Jedi Mickey's Review: Pics, Impressions, and Review! The Force is in this thread!

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
In a galaxy...almost 2 weeks ago!....

So the day had finally come, the one that I was looking foward to the most. The Jedi Mickey Diner! I had it planned for MONTHS that I was going to dress as a Jedi, and force my DH into a Jedi costume too...it all seemed to be going according to plan. Then the day came and I felt SUPER nervous, what would these people think, how am I going to get him to do this...will it be worth the money? I'll take you through my day at Disney's Hollywood Studios Jedi Mickey's Diner!

The countdown:
Oh boy here we go...I had everything in my book bag, and thought it would be a good idea to check in early as I'd have to spend more time making sure everything fits, and looks good. Surprisingly, there were still people just walking up, and getting dining reservations ...I thought things like this had to be BOOKED in advance as I've learned from other special dine in events. Anyway! We go to the podium and I ask the very nice young lady if I could come in earlier as I had to change into costume....embarrassingly. She set the tone and was SUPER excited and said PLEASE GO...so I went to the bathroom area, and DH immediately spies 50's Prime Time Cafe and said I'd rather do this...NOT NOW KEV so we go into the bathroom to change.

If I could only explain to you the type of reactions and looks I got changing...I felt SUPER dorky but then some guys would come in and hi five me ...so it was mixed, you don't often get hi fives in the bathroom...do you? SO we start changing, and as the costume is coming together I start to feel a bit more confident in it...it looks good, it looks JUST like I imagined it would be. Then the kids starting to come in asking why I was dressed like a Jedi...I waved my hand and said you do not see me in this jedi costume...YES I DO...ok kid cause I'm a loser, happy!! lol

So we walk outside, yes outside, because you can't go inside the restaurant and people were saying how AWESOME we looked...man did the lump in my throat go away, even DH was starting to get into the moment it felt so awesome that the moment I anticipated (and dreded) the most was going so good. People were taking pictures OF and WITH us. I can't believe how good sometimes people can make you feel about the oddest decisions you make, and my DH who's usually a grumpy dwarf supported me and made me feel like it was awesome...this is truly where dreams come true

Characters
I could have chosen the Galactic Breakfast and got the real deal characters...but why? I LOVE Disney I LOVE Star Wars and I LOVE Mickey...the three together? You can't beat that! Plus, it's nice to go in and have a diner as well! The character interaction was....AWESOME....I've had oh geeze PLENTY of character interactions and the level of attention, and playfulness these characters were showing to TWO grown men I wanted to tip them if I could have...rave reviews for them.

Mickey
THIS IS THE PHOTO I WANTED
Mickey was the Photopass Photo unlike Chip and Dale last year, and oh man he made this meal worth it. He spent plenty of time with us showing me how to force push and looking at my lightsaber, let me tell you this was an awesome photo and it's going to be on my desk or wall for the rest of my life, you honestly can't beat this. He's in his Jedi costume - and he looked great with us. Truly the highlight of my diner!

Donald
Since I had the blue light saber he wanted NOTHING to do with me he put his hands in my face for multiple photos, pretended like he didn't want to talk to me, and was always siding with DH cause he had the red saber. Who would notice these details? That was amazing, and at the end he hugged me, and we agreed to an alliance...for now!

Goofy

The kids LOVED goofy s chest and keep pressing his buttons as he was DARTH GOOFY. Goofy was awesome taking tons of photos with us, and giving us the thumbs up...he came back multiple times and took photos, people were taking photos OF US too...it was quite cool!

Minnie

Minnie as always was kind and curtious and gave me many kisses, as I told her Minnie can you believe i got engaged to a SITH...she kept holding my hand rubbing my ring and gave me MANY kisses and hugs - I honestly felt so good, it's moments like this that make Disney....Disney the good feelings you get.

Chip and Dale
They were awesome too nothing too special about them, but they were playful and seemed to be very in character

I WAS BEYOND SATISFIED with the great character interactions I received, worth the meal.

The Food and Waitress

Honestly...the food was just "ok" which is a shame, because if the buffet offered more options it would have been a home run this meal. I didn't find anything on the buffet line too great, or even stand out. The BBQ Meat Balls were nice, but otherwise it was just standard fare buffet. I wish I could write more, but I can't...nothing to me was standout. I certainly left full, but I did on chicken fingers, and the corn dog nuggets in the kids buffet line as I wasn't too into anything they offered.

My waitress was great she came EVERY TIME a new character came to take my photos, Grade A service...she was certainly a charm too. I think she might have worked in 50's prime time, because she played the role there...here and it was excellent!

The deserts were again ..."ok" I didn't find anything to rave about. The cupcakes, and chocolate covered strawberries were nice. The Blue Ice Cream...COULD HAVE been outstanding, but it just didn't taste too good.

OVERALL: If you think your going to get an outstanding meal....you're not...if you think your going to have an ok meal with fantastic character interactions GO FOR IT! However, know it comes with a price with TIP it came to 155 dollars...OUCH.

PS Get the Fantasmic seating, when we were at the park in the end going there they announced standing room only....not for us though PERFECT PERFECT front and center seating.

Any questions ask!

Last edited:
Looks like great fun. We may have to do Star Wars weekends sometime as my kids are huge fans. They've been Luke & Leia the last two Halloweens.

Thanks so much, LOVE the photos and review! Some year maybe I'll attempt a Star Wars weekend, if I can deal with the heat in May and June.

Your family looks amazing :) I love happy families together - did you guys enjoy SWW??
Thank you! We didn't make it to SWW yet. I go a little overboard on 'themes' for disney visits and this was our HS day last Fall with everyone in shirt from a favorite movie. My oldest DD and I had SW shirts :-)
If not next spring, hopefully the year after for SWW visit!

Your Jedi costumes are fantastic!

Really cool photos, thanks! I have ADR for this when I am down to WDW in two weeks. Didn't think about costumes since I hear they're not allowed for adults. Yours look fabulous. Thanks for the character interaction review. I figured that's what I am paying for more than the meal. Not sure if I got Fantasmic! seating with it? I'll find out when I go. Then I can post my pics and thoughts.

PLEASE post your photos when you come back!

Also I had to call the dining line and talk to three supervisors before I was given the OK that I could wear the costume in the restaurant just not in the park unless it was SWW

Okay, I'll post my photos, but I have to admit: Your first photo is pretty sweet and I don't think anyone can do better that. Just sayin'.

I love your reviews! Always so full of enthusiasm-reminds us adults we can be kids at heart at Disney!
Did you get to Rebel Hangar at all?
We ended up with a couple RH reservations and a Galactic Breakfast-couldn't get the Jedi Mickey dinner for a time that worked for us-and we couldn't top that picture of you guys with Mickey anyway:P

Reading everyone's Star Wars reviews is getting me through these last, painfully sloooowww days...

I love your reviews! Always so full of enthusiasm-reminds us adults we can be kids at heart at Disney!
Did you get to Rebel Hangar at all?
We ended up with a couple RH reservations and a Galactic Breakfast-couldn't get the Jedi Mickey dinner for a time that worked for us-and we couldn't top that picture of you guys with Mickey anyway:P

Reading everyone's Star Wars reviews is getting me through these last, painfully sloooowww days...

You are THE best thank you so much for your kind words

Love love love your pics, descriptions, and enthusiasm. Went searching for threads with info on this dining experience because I'm considering booking it for next year and am quite pleased to have stumbled upon this one. Was laughing out loud at your description of getting costumed up - you guys look amazing! Just a couple of questions: 1. What time was your reservation? 2. Can you confirm that the characters do not sign autographs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter