• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

jeans at dinner?

bailey0308

Mouseketeer
I know they changed the rules for the dinning rooms that you are allowed to wear jeans.

has anyone seen many people wearing them? :wave2:

bailey...........

Yes, I have seen people wear jeans. There are people on these boards who go bananas over "dress code". It is your vacation too..........wear whatever you want.

We don't, but I don't care if you do!

Frank

Frank and Lola said:
bailey...........

Yes, I have seen people wear jeans. There are people on these boards who go bananas over "dress code". It is your vacation too..........wear whatever you want.

We don't, but I don't care if you do!

Missy

Totally agree with Missy. I have seen many wear jeans. It is your vacation. Enjoy!

On one of our casual dress nights when we ate in Parrot Cay, my DH and DS both wore nice jeans with their polo shirts. It was a break from the dress pants and khakis that they wore the rest of the time. It was fine and they looked very handsome.

Yes we saw sneakers with jeans on others and both my DH and DS wore nice sneakers on the night they wore their jeans. I think as long as you dress in the spirit of the dress code and are clean and presentable no one looks twice.

I'm fortunate enough to have been on numerous cruises. My first Disney cruise is imminent. Considering the inflated price as compared to Celebrity, Cunard, Princess, RCCL, et al.....jeans AND sneakers in the dining room...... i'm confident my first Disney Cruise will be my last.

Just got back from the Oct. 2 Wonder and Yes, lots of people wore jeans. It seemed like some people were dressed up and others in jeans, tennis shoes or whatever. IMO, the dress code was kind of confusing. We ate at Tritons on Night 1 and dressed a bit dressier than we did one night 2 at AP which happened to be Dressy Night, but we somehow missed that, but it was on the Navigator... It almost seemed like no one really followed it to the "T", or at least we didn't. We were dressed nice but more on the casual side every night, except when we had dinner at Palo and we dressed up for that and the kids ate in Oceaneers or before.

Side note, we had Brunch at Palo and several people were in shorts and tennis shoes. We asked our waiter and he said that they won't turn you away at brunch, but for dinner they won't let you in in shorts or jeans. We liked dinner better than brunch if someone is deciding betwen them.

Stefanie

Par8hed said:
I'm fortunate enough to have been on numerous cruises. My first Disney cruise is imminent. Considering the inflated price as compared to Celebrity, Cunard, Princess, RCCL, et al.....jeans AND sneakers in the dining room...... i'm confident my first Disney Cruise will be my last.

Wow, i am really sorry you feel that way, BUT you also had a choice of choosing another CRUISE LINE :(

Par8hed said:

the jeans AND sneakers puts you over the edge? Live and let live.... some people can barely scrape the money together to pay for the cruise... adding formal dress clothes or even "casual dress clothes" may not be an option or part of their wardrobe to begin with. Perhaps they work at a restaurant, wear a uniform, who knows....

No matter how anyone else dresses, my dream vacation will not be ruined nor will it stop me from dreaming up a new vacation. Sorry, bring the flames on... but we should NOT sit in judgement of others. Just my humble opinion.... :grouphug:

Par8hed said:

My aren't we superior. As I pointed out, the night my DH and DS wore jeans and yes, horror of horror, sneakers was on one of the casual evenings and we were dining in Parrot Cay which has a tropical, casual decor. I am fairly sure that the sight of my family in nice, dark jeans, polo shirts and clean white sneakers didn't cause anyone to lose their appetite.

Par8hed, DCL doesn't charge those inflated prices because it's a 'high society' cruise, they charge those prices for service, theme and, really, because THEY CAN.

bailey0308 said:
I know they changed the rules for the dinning rooms that you are allowed to wear jeans.

has anyone seen many people wearing them? :wave2:

Yes, people do wear jeans for dinner. It is great. The food/service are still the same whether you wear jeans or not. Hubby and I will definately not be overpacking dinner clothing every again. We are going casual all the way. He doesn't even need a suit for Palo anymore..it is excellent.

SweetSpot said:
Anyone notice if sneakers are being worn with the jeans?

Haven't seen sneakers with the jeans..usually a comfortable casual type shoe or nice sandal.

Par8hed said:

Ugh, I wouldn't take a disney cruise if I were you.

Par8hed said:

You might be surprised, and LOVE DCL. :earsgirl:

who cares what people wear!! I was having to much fun with my family to notice who wore what!! :confused3

My aren't we superior. As I pointed out, the night my DH and DS wore jeans and yes, horror of horror, sneakers was on one of the casual evenings and we were dining in Parrot Cay which has a tropical, casual decor. I am fairly sure that the sight of my family in nice, dark jeans, polo shirts and clean white sneakers didn't cause anyone to lose their appetite.

Thanks so much for that info. I was really starting to feel a little conscious about this. We are a pretty casual family, (4 kids makes it tough to dress up every night for family dinner at home---a tad of sarcasm there) and are one of the ones that cannot go and buy a new wardrobe for all 6 of us just to cruise. We will probably do very similiar to what your family did! :goodvibes

Just my two cents worth -- as I just cruised DCL #6 last month, I can tell you that I am not aware of, nor do I pay attention, to what people wear to dinner. By the time you find your table, interact with your servers and tablemates, read the menu, work your way through the courses, and enjoy the uniqueness of the restaurant, I am not looking around to see what people are wearing. Besides, if someone is wearing shorts, jeans, sneakers, etc., he/she/they are sitting down and it's not noticable. As my DH says, one's attire will not ruin his dinner. It's not important to us.

Jan

Par8hed said:

You are kidding I am certain. To be a self proclaimed PH and have an attitude about attire, I am certain you are just looking for the controversy!

Remember........changes in lattitude cause changes in attitude! :rolleyes1

You should have seen what our cruise did for our marriage!

Frank and Lola (just returned from our second honeymoon!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter