• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

jeans for dd12

wife5080

Earning My Ears
Does any one have suggestions on where I can get non-lowrise jeans (why someone thought lowrise jeans on little girls looks nice is beyond me :confused: ) for my dd12? She likes Old Navy Girlfriend stretch jeans but they don't seem to last very long.

How about Gap? Does she wear childrens or adult sizes? Actually, my dd12 looks great in low rise (not ultra, which I won't let her wear), but she's slender and curvy (and 5'3").

Lands' End jeans are probably not low rise. Lands' End does little girl style clothes up about size 16.

Does she still wear children's sizes? If she does then I don't know- my DD12 is 5'5" so it's been a while since I looked at childrens.

If she is in adult sizes, maybe try Gap, Lands End, or Levi. Actually I hate buying jeans right now, for myself, as everything seems to be somewhat low- even the mature brands.

My DD12 likes American Eagle- they are low rise but not as low as say Hollister. She also likes some styles at Abercrombie. Hollister seems to be the only place that all jean styles are actually too low for my DD. My DD likes low rise though and wouldn't classify herself as a "little girl" and really- I wouldn't either.

My DD12 who will be 13 in Feb. is tall for her age. She is 5'6-7 and weighs around 130. She hates those new funky cut jeans, too, she wears womens sizes. She like the Riders eased fit straight legged jeans. I like them too but I have to wear petite length as I am only 5ft. Riders makes three lengths and two or three different cuts. I do know that Riders makes girls jeans too and they are only $16-20 a pair which I think is reasonable and they last. I have jeans 3 years old that are just now starting to fray at the leg hems.

Does any one have suggestions on where I can get non-lowrise jeans (why someone thought lowrise jeans on little girls looks nice is beyond me :confused: ) for my dd12? She likes Old Navy Girlfriend stretch jeans but they don't seem to last very long.

Those are my DD's favorites also, but when she had a recent growth spurt, we ended up buying several new pairs at JC Penney. She can wear the 14 or 14slim.

In some styles, she can even still wear her old 12s, as long as it's with boots so you don't see the hem is 2" above her ankle. :lmao:

GAP's long and lean jeans sit at your natural waist, they make them for GAP kids and GAP adult so she should be able to find a pair in either store. HTH

Limited Too offers a variety of styles. There's "Simply Low" "Ultra Low" (not that low... :laughing: ) and some other styles. Their website is down at the moment, so I can't look it up, but I know there's a style that hits at the waist.

Buying jeans for my DD is a nightmare! She's 5'6 and wears a size 3 (she's all legs!)!!! She's very modest too so she loathes the low rise cuts. I'm glad I ran across this thread. Thanks ladies!

My DD is going to be 5 next Sunday and I have a hard time finding regular waisted jeans for her too. JCPenny's brand is low fitting, it's absolutely DISGUSTING. They're trying to make our girls look like models, it's so sad.

Try Delia's. They do have mall stores and a website.

My 16dd is 5'2", maybe 85#'s and wears either a 00 or a 0. Target, Kohl's and most dept. stores we avoid simply because we know they will not have her size. Delia's has a great return policy as well.

Amy

When I mentioned I hated low rise for little girls I meant little girls, not my dd12 (although both she and I hate them). I work at an elementary school and during tornado drills it is sad to see K-5 girls covering their head with one hand and trying to keep their pants from showing too much crack with the other.

My DD11 (5ft3in) found some great jeans at Express this year. I think they were the "Mia" line - not low at all, but not Mom jeans either. A little on the expensive side ($50) but they have lasted since Sept, and still look great (so far). Isn't it sad when its hard to find jeans already??? I don't remember having this problem until my 20's! A long time ago, I know.:rotfl:

My DD12 likes American Eagle- they are low rise but not as low as say Hollister. She also likes some styles at Abercrombie. Hollister seems to be the only place that all jean styles are actually too low for my DD. My DD likes low rise though and wouldn't classify herself as a "little girl" and really- I wouldn't either.

My dd11 just discovered Pac Sun. They have fun jeans and are 2/$55. She also likes Abercrombie (I don't like the $$ :eek: , but they're ok on sale), but the 14slims are getting short, but are still too big around the waist. The 00s seem to fit right now.

I buy jeans from JCPenney for my girls and they are not low rise. My girls refuse to wear low rise jeans and we can often find the Arizona brand jeans for cheap. Target currently has some jeans on clearance at 50 to 75% off as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter