Jeans

Donald'sGirl

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this is the right place but I will ask anyway just in case it is :)

My son is 12 and is very skinny but very tall for his age and because of that we have a really hard time find jeans and pants for him to fit. We were buying Osh Kosh 12 slim but now he needs the 14 slim and they stopped making sizes above 14 which just happens to coincide with when my son is now into that size :headache:

Can anyone recommend where I can get slim size 14 jeans for a decent price? Money is tight right now trying to pay for my wedding and Christmas but his pants are way too short so have to get some.

Thanks!

The Children's Place (they have the ones with the adjuster in the waist so you can get him a larger size that will be longer in the legs and can adjust the waist to fit him correctly)

I've also heard Sears carries good quality jeans in various sizes at a good price.

In stores, watch the Gap sale section. They get returns of slims (as they are sold at Gap online, but rarely go on great sale...) sometimes and sell them CHEAP, I guess just to move them out of the store

On-line, watch Lands End outlet - they have tons of slims up to size 20 (w/ the adjustable tabs...) My son is tall and slim too - age 10 wearing 16 slims, for the length) so I'm always on the hunt.

If you have a Vanity Fair outlet near you check it out. I was able to buy dear nephew 2 pair of 14 slim last month. The brand was Lee. They had some all the way to 18 slim.

I have good luck with Gap jeans for my boys who also need slim sizes. The "original fit" start at $19.50 and right now they have 25% off regular price merchandise online. If you spend $50 you get free shipping. It's not as great as the $10 Osh Kosh jeans I can usually get at the outlet, but if they don't go up to the size you need it may be an option.

I've tried the Childrens Place pants and they don't work for my kids. Even though they have the adjustable waist they seem to be wider - from the waist, through the hips and legs - and look too big even if I cinch in the waist.

JC Penny sells Levis and at that size you buy by the numbers (24 waist x 32 length for instance) so can customize perfectly for the tall lanky types. Once you figure out what size to start with, its easy as they grow, just bump up which ever number is needed.

Another super affordable option is Walmart Faded Glory brand slims. They carry several styles (bootcut, carpenter, baggy, straight) all in slims. The tags will just be marked 12S instead of 12 or 12H (husky). The FG brand ranges from $8 - $14 per pair, so when we need to buy in bulk we tend to start there.

I also am voting for Gap Original fit jeans. Gap jeans seem to be cut a bit slimmer and a bit taller than other brands. DS (10) is in a 16, and he is a little too big for slim, but not quite big enough for regular - these have been the best bets!

I've also found that once you get out of the Sz 10-12 range boys clthing takes a BIG jump in price. I have had a hard time finding good deals on clothes - especially since my DS outgrows everything so quickly!

My son likes Gap, Old Navy and The Children's Place for his jeans, they all have adjustable waists.

Believe it or not Walmart has the Wrangler line and they've updated their look. My super skinny 14yo (swimmer) wears them. Look into a slim line of adult jeans...30x30 or 29x90 etc depending on his height.

Children's Place right now has some of their jeans on sale for $10, and you can get an additional 15% off with code HHH9 (I've also seen HHHA9 I think) and then you can get 3% back from Ebates if you have an account. $5 shipping flat rate, so depending on how many you order depends on whether it's worth it to order vs going to the store.

Children's Place or Gap, my son is tall & skinny too. We LOVE the adjustable waist!!!!! They are always having sales & Gap has that extra 25% off with code GIFT123(I think that's it:confused3) and free shipping right now. I just placed an order yesterday for DH's jeans he likes.:thumbsup2 The Gap slims are usually a great fit!!

I would suggest Aeropostale. They are usually having a sale and a good clearance section and a size 28x30 or 32 would probably work great for your DS. Plus the ego boost of wearing "man" size jeans... ;) I know this works well since I have DS19 who is 6'2" and weighs about 125. Right now, he wears a 29x32 or 34, depending on the cut. You might also want to check out American Eagle. I've bought DS some great jeans there for $14.99 and $19.99, plus I use the AE rewards card and get my 40% off in the mail each quarter.... works well to hit the sales and the clearance sections! Right now, I'm just waiting on Black Friday to use the 40% off!

My sons are the same. One is in an 8 and the other a 5but the Children's Place don't work for him anymore. We do great in Gap and Old Navy. Mainly have to get them online but they both work great and also have the adjustable waist because we still have to tighten them.

I've tried the Childrens Place pants and they don't work for my kids. Even though they have the adjustable waist they seem to be wider - from the waist, through the hips and legs - and look too big even if I cinch in the waist.
So true!!!!
I've also found that once you get out of the Sz 10-12 range boys clthing takes a BIG jump in price. I have had a hard time finding good deals on clothes - especially since my DS outgrows everything so quickly!

Also true! I used to be able to find tons of great jeans on sale, CHEAP, but now it takes alot more time and they are never quite as cheap. And that's why I dont by Levis -even if you find them on sale the waist isn't adjustable and as tall as my son is, he grows up THEN out. So before we need to move up to taller pants he needs the waist to be let out a bit - so :love::cloud9: the tabbies - we'd spend twice as much w/out them.

Good luck, OP and thanks for the codes others.:thumbsup2

I would suggest Aeropostale. They are usually having a sale and a good clearance section and a size 28x30 or 32 would probably work great for your DS. Plus the ego boost of wearing "man" size jeans... ;) I know this works well since I have DS19 who is 6'2" and weighs about 125. Right now, he wears a 29x32 or 34, depending on the cut. You might also want to check out American Eagle. I've bought DS some great jeans there for $14.99 and $19.99, plus I use the AE rewards card and get my 40% off in the mail each quarter.... works well to hit the sales and the clearance sections! Right now, I'm just waiting on Black Friday to use the 40% off!

I was going to suggest the same sort of thing. I don't know boys, but my dd12 switched to the junior's 00 at about that size. PacSun also has some decent jeans for decent prices. You may still be able to get a 15% off coupon for joining their website, and their girls jeans run 2/$55.

Another thought, see if you have a Plato's Closet by you. They are a reseller of teens to young 20s clothing. We got some name brand jeans for $15.

We get Gap and Childrens Place for my son. They both fit him well with the adjustable waist and they quality is great! The jeans have all lasted until they are too short for him, and my ds is exceptionally hard on jeans!

We buy all of our jeans at Kohls. Union Bay and Urban pipline and Lee brands are the ones my son seems to favor. They are adjustable waist and all come in slims. Bought him 6 pair last week and didn't pay more than $11.00 for any of them

WOW Thank you so much everyone for you imput and discount codes!! :goodvibes:banana: You have been a tremdous help! I am going to go check out some of the stores and see how they go.

Not sure if this is the right place but I will ask anyway just in case it is :)

My son is 12 and is very skinny but very tall for his age and because of that we have a really hard time find jeans and pants for him to fit. We were buying Osh Kosh 12 slim but now he needs the 14 slim and they stopped making sizes above 14 which just happens to coincide with when my son is now into that size :headache:

Can anyone recommend where I can get slim size 14 jeans for a decent price? Money is tight right now trying to pay for my wedding and Christmas but his pants are way too short so have to get some.

Thanks!
I have heard that Old Navy will be selling kids jeans for $10 on Black Friday, same sale they had going in the summer for back to school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter