Jeb Bush's son arrested.....

Minnie824 said:
I didn't read this whole post, but my question is, he's at a good age, if his family is so supportive of the war...why isn't he in Iraq??

Because, he is an adult and can make his own decisions. Are you saying that everyone who supports the war if they are of an age to be in the military should join?

A little more info. He appraoched a police officer and inquired about a friend who had been arrested earlier that evening. The police officer asked if he had been drinking, and a scuffle between them ensued.

Anne

ducklite said:
BTW--that story doesn't say so, but it's been all over the news here, his BAC was .01. So he wasn't blasted drunk, and he wasn't driving. In all honesty, my guess is that if he had been Joe Average College Kid, he would have been sent on his way.

Anne

Ok, you cannot seriously mean .01 can you? That is like a third of a beer. :rotfl: Maybe it was .10? .08 is the amount that will get you a DUI, for someone of my size (115 lbs), that would be 1-1/2 beers in an hour.

ducklite said:
A little more info. He appraoched a police officer and inquired about a friend who had been arrested earlier that evening. The police officer asked if he had been drinking, and a scuffle between them ensued.

Anne

You don't "scuffle" with a police officer. That's assault.

momof2inPA said:
You don't "scuffle" with a police officer. That's assault.

That's soemthing that makes me angry. A cop can grab me and throw me to the ground while I'm sitting on a park bench minding my own business, and get maybe a reprimand from their CO. If I were to do that to a cop, I'd be in jail. Something's wrong with this picture.

At any rate, I'm not sure who started it. I've run into some cops with chips on their shoulders looking to pick a fight with anyone that got near them. I've also met some great laid back cops who are there to do their job, and are able to find humour in various situations.

Anne

saucymb said:
Because, he is an adult and can make his own decisions. Are you saying that everyone who supports the war if they are of an age to be in the military should join?

Is that the clucking of chickenhawks I hear?

ducklite said:
Well, here in FL, two beers in one hour is legally drunk if I'm not mistaken.

0.08%

For some it could equate to that formula---for a 6 foot tall man, it may not. (not Bush's son discussed in the OP)

Aidensmom said:
Ok, you cannot seriously mean .01 can you? That is like a third of a beer. :rotfl: Maybe it was .10? .08 is the amount that will get you a DUI, for someone of my size (115 lbs), that would be 1-1/2 beers in an hour.

OK, so I guess my math was a bit off. .10 is what I should have said.

Anne

ducklite said:
That's soemthing that makes me angry. A cop can grab me and throw me to the ground while I'm sitting on a park bench minding my own business, and get maybe a reprimand from their CO. If I were to do that to a cop, I'd be in jail. Something's wrong with this picture.

At any rate, I'm not sure who started it. I've run into some cops with chips on their shoulders looking to pick a fight with anyone that got near them. I've also met some great laid back cops who are there to do their job, and are able to find humour in various situations.

Anne
Anne, I agree. Things are never "equal". I remember driving almost 3 miles down a local road, only to get to the very end and encounter a cop who was doing traffic duty. He said, "this road is closed to thru traffic". (I had another 100 ft to go). That's fine, I had no problem turning around and finding another route, but I did suggest to him that perhaps they could place a sign at the beginning of the road to minimize unnecessary trips DOWN the road. He screamed at me, told me to get back in the car and THAT HE WAS IN CHARGE of traffic, not me. Now, if I spoke to him like that.....?

Minnie824 said:
I didn't read this whole post, but my question is, he's at a good age, if his family is so supportive of the war...why isn't he in Iraq??
Because just because his uncle is supportive of the war doesn't mean that he is and it is a volunteer, not a drafted, military right now, which means everyone who is in the military is there by choice. Last I checked, there was no law that said everyone in a family had to have the same beliefs, but maybe that has changed recently. Has it????

What does this particular question have to do with the young man's problem other than to bring up yet another way to bash the President? Oh wait...it really doesn't have anything to do with the young man's problem and is just another bashing of the President. What a clever post on your part. :rolleyes:

Disney Doll said:
Because just because his uncle is supportive of the war doesn't mean that he is and it is a volunteer, not a drafted, military right now, which means everyone who is in the military is there by choice. Last I checked, there was no law that said everyone in a family had to have the same beliefs, but maybe that has changed recently. Has it????

What does this particular question have to do with the young man's problem other than to bring up yet another way to bash the President? Oh wait...it really doesn't have anything to do with the young man's problem and is just another bashing of the President. What a clever post on your part. :rolleyes:

I was wondering about that myself...just because my uncle believes something it doesn't mean I have to commit myself to that same belief. Which is good since I'm not altogether sure I agree with my uncles on anything dispite the fact I love them all.

Simple question..why is this a post??? What does this have to do with WDW?
Just because Jeb is running a muck in Fla, dosen't mean politics has to intertwine with WDW.

dutchess 1968 said:
Simple question..why is this a post??? What does this have to do with WDW?
Just because Jeb is running a muck in Fla, dosen't mean politics has to intertwine with WDW.
Because this is the community board and the threads here are 'just for fun', they don't have to be about WDW. Actually, if you look, you will notice that most of them have nothing to do with WDW.

Join in and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter