks for the help.

Yes, they have it at Hollywood Studios over by the Star Wars ride (Star Tours). We tried to get my son in on it, but kept missing the times.

This is one of my favorite shows to watch and my son is even too young to participate in it. I love it because the CMs have been FANTASTIC with the kids each time I've seen the show. They really involve the kids and the kids get one-on-one attention/instruction which must really make them feel special. I cannot wait until my little guy is old enough to participate.

It's at DHS at specific times.

We did this when we were there in Oct. We were so lucky, both ds and dd were chosen to participate. All the kids got their own lightsaber to use and they had a short training session then they all got to battle Darth Vader. It was really cool. We got there about 30mins before the first show and made sure to be right at the very front. Then I had both kids jump up and down and act really excited. DD got picked first and I jumped up and down with ds and practically begged the guy to pick him. He finally got picked about 2nd to last, but it was so much fun.

Thanks for starting the thread. I had heard something about it but didn't really know much about it. My sons (10 and 4) are HUGE Star Wars fans. I guess you could classify them as "fanatics". LOL!

I will have to add this to our "Must See" list.

Thanks!

What is the age that the little guys have to be for this?? Wow- I am so excited! My son is 4 and I bet that is too young, but let me know what age limit is. Also, it sounds like this is something they are picked to do, So that is a chance to take but if we get up front as another poster mentioned.... sounds good.

What is the age that the little guys have to be for this?? Wow- I am so excited! My son is 4 and I bet that is too young, but let me know what age limit is. Also, it sounds like this is something they are picked to do, So that is a chance to take but if we get up front as another poster mentioned.... sounds good.

No, 4 is not too young. My ds participated at 4yrs, and we have seen kids who look younger than he is also get picked. I highly recommend checking the guide times and cannot stress enough that if it's important to your child to get picked, show up early so they are in the front row, standing on their own two feet on the ground. We got there a little too late on this trip, and were standing about three rows deep. I was holding ds up (in his Jedi t-shirt no less) but unfortunately he did not get picked this time. There were a ton of kids there, and the ones that got picked were all standing on the ground right by the stage.

hth, and best of luck!

My DS8 got picked to be in the Academy on our trip in October, and he still talks about it and practices his moves daily! There was a Photopass photographer setting up when we got to the stage, and he gave us some helpful hints to get DS picked:

1. STAY BEHIND THE WHITE LINE!!! There is a white line about five feet or so from the stage so kids that are picked can get up to the stage. The Jedi Master working our show kept repeating "If you are in front of the white line, you will not be picked" over and over. Sure enough, I was watching kids' feet and every child picked was standing behind the white line.

2. We had gotten DS a light saber from Tattooine Traders before the show. The photographer suggested that DS show off his lightsaber skills during the selection process - and make sure he did not hurt anyone while he was practicing!

3. I had made a small-but-visible sign that said "The Force Is Strong In This One!" with an arrow pointing down. DH and I held the sign above DS while the Jedi Master was selecting the padawans and got a laugh out of the Jedi Master...

4. DS was wearing a Darth Vader shirt. Not sure if that helped...

5. We got to the stage about 30 minutes before the show so we could make sure we were in front. It was a good thing we did, because at five minutes before show time, the crowd was at least ten people deep, and parents in the back were holding up their child and trying to get the Jedi Master's attention.

Hope these tips help...have a great trip!!!

Thanks for these tips! My DS (5) is a Star Wars fanantic and all he talks about is getting to battle Darth Vader at Disney. :rolleyes: So, if he doesn't get picked, we will have a very upset boy on our hands. I'm sure DH will make us go to each show until he does get picked though! ::yes::

We have 3 boys that would love this, however we'd have very upset brothers if only one or :sad2: two got picked...almost makes me not want to try:rotfl2:

My daughter did this last January, she was 5. We were actually on our way to see Woody and she saw the crowd and wanted to see what it was. It was only about 3 minutes until show time. I told her about it and told her she probably wouldn't get picked because they only pick a few kids but she wanted to try. There was space near the front behind 4 boys who were all in red and had their faces painted like Dart Maul. I figured there was absolutly no way she would be picked standing behind these boys. WRONG! She was one of the first kids picked. And I think only one of the Darth maul boys were. (How heart breaking for the other three? :guilty: ) I large majority of the kids wanting to be picked had on Star Wars shirts, and a lot of the dad's as well. Most of them weren't the ones picked though, it was very random.

Anyway, she loved it!

My daughter did this last January, she was 5. We were actually on our way to see Woody and she saw the crowd and wanted to see what it was. It was only about 3 minutes until show time. I told her about it and told her she probably wouldn't get picked because they only pick a few kids but she wanted to try. There was space near the front behind 4 boys who were all in red and had their faces painted like Dart Maul. I figured there was absolutly no way she would be picked standing behind these boys. WRONG! She was one of the first kids picked. And I think only one of the Darth maul boys were. (How heart breaking for the other three? :guilty: ) I large majority of the kids wanting to be picked had on Star Wars shirts, and a lot of the dad's as well. Most of them weren't the ones picked though, it was very random.

Anyway, she loved it!

I think girls have a better chance of getting picked since there are probably fewer girls that are into Star Wars. My dd5 was like the 2nd one picked and ds was one of the last. there were definetly kids of all age ranges that we saw. I would say anywhere from 4yr olds up to pre-teen. Although the pre-teen we saw on stage was a girl and looked very much out of place with all the other little kids. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter