Jedi Training Academy Signup Conflict

garrman

Earning My Ears
Hey all,

This year I am going to sign my 6 Year old Disney twins up for the Jedi Training Academy. We will be there on May 28th which is on a Star Wars Weekend and my guess is that this will be insanely busy so I'm going to head there at rope drop.

My dilemma is that we have an ADR at Hollywood & Vine for a character mean at 12:05. If we get into the first or second shows I think we'll be fine, but any show from 11:30 - 1:30 will conflict (accounting for the time you need to be there early for the JTA). Will the allow me to let people pass so that I could get a show after the 1:30 timeframe? Has anyone hit upon this situation before?

Thanks,

garrman

Yes, we did this last summer. My parents were meeting me and my son at the park with the video camera. They had slept in, so I wasn't sure if they would make it in time for the first show. So, I asked the CM if we could let a few people pass us so the first show could fill up, and we could make it into the second show. They said it was fine.

Thanks Cindermomma!

Here's to hoping my kids run faster than yours do. :rolleyes1

garrman

I'm a little jealous... my boy LOVES Star Wars.. and Darth Vader... BUT he says, "I will not fight Darth Vader." (Sounds kind of like, "I will not fight you, father...." hmmm..) I'm not sure if it's because he's afraid or just doesn't want to hurt Darth. :rotfl2:

I have a question....my son did this a year and a half ago when you signed up for each show a little before the show. At that time, to sign up, the child that was to participate had to be present (a parent couldn't sign them up and wait while the child rides Star Tours with the other parent and siblings). I think that makes sense...however I am wondering, since the sign-ups are in the morning first thing...can I go to rope drop, let the others sleep in, sign my son up and meet them a little later? Or, does my son have to be present at sign-ups even if he won't be doing it until possibly 2:30 in the afternoon?

It's been a while since we've stopped at the Jedi Training Academy. Our last time, the kids had to jump up and down and be noticed to get picked.

Where is the sign-up sheet? Is there an age limit? My 9-year old would love to do this.

TIA!

It's been a while since we've stopped at the Jedi Training Academy. Our last time, the kids had to jump up and down and be noticed to get picked.

Where is the sign-up sheet? Is there an age limit? My 9-year old would love to do this.

TIA!

I too would like to know this - last trip my boys tried to get picked and never managed it and we watched the show 3 times :lmao:

I have a question....my son did this a year and a half ago when you signed up for each show a little before the show. At that time, to sign up, the child that was to participate had to be present (a parent couldn't sign them up and wait while the child rides Star Tours with the other parent and siblings). I think that makes sense...however I am wondering, since the sign-ups are in the morning first thing...can I go to rope drop, let the others sleep in, sign my son up and meet them a little later? Or, does my son have to be present at sign-ups even if he won't be doing it until possibly 2:30 in the afternoon?

Your child has to be present when being signed up since the CMs ask the kids a few questions.

And if you are trying to sign up during a SWW head there immediately at rope drop and be prepared for the huge mass of others heading that way too. I had a death-grip on my 5 yr old DS's hand because I thought he would get run over. Within an hour of the park opening (we went on a EMH) the line roped through the ISD que and to the AIE steps and they were telling people that they had reached their limit for the day.

TIA!

The sign up will be near the JT stage. Last May for SWW it was by the It Sounds Dangerous que, this past November it was under the Ewok village at the ST que. Head that way and you'll find it. The age limit is 4 - 12 yrs. old. There will be CMs that will ask the kids questions and hand you a return to JT slip. Hold on to it, pay attention to the return time and enjoy the show. :)

Your child has to be present when being signed up since the CMs ask the kids a few questions.

And if you are trying to sign up during a SWW head there immediately at rope drop and be prepared for the huge mass of others heading that way too. I had a death-grip on my 5 yr old DS's hand because I thought he would get run over. Within an hour of the park opening (we went on a EMH) the line roped through the ISD que and to the AIE steps and they were telling people that they had reached their limit for the day.

The sign up will be near the JT stage. Last May for SWW it was by the It Sounds Dangerous que, this past November it was under the Ewok village at the ST que. Head that way and you'll find it. The age limit is 4 - 12 yrs. old. There will be CMs that will ask the kids questions and hand you a return to JT slip. Hold on to it, pay attention to the return time and enjoy the show. :)

Thanks!:thumbsup2

I'm a little jealous... my boy LOVES Star Wars.. and Darth Vader... BUT he says, "I will not fight Darth Vader." (Sounds kind of like, "I will not fight you, father...." hmmm..) I'm not sure if it's because he's afraid or just doesn't want to hurt Darth. :rotfl2:

:rotfl2:
Reminds me of Seinfeld. "I choose not to run."

We went to the Studios on SWW last year. My resolution this year for our May trip is that I will not venture near the Studios on a weekend day! You couldn't pay me to be in that mob of people.

Have you thought about switching your Studios day to a weekday? You'll have a much better chance of getting your child into the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter