Jedi Training Academy Question

20 minutes for each session. And, if the session stops due to rain, those who have not trained against Vader get to have a meet and greet with Vader and Troopers - family members are included.

It took us about 10 minutes to sign up. We were there long before rope drop. My husband took the kids and we got an afternoon session. Unfortunately it poured all afternoon and they were unable to do the training. The only day it rained during the whole week of our trip. So they got pics instead. It is on our radar for our next trip, we will definately sign up for an earlier time to try and avoid the afternoon downpour.

Is there any chance of getting into a show on a day with crowd levels of 3 if we do TSMM at rope drop and then head straight for sign ups? I'm planning to FP TSMM, but would love to get a second ride in.

Is there any chance of getting into a show on a day with crowd levels of 3 if we do TSMM at rope drop and then head straight for sign ups? I'm planning to FP TSMM, but would love to get a second ride in.
A chance sure. It is not worth risking if JTA is must do. It's so hard to predict how many people on a given day will want to participate, even on a crowd level of 3.

20 minutes for each session. And, if the session stops due to rain, those who have not trained against Vader get to have a meet and greet with Vader and Troopers - family members are included.

Unless there is lightning, at which point, they won't walk the kids over to the Star Tours area to meet Vader, and won't walk Vader to meet the kids. They all get to put on robes and take a picture with a banner. The cast members felt really bad, but I know it was about safety.

Unless there is lightning, at which point, they won't walk the kids over to the Star Tours area to meet Vader, and won't walk Vader to meet the kids. They all get to put on robes and take a picture with a banner. The cast members felt really bad, but I know it was about safety.
One other case is even 1 drop of rain. That's what happened to us.
We got all ready, walked down to the stage when 1, 2 drops of rain fell. The CM leading the kids down said no problem, it would still go on. A CM working at the stage said no and cancelled it and we all went inside for a photo op. There was no lightening and it never did rain. Just a few stray drops fell. They said it was for safety because the stage is elevated and slippery when wet. I do agree with that. If it had rained. The CM cancelled too fast, had he waited a few minutes more (and we had a few minutes before it started) he would have seen the sun came out and it did not rain. We either got a CM who wanted to get in out of the heat or they do that for even 1 drop of rain.

We got all ready, walked down to the stage when 1, 2 drops of rain fell. The CM leading the kids down said no problem, it would still go on. A CM working at the stage said no and cancelled it and we all went inside for a photo op. There was no lightening and it never did rain. Just a few stray drops fell. They said it was for safety because the stage is elevated and slippery when wet. I do agree with that. If it had rained. The CM cancelled too fast, had he waited a few minutes more (and we had a few minutes before it started) he would have seen the sun came out and it did not rain. We either got a CM who wanted to get in out of the heat or they do that for even 1 drop of rain.

Yes, they are quick to cancel, which is really frustrating if it stops immediately. I just meant if there was lightning, they do not even get to meet Vader as a consolation prize.

We always do the H&V breakfast and on our last trip in December we were the first people to sign up for JTA and were in and out before a line even formed. There were two other families that followed us over from the restaurant, but we were signed up and on our way before anyone from the entrance arrived. We were doing TSM SB before the first RDers got there, too.

Yes, they are quick to cancel, which is really frustrating if it stops immediately. I just meant if there was lightning, they do not even get to meet Vader as a consolation prize.
Ah, I missed that part. That is too bad. I wonder why? That's inside

Stand-by can be tough. They say you need to arrive at the registration area 20 or so minutes prior to the show you want to get into. It's not actually true though. Stand-by works in the order in which you are signed-up in the computer, NOT by who arrives to the registration area prior to a show first.

My son and I took a solo trip to DHS back in late April because Mom can't stand DHS. Since we didn't really have any plans, we signed him up for stand-by and floated back and forth between Star Tours and the sign-up area. We arrived 20 minutes prior to a show and we were the only stand-by. 5 minutes prior to show-time another stand-by arrived. They got into the show and we didn't. I asked the cast member because we were clearly there first (and the CM knew we were there). She explained that we were "stand-by #37" in the computer (e.g. the 37th person to sign-up for stand-by) and they were "stand-by #15", so the lowest #'ed stand-by gets in first.

We did get into the 3rd show that we tried for and the CMs were very helpful at registration. It seemed that they were actually rooting for us to get into a show. For the rest of the day they recognized us as we would walk by and they would say hi to my son. They did give some tips that may be helpful for others on Stand-By--your best bet to get into shows as a stand-by are around lunch time (people breaking for food and not arriving for their appointment) and mid-afternoon as kids melt-down and are taken out of the parks for an afternoon nap/break.

I'm so excited to try this with my son. He only recently started liking Star Wars, and would love to do the Jedi Training!!! Thanks for the helpful info!

I may have had a very lucky day, but our show went on despite a pretty rainy day.

It poured off and on before our show, but was dry when we reported 30 min early. Well, the sky was dry, but they were busily toweling off the stage to get it dry. Either just before, or during our show, it started to rain a little again, and I put on my poncho. It turned out to be just that short spritz and our show went uninterrupted.

I am NOT trying to say my experience was typical - it sounds like you should be wary of potential closure, but I'd just suggest not giving up if it has been rainy or even raining lightly. If I had a big Star Wars fan (and had arrived at rope drop to sign up!) I would still show up and hope for the best.

I may have had a very lucky day, but our show went on despite a pretty rainy day.

It poured off and on before our show, but was dry when we reported 30 min early. Well, the sky was dry, but they were busily toweling off the stage to get it dry. Either just before, or during our show, it started to rain a little again, and I put on my poncho. It turned out to be just that short spritz and our show went uninterrupted.

I am NOT trying to say my experience was typical - it sounds like you should be wary of potential closure, but I'd just suggest not giving up if it has been rainy or even raining lightly. If I had a big Star Wars fan (and had arrived at rope drop to sign up!) I would still show up and hope for the best.
I tend to think ours was more of an unusual experience than yours. I got the impression that the CM that cancelled the show wanted to get in out of the heat and used the rain as a good excuse to do that. Even the CM that has walked us down had a shocked look on his face

What about on an extra magic hours morning? Is sign-up still right at 9 when everyone else comes in or at 8 when EMH are going on? We will only be there one day and it will have morning EMH that we will be attending, but I want to know if we are supposed to go there right at 8.

What about on an extra magic hours morning? Is sign-up still right at 9 when everyone else comes in or at 8 when EMH are going on? We will only be there one day and it will have morning EMH that we will be attending, but I want to know if we are supposed to go there right at 8.

If there are EMH, sign ups will be at 8, giving a big advantage to onsite guests who choose to get there early.

We have an 8:00 reservation at H & V with the hopes of getting a jump start on the sign ups. Because HS often opens early, what does that do to our "advantage"? How will we know they've opened the gates if we are in the restaurant?

We have an 8:00 reservation at H & V with the hopes of getting a jump start on the sign ups. Because HS often opens early, what does that do to our "advantage"? How will we know they've opened the gates if we are in the restaurant?
If this is the sole reason you are going to H&V, cancel it.
The odds of being done with eating AND seeing the characters before people are let in the park are very slim.
And it's really sort of a waste of money to eat there and leave before the characters come around, since that's what the premium price you are paying is for.
That said, if you do intend to eat there no matter what, there is just 1 way you can tell when folks are let you. You'll see them walking down the pathway.

If this is the sole reason you are going to H&V, cancel it.
The odds of being done with eating AND seeing the characters before people are let in the park are very slim.
And it's really sort of a waste of money to eat there and leave before the characters come around, since that's what the premium price you are paying is for.
That said, if you do intend to eat there no matter what, there is just 1 way you can tell when folks are let you. You'll see them walking down the pathway.

Totally disagree with this advice. As I posted above, we've ALWAYS done a 8:00 a.m. H&V, and we've ALWAYS had a jump on the RD crowd, to the point where we were literally the first people to sign up for JTA on our last trip. The characters are non-speaking and come through pretty quickly. Frankly, not many people do the breakfast so the restaurant is pretty empty first thing. After we eat and meet everyone, we just go outside and wait. CMs will hold you in the vicinity of the restaurant until the park opens...your cue is that the background music changes.

ETA: H&V breakfast is our #1 must-do for meals only because of the JTA/TSM advantage. With an 8 a.m. seating the food is nice and fresh, too. Plus, we tend to have long DHS days, so starting with a hearty breakfast is perfect.

Just giving our experience. Maybe the odds are not slim but they are not a given either.
We were not able to complete our meal and meet all the characters. We paid as soon as we were seated and ordered beverages so we were not waiting on staff. We were waiting on characters. So while you find you could do it, we did not. That said, we also do not find it necessary. We have gotten signed up for JTA numerous times by arriving at HS before opening. We ended up getting there later than we did with an ADR and we didn't spend that money and we still got the front of the line and our pick of sign up times. Even on SWW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter