• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jeans for skinny guys?

blondietink

DIS Veteran
My DS is super skinny and needs a size 28 waist 32 inseam jeans. He can still wear a boys size 20 slim, but can't find them anymore, either. Do you think I can find them anywhere? NO! I have tried all the mall stores, online stores and outlet stores. People look at me like I am crazy, until they see my DS in person and see how tall and thin he is. if he actually wore him at his waist instead of his hips, he could use a 34 inch inseam, whichh would be even harder to find, if not impossible.

I did manage to find a couple of Wrangler jeans at the Vanity Fair outlet, but nothing else. Don't they make clothes for skinny guys any more? It seems most everything is in Husky sizes these days. I thought maybe Lands' End would have them, but they don't either. JC Penney, American Eagle, Abercrombie, Aeropostale, Old Navy, Gap .... nothing!

HELP! He has got to have more than just 2 pair of jeans.

I too have experience in these sizes for my brother-in-law (he is 20 years younger than me, if you were wondering why I used to buy his pants).

LandsEnd used to carry 20 slim in uniform pants which were decent pants for khakis and church pants in darker colors.

The Buckle is a store I had very good success with online, the jeans can be a bit pricey but it was much easier than driving all over town.

Here is a link to the clothes sorted with 28 waist and 34 inseam:

http://www.buckle.com/product/product.jsp?Ns=P_ProductPrice|0&N=23+993+42+2311&NUM=24

If not the Buckle for jeans we had to go to places that carried Western Wear. I could sometimes buy him jeans at Farm & Fleet. Other times I went to western specialty stores...I am told long and skinny is not uncommon in the rodeo circuit. Not really certain as I am a city girl.

Good Luck

My DS is the same way. He doesn't like the slim pants, but I have had luck finding boys 20 at old navy online and in the sears brick and mortar store. I am very thankful for the "adjusted waists" they have in the boys pants today. It really is amazing that I can order the same exact waist and length from the men section for twice as much money. Good Luck

I had the same problem with my son. The American Eagle jeans run a little big at 28x32, but we ordered from Aeropostale online and the fit was perfect.

I'll second that American Eagle has them but most likely only on-line. They just had a HUGE sale on jeans (not sure if it's still going on). Another trick is to get the "skinny" jeans. They look regular on my son but get to be too short faster than regular ones since the ankles are narrower.

Have your son get used to a belt - mine has a few favorites.

My DS is super skinny and needs a size 28 waist 32 inseam jeans. He can still wear a boys size 20 slim, but can't find them anymore, either. Do you think I can find them anywhere? NO! I have tried all the mall stores, online stores and outlet stores. People look at me like I am crazy, until they see my DS in person and see how tall and thin he is. if he actually wore him at his waist instead of his hips, he could use a 34 inch inseam, whichh would be even harder to find, if not impossible.

I did manage to find a couple of Wrangler jeans at the Vanity Fair outlet, but nothing else. Don't they make clothes for skinny guys any more? It seems most everything is in Husky sizes these days. I thought maybe Lands' End would have them, but they don't either. JC Penney, American Eagle, Abercrombie, Aeropostale, Old Navy, Gap .... nothing!

HELP! He has got to have more than just 2 pair of jeans.

I saw skinny jeans on sale in this weeks Target paper. It's on page 9. They are Levi's 216 Skinny.

Try gap.com. You can enter in the waist and length you need and it will find jeans for you.

I was just in Old Navy yesterday and they have new jeans that they were advertising as "skinny". I know all of their men's stuff comes in a 28 waist. Good luck!:thumbsup2

I'm hear you on this. My DH is a size 29 X 34. I cannot find pants in stores at all anymore. I used to be able to get Levi's at Kohls and JC Penny's but they don't carry them in the stores anymore as it is not a popular size. So, I have to order all his jeans/pants online.

I wish you guys lived on the east cost near a Gabriel Brother's!
It is a fairly large chain - they sell factory seconds and over runs.
I am a Pooh sized guy and every time I run across a pair of size 28 pants, OF ANY LENGTH I grumble to myself 'Must be nice!' HAHA :lmao:

I didn't know men came that small! :lmao:

I'm just kidding - one of my best friends from high school could literally hide behind a power pole.. I'm not joking!

But if you Google Gabriel Brothers, you can see if there is a store near you - they usually have really small sizes - they have a good selection of women's sizes as well - often times from the Avenue and Lane Bryant and other top name Womens clothing stores.

My family has shopped at Gabriel Brothers since the first store opened! We've saved a TON of money over the years!

DH wears 29X34 or 30X34. Levi's online (he wears the 514's), jcpenny online (they have the Levi's on sale from time to time). Or try a Boot Barn or other western wear store..the Wranglers generally fit well.

I did find them at Walmart once, but I think those had been ordered online and returned...but you might try.

Levi skinny jeans!! I believe they are Levi 511.

I just got a pair for my son and he is the same - 28x32.

I guess this is too "cowboy" for some folks but Wranglers come in that size. When I met my DH he wore 30X36 (tennis shoes) and 30X38 (boots). Wal-mart carries these. It's the 13MWZ Original cowboy cut and also in slim, too.

I'm hear you on this. My DH is a size 29 X 34. I cannot find pants in stores at all anymore. I used to be able to get Levi's at Kohls and JC Penny's but they don't carry them in the stores anymore as it is not a popular size. So, I have to order all his jeans/pants online.

This is my 12 yo sons exact size....I am not happy about it either! I did finally find one pair at JCPenney and I still have to take in the waist (I guess he's really 28 x 34 but no way could I find that!) YOu order thru Penneys? Guess I'll have to do that.... (And he HATES "skinny jeans", and I'm glad in theory, as I hate them too, but they might be easier to find! lol) Good luck to all and thanks for the American Eagle tip above!

I feel your pain! DS wears a 26x30 and doesn't like the idea of me shopping in the boys' section:confused:. I have only had good luck at American Eagle. Even here in Nebraska, he chooses to wear shorts year-round, though, so I don't buy many pairs of pants! :rotfl: (And then I have to buy 28s or M's because he insists they be longer than his knees:rolleyes:. Kids!)

ETA--DS's friend is even smaller than he is. He actually buys girls' jeans (he likes skinny jeans--to fit skinny, and they don't have those in the boys'/men's departments).

I think we need Max Echols on here to tell us where he gets his jeans. :lmao: The podcast team always jokes about him wearing 'girl pants'. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter