Jay and Tracie's Wishes Wedding PJ 01/06/12...3-12..TR, Disney Day 2, pt 2

Sounds like an awesome group of friends you have! I have to admit I have never seen a blue Long Island! lol and I love the Marvel finger nubs, those are awesome!

I think the bartender made it blue cause they told him it was my party. I dont think it was the blue curacoa that made me sick..it was prolly a mixture of the tequila shot and the 151 from the rum runner. Those nubs were funny...though I think I threw mine out somewhere..lol

Hahah, oh my goodness--Your Bach party looked like so much fun! That's awesome your guys surprised you with a trip to Disney. All the drinks look delicious. Also...love that you were all different Marvel characters. OH and that lobster game down at the BoardWalk also played a role in my wedding day. :lmao: There's no escaping that thing!

Can't wait to read more!!!!!

It was fun!!! We actually have a storybook of the fun times our marvel characters had on our wedding day..lol...yull have to wait for that..mainly cause we are waiting for our pics from D and V...That stupid lobster game...I hit mine and it went flyin completely over the pans and hit the wall...no one got any in..oh well.

That sounds like quite possibly the best bachelor party of all time.

It was the best bachelor party of all time!

Jay,

Looks like you had a fabulous bachelor party. Your friends did a great job!

Can't wait to see the rest.

Thanks, Ill relay the message!

Im waiting for Trace to have some time to write up a bit bout her bachelorette party. Apparently, being in your last semester of graduate school makes you not have a lot of free time..lol. Till then Ill post a preview pic...:banana::banana::rolleyes1
Trace and her sister(MOH)
bparty-1.jpg

Little rant!!
Today we went to do a couple administrative things and what a fun day we had!!!..lol..more like a meh day
First stop was the post office to drop off some packages. That we really had no problem with. Except they wanted like 60 something dollars to ship a large flat rate box to Fl. of course that was like next day insurance all that stuff...didnt want any of that..got down to $15..thats better.
Needed an oil change and there was a place by the post office that we had a coupon for a $15.95 oil change w/free tire rotation. Trace dopped the car off there and like usual the car people come back with reports of this needs to be fixed and that needs to be replaced. They gave us estimates of $495 for 2 brake pads and rotors, $260 for 2 tires, and $135 for 2 air filters. They were like I dont think you will make it to your next oil change and you are at or below inspection level for registration. Im sorry but not only do I not have that money..I wouldnt pay that much for it, $240 in labor costs alone..nope.
So we said well think about it and make an appointment..lol...next stop was over to the SS office for Trace to get a name change their. Now except for the wait..was only really like 40 min..this was the easiest place we went to all day. Got in, took a number, gave them the required paperwork, and were outa there....
Off to the DMV...oh boy now heres the fun!!!
OK so first trip there, we learned that she needed her passport, even though she had a bunch of other paperwork with her. So we got back in the car and came back home to get her passport(her bc is still home in FL). Luckily we live like 5 min away from the DMV so it wasnt that bad of a trip to and fro...soooo 2nd time we walk in and said we have the passport, Fl liscence, marriage liscence, and proof of residency...this is the kicker in pt. 2 people...and he says great heres your number have a seat. Well we sit doen and bout 30 sec later our number was called. Thats the fastest thats ever occured to me at a DMV. we get up to the counter and we state that we are there for a new VA liscence since she got married. So the clerk starts asking us for our paperwork and documents. So we give her the stuff and lastly she asks about the proof of residency. OK, so Trace pulls out a piece of mail that was a federal loan bill,not opened, with her name and our address, mailed a day or two ago. The clerk says we cant use that. Apparently the only mail eveidence you can use is just utility bills. We dont pay utilities at our apartment, and the only other bill is comcast and thats in my name. She starts goin through a list of acceptable documents..many of which dont apply or wont work in our case...Trace is furious at this point cause we will have to now make a third trip out there,on busy schedules...and the first guy who checked our stuff didnt check the mail we brought to verify that we could use it..although he checked all our other stuff. I guess there is a reason why DMVs get a bad reputation cause the clerk that was there was being a ***** to us as well and they were not very helpfull with us.
So shes goin back on Friday with every piece of document they want and saying here pick whatever you need. People who work there better beware on Friday..lol

Well thats that story..if you read through all that..thanks...it helped me to write it all out..lol..I feel better now.

Trace said shell update stuff soon..so look out for that...she had a blast at her surpise party too..

What a frustrating DMV story! Why on earth would she need her passport? And I would've thought that mail was okay. I didn't have any mail in my name but I brought my husband, the marriage license, and the bill in his name, and the fact that we were legally married was enough to convince them that we now had the same address. Sorry you have to jump through so many hoops :(

Hello everyone it's Tracie! I thought it would be easier to post under Jay's user name since he can post pictures and I'm still technically a "newbie" on the DISBoards. So to update: I completed my Virginia license and voter registration today, but I still have to wait for them to be mailed to me within the week :confused3. We are still waiting on our pictures, which we are expecting any day now. The ceremony DVD should be coming in soon as well. Also, got an email this week that my dress is in the process of being cleaned and preserved within a few weeks so it should be done by March. I plan to report on the dress items later on since I want to continue the TR with my fabulous surprise Bachelorette party!

A little before Christmas, my younger sister (and MOH) Tristan asked me to accompany her to an office holiday/new years party on Dec. 30 that was just the girls in her office. This meant her boyfriend couldn't go with her and she wanted me to go instead. I was definitely interested in going because I never get to see her since I live out of state now, so I said yes. I was also suspicious since she said it was in downtown Palm Beach on Clematis, which is a big night spot for partying, and only girls were attending. But, she quickly told me over the course of the week leading up to the party that she couldn't arrange for the Bachelorette party to happen due to scheduling conflicts. I was bummed out because I was in the middle of helping out Jay's buddies with his party, and I wasn't getting one. :sad1: To top it all off I went to get my pedicure done with by best friend and bridesmaid Daphne who also went along with a similar story - sorry couldn't get our schedules matched up, or it just fell through. Something along those lines I believe was said by all of my bridesmaids AND Jay at one point during that week. It was crazy...my sister kept telling me how she was excited, her office buddies were excited to meet me so at that point I was fooled.

Now to Dec. 30: I had my final dress fitting that morning, and then went back to Jay's to pick up some things for that night. I was expecting to stay at my parent's house that night since my sister's boyfriend was going to pick us up after the "party" and bring us home. Well, the plan was to leave around 8-8:30pm to meet up some people by 9:00pm for some drinks before the party. Tristan also had to pick up a gift card before we went over as well. We actually didn't leave until 9:00pm due to our older Brother and Dad asking us a billion questions about where we were going.... :mad: At that point I was so frustrated that I didn't even want to go. It's amazing that even when your in your twenties they (Dad and Brother) are still so protective. Finally, we leave and one the way my sister is receiving text messages and phone calls who she claims are her coworkers asking her where she is and when she'll be there. She also said the "gift" she was bringing was for her boss since she was in charge of the gift this year. I was skeptical because her boyfriend was watching me in the rear view mirror to make sure I wasn't checking her texts or looking in the bag the whole time. Plus, it seemed odd to have an office party so informal. Although I was skeptical I did believe everyone when they said that there was not going to be a party.

Anyway, we get to downtown Palm Beach and we walk about a block down to Rocco's Taco's. Tristan says she needs to go in and buy a gift card. First, I thought I heard her say to stay up in the front so I stopped walking. Then she is like no come with me. On a Friday night, before New Years, this place was PACKED! So we walked back into the restaurant to the very last table...that was when I saw them. A bunch of my friends squeezed around three tables yelling SURPRISE! First, I was surprised. Success. Then, I immediately thought...okay my fiance, sister, and best friends all lied to me! But, I was extremely happy with not knowing about the details. :goodvibes

After the initial shock and awe...I get handed a tequila shot from the DJ, we have four-five pitchers of Margarita's dropped off on our tables and I was playing with my food more than eating it (mistake). At some point a sombrero was put on my head, and I got yelled at by the manager for walking around with no shoes on my feet. I obviously am leaving out the extreme details to keep some mystery in the evening... :cool1:

After I finished everyone's drinks (yeah, you read that correctly). We started to leave the bar, and I was just ready to change out of the dress and heels. Tristan, Daphne, and I head to the hotel in Daphne's car (she was okay to drive), and the rest of the girls took the hotel shuttle. HOTEL! :rotfl: [When I first got to the bar I was made aware that everything at the bar was taken care of, we had two hotel suites, and I had my clothes and anything else I needed at the hotel. Dang these girls (and Jay) planned it right!]

On the way to the hotel, Tristan is yelling out the window's "WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!!" and I remember saying back "NO, I'M GETTING MARRIED!" oh geez. Then, we get to the hotel room(s) and wait for the other girls to get there. I believe at this point I ate something, and we were getting changed. My sister tried to sit on my lap, which caused us both to fall since I'm about a foot and a half shorter than her...this also caused her to have a huge bruise on her shoulder for the wedding.... LOL. The rest of the night was us girls just hanging out in one of the hotel rooms playing "never have I ever", Bachelorette scratch off tickets, drinking out of ***** Straws, and pranks.

The pranks. Three of us, Jay's younger sister Becca, Stephanie and myself were the only three to stay awake until about 4am. Everyone else went to bed early...due to us getting a noise complaint from our neighbors who we later learned were on their honeymoon (oops) :rolleyes1. So we decided to prank the other room. :angel: We gathered up all the toilet paper and covered the girls sleeping with T.P. and draped it everywhere. Then, Stephanie used their phone to call for a 5am wake up call. They were not too happy about that. We were about to complete some more pranks before we all passed out in our room... probably for the best "nothing good ever happens after 2am anyway". :laughing:

The next morning was fun. I had drawn a cat face on one of the girls. I had writing up and down my arms from the girls. I had also fallen asleep with sunglasses on my face...:confused3. Since our checkout was at 11am we were all up by 10am and ready to go by about 10:30. Daphne, Becca, and myself all went to IHOP for breakfast afterward, and then Daphne dropped us off at Jay's house. So overall it was an awesome evening, and I am so glad that it was a surprise. I am even happier to know that I was surrounded by people who I trust when I am intoxicated because at some points it was crazy. Thank you to everyone who helped! I love you all...especially Daphne and Tristan! :hug: :grouphug:

Pictures:
The girls toasting in the hotel room prior to Rocco's Taco's
IMG_0033.jpg

The "OMG I realize this is a party for me" face...
IMG_0044.jpg

Suprised...post tequila shot.
IMG_0045.jpg

First toast at the party!
IMG_0050.jpg

My sister and I at Rocco's Taco's after a few drinks.
IMG_0070.jpg

The whole group at Rocco's Taco's
IMG_0068.jpg

Sombrero?
IMG_0064.jpg

Sadness because our glasses are empty!
IMG_0062.jpg

The hotel room decor before we all got there later that night.
IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

AHHHHH! I've been waiting to see this part of the report! I'm so happy that you liked it! Keeping it a surprise from you was the hardest thing I've ever done and I felt horrible all week for making you think you weren't getting a party!

Oh and the girls party so much better than the boys!!! :cool1:

So I would like to add that before everything happened me and Becca (Jay's sister) were going to check into our initial hotel when they didnt have my reservation (stupid me never wrote down the confirmation number) and then they wanted to charge me $20 more a night per room. Plus once we got to the supposed "beach front hotel" it turned out to be a dump. Long story short we talk to the manager (who was working in the restaurant and refused to come to the front desk) and we were not happy. She ended up yelling at us because we were talking to loudly to her in the restaurant! :mad:

I was so mad that I got on my iPhone found us a better hotel with a free shuttle to downtown West Palm Beach for cheaper and we ended up with mini suites!!! So much better! It was so stressfull to tell 10 girls that the plans had changed while they were on their way to the original hotel, but it will always be a funny story for me and Becca!

Those poor newlyweds :(

Also at Rocco's Taco's there was another bachelorette party but we had a WAY better time. Drinks, Dancing, and 12 sexy ladies....what could be better? :)

Woohoo! What a super awesome group of friends you ton have. Each party looked like a total blast. Might have to get me some of those straws...just for around the house lol

Onward... it's still Tracie. Rather than do it next weekend I figured I would continue with the rest of the things we did leading up the the big day. Jay has already posted some pictures of our favors....like the cookies and such. I figured I would complete some reviews of different people/vendors.

First, our wedding planner. We had Meri Lynn Hurst, and I absolutely have nothing bad to say about her. I/we were extremely pleased with every conversation and interaction we had with her. We especially were pleased with the empathy and understanding she set forth when we had to change our time and location due to the construction. A little kindness goes along way and I think we had the most perfect experience because we were understanding in return. One thing that was a little annoying, but was known about beforehand was Meri arrived late to our rehearsal due to a planning session/tasting session at the GF/WP that morning. Mind you we had our rehearsal at the BW so she had to travel through the marathon stuff to get there, while Franks only gave her about 5-10 minutes of travel time. It really wasn't her fault, but still annoying. Despite that issue we enjoyed having Meri apart of our wedding.

Next, Photographer's. We had David and Vicki Arndt as our photographers. Nothing bad to say here either. I had a blast with the getting ready photo's that morning/afternoon. They were both very pleasant and flexible to other pictures/shots we wanted done that day. For example, we planned a last minute surprise photo with my nephew at the reception when Mickey and Minnie walked in...he had never seen/met them prior to the reception...so I know the pictures will turn out great. Also, we had not planned to have pictures done on the BW after the reception, but we were able to walk with them until around midnight to get some beautiful night shots without as many people around. So I was very grateful to get some newly married couple shots afterward as well. We are still waiting to receive our pictures/website from them so we are getting antsy about that, but nothing bad overall.

Third, Floral. Everything was absolutely perfect. I did like that we were able to reuse the pew markers for our bridal party table. That helped to make it affordable and pretty. We had white and pink roses mostly for everything with the exception of the bridesmaids bouquet's, which were purple Hydrangea and white roses. I loved that they worked with our budget on everything, and even helped us cut where we could.

My bouquet:
IMG_0250.jpg

Bridesmaids bouquet's:
IMG_0249.jpg

Next, Bakery. I was the most nervous about the wedding cake because it was the one thing we didn't have a picture of after our planning session. We had a custom cake design completed so the only thing we knew was an idea in our head and the flavors. It turned out absolutely stunning. We had out own cake topper that looked beautiful, and everything was exactly how I imagined it. In addition to the wedding cake, I ordered a grooms cake for Jay that was delivered to the Whispering Canyon Cafe during our rehearsal dinner. I also gave Meri an idea about the design sent in pictures, and it turned out perfect. Jay loved it and was completely surprised. I was told the grooms cake was done by the Contemporary Bakery, whereas the wedding cake was GF Bakery. It was great too because Jay had no idea about the grooms cake before then :cool1:
Wedding cake flavors: Marble with butter cream; Grooms cake: Vanilla/yellow cake with butter cream (Jay does not like Chocolate cake :sad2:)
Wedding Cake
IMG_0294.jpg

Grooms Cake
IMG_0215.jpg

Nails: I wanted to mention the place I got my nails done because they were a lifesaver! I had waited until the last minute to get my nails done - rehearsal day between the rehearsal and the dinner! :eek: So I found the closest place to Disney, and my mom, Jay's sister (Becca), and my friend Daphne all went together to finish up our nails. They only had two people working and they got all of us done within two hours! I got gel acrylics, Daphne and Becca got manicure's, and my mom got a pedicure and gel coating on her nails. It was amazing. Plus, their gel powder had glitter in it already so my nails were pretty fancy (LOL). So if anyone ever wants to go there they are right outside Disney...here is their information: Posh Nails & Spa 12376 S. State Road 535, Orlando, FL 32836; (407) 238-1870. The manager is Karen, and she MAY also offer group rates if you want to call ahead about a bridal party visit.

Next, DJ Frankie C. He was great. He was not too crazy, not too boring. Just enough for the crowd we had so it was a great match. We had planned for guests to be able to request songs, so we made request cards to be placed at the DJ stand. He was very patient with everyone, and played the songs that we wanted when we wanted. He had all of the songs, and if he didn't have it before the wedding day he asked to clarify what he needed to get for us. No problems here.

Fairytale Weddings in general: Overall, we had no major issues. Yes, we had to change times and reception locations. But, they worked with us to make sure we were happy with the changes and we understand that it is something they are unable to control. We were disappointed at first because we were told in August that the construction would have been well through the first stage, but things happen. I don't put any blame or ill-wishes on to Fairytale weddings for the time change. If anything the changes made everything 100% better! It was annoying to not get some emails quicker, but again it's a business can't expect an email everyday.

Next, Limo Drivers/Transportation: we had three different limo's that day for the groomsmen/groom, bridesmaids/bride, and my family. We were pleased with the transportation overall. They had waters and sodas available for the drive over. We even got to watch some of "Meet the Robinson's" and "Finding Nemo" on the car rides over. However, I was a little disappointed to get into the the limo that took the groom/groomsmen to the GF/WP and find that it still had half-full glasses of whiskey in the cup holders, which could have been cleaned away. Also, my parents eventually rode in this limo so they were also disappointed to get into a used/dirty limo when they are on their way to their daughter's wedding. I do not know if this was something they were supposed to do or not, but it was annoying nonetheless.

Hair/Makeup: I did ALOT of research on hair and makeup and made a decision last minute because I wanted to make sure the prices were right for the entire group. Since two of my bridesmaids were paying for their own hair and makeup, plus my mom paying for her, me, my grandmother, and my sister...it needed to be something within our budget. I selected "Weddings by Crystal" and we all absolutely LOVED her! She was a huge relief that morning and afternoon, especially when the power went out in half of our room due to the power outlets being overloaded.... :scared1:
It was great because she allowed us to be ourselves that day, and that is what I needed. Plus, I was able to decide on hair that morning! I was very indecisive with everyone's hair; I had an idea but not a definite decision pinned down. I got false lashes for free, which were the best idea. The girls all got false lashes and they looked fantastic. She also brought an assistant that worked on the mom's and grandmother's to help speed up the process, which was a lifesaver!
Makeup for me and Daphne
IMG_0248.jpg

Carolyn Allen's: I was surprised with everything that happened with them the weekend of the wedding since they usually have good reviews on here. I paid for my steaming, and cleaning/preservation a week prior to the wedding and didn't really hear from them until two days before the wedding. Everything went fine the morning of the wedding, they came and steamed the dresses. They didn't get in the way toooo much (we had a small room so it wasn't their fault the dresses were taking up a lot of room). The power went out due to outlet overload (not their fault), and they finished in time. But, they failed to pick up my dress the morning after the wedding even though I dropped my dress at BW bell services at 8:30am! I was told to drop it off at bell services and call the main number to inform them it would be waiting for pickup. I did that even though they do not open until 10 am, which I had no idea about prior to this. I did not know until I checked with bell services at around 5:30pm, due to a gut feeling it had not been picked up that day. I called the main number three times- no answer, so I left voice mails. I called the emergency number - no answer left a voice mail twice. Then I sent them an email explaining my disappointment. I was very upset that my wedding gown was placed in bell services for an entire day despite their instructions that they would pick it up. The next morning I received a phone call (I was sleeping) from them without a voice mail.... so I called them back at around 11am and they notified me that they picked my dress up and apologized it was not picked up the day before. Apparently they could not get through to BW due to the marathon....even though they had ALL DAY! :mad: So this is actually the only vendor/person I was unhappy with the entire time due to the pickup issue. I would have appreciated a phone call/voice mail sooner so I knew my dress was just hanging out in bell services. Either way if you plan to use Carolyn Allen's for cleaning/preservation just double check when they are picking your dress up so you do not have this happen to you. Otherwise the steaming appointment went fine.

Men's Wearhouse: Jay had the same thing happen to him...the tuxes were not picked up on Saturday morning like planned. We called but they didn't get picked up until Sunday. We also had proof they were in bell services waiting so we were not charged a late fee because they refused to pick them up on time. Jay chose the free suit option...check the fine print there is a loop hole that the suit cannot be over $450 otherwise you'll pay the difference. Also, Jay received a very short vest for his tux... it worked out fine but it was still odd that his was short and the grooms men had regular length vests. Jay and his groomsmen bought the fancy Converse shoes...they were awesome and made their pictures even more unique. Jay says: check the price before you rent the tux....otherwise you may be paying too much. :idea:

Bachio Bachio Bridal Salon: I bought my dress at a very small store in Wellington, Florida that someone had recommended to me when I started shopping back in July. I had gone to David's Bridal (nothing great), and Alfred Angelo's (some good finds but nothing I was crazy about), but I ultimately fell in love with my gown that was under our budget and amazing to wear. Not to mention...the train detaches making it weight much less for the reception :goodvibes I definitely recommend them if you are in the area. The two sister's that run the store are extremely nice, and they have a smaller selection so you do not get bogged down by dresses.
Here are two pictures of my dress/veil, and a picture of us on the BW after the reception from David and Vicki :)
IMG_0236.jpg

385559_10150507820304280_558619279_8426631_1880678730_n.jpg

If I missed any reviews please let me/us know! ;)

My bouquet pic didn't show up in the last post... here it is then.
IMG_0250.jpg

Here are some more pics until we get our professional ones.

The back of my hair before the veil was put on...
391908_875147919725_33407043_38867954_815762886_n-1.jpg

Heading over to the GF/WP for pics...
394665_875149456645_33407043_38867967_1324676918_n.jpg

396974_875150080395_33407043_38867971_481090055_n.jpg

Pew Markers
402073_10150518380351989_580781988_9088117_969332012_n.jpg

Walking in...
405803_10150518364801989_580781988_9088002_955123808_n.jpg

Finally Married!
419931_10150518369406989_580781988_9088024_614406101_n.jpg

Girls are ready for the exit...
421039_10150518381156989_580781988_9088125_1550141692_n.jpg

Boys and their toy story themed shoes...
431119_10150518381491989_580781988_9088131_103127453_n.jpg

Our Signature Drink "Good Idea Bear"
430889_10150518386831989_580781988_9088182_1004707378_n.jpg

Bridal Party Table
423758_10150518388531989_580781988_9088197_1283406860_n.jpg

398545_10150518388241989_580781988_9088194_110744701_n.jpg

Centerpieces
425618_10150518387356989_580781988_9088188_2145367452_n.jpg

Special Guests :cool1:
428639_10150518440191989_855534790_n.jpg

419772_10150484771275896_521165895_9017672_835420620_n.jpg

Everything looks absolutely beautiful! I love the bridesmaid bouquets, the color is great. The centerpieces, the cake, your dress, it all looks fabulous!

The one professional photo that you posted is just stunning. You two look so beautiful and happy!

And your bachelorette party looks like it was a blast ;)

I've enjoyed so much following along. (and I'm sure I will continue to enjoy. can't wait to see the rest of the photos!). I just wanted to say Congratulations!!! and you both look great. the bridesmaids and groomsmen are beautiful/handsome as well. Love your hair/makeup Tracie. LOVE the toy story themed groomsmen shoes! you are both so creative. Many, many happy, magical years together!!!

Everything looks awesome! Looks like you two had some fun bachelor/bachelorette parties! The wedding looks beautiful. I love your picture on the Boardwalk at night. Can't wait to see and hear more :)

Everything looks great! I loved your signature drink and centerpieces! They looked so very fun!

Thanks...those signature drinks were goin like crazy...everyone had at least 2 or 3 of em. We did think of doing the glow-cubes to go with them, but Im glad we didnt cause they really didnt need them..and it saved us some..

Everything looks absolutely beautiful! I love the bridesmaid bouquets, the color is great. The centerpieces, the cake, your dress, it all looks fabulous!

The one professional photo that you posted is just stunning. You two look so beautiful and happy!

And your bachelorette party looks like it was a blast ;)

Yay..Trace said the bouquets were a litlle more darker purple than she thought, but she still loved them.

Your pictures are stunning!!!! I'm glad everything went so well for you both.

Thanks, Im enjoying reading everything on your PJ too!

I've enjoyed so much following along. (and I'm sure I will continue to enjoy. can't wait to see the rest of the photos!). I just wanted to say Congratulations!!! and you both look great. the bridesmaids and groomsmen are beautiful/handsome as well. Love your hair/makeup Tracie. LOVE the toy story themed groomsmen shoes! you are both so creative. Many, many happy, magical years together!!!

Thanks, I knew I was gonna put Trace on the bottom of my shoes cause it was part of my vows. It was actually kinda spontaneous that the rest of the guys put it on theres that morning. we took a lot of great pics with em that morning. Cant wait to see those!

Everything looks awesome! Looks like you two had some fun bachelor/bachelorette parties! The wedding looks beautiful. I love your picture on the Boardwalk at night. Can't wait to see and hear more :)

Thanks, we took a lot more on the BW too..That picture was one of the last ones we did too. Im just glad there wasnt a lot of people walkin round.

So my mom made a video of the days leading up to the wedding. I thought I would post it on here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AIWR5zyv8I&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Hope you enjoy....Superbowls tomorrow yay..gooooo GIANTS!!!!

That video is so touching. I actually had a tear or two. BTW, the song at the end.... that played in the church at my wedding 29+years ago. It seems you and Tracie already are aware, but I feel I must say it. You are blessed. To have friends and family that seem so genuinely happy for you both! amazing! Thank you for sharing!

oh, and can't resist. ....go Pats. ;) enjoy game day regardless of the outcome.

That video is so touching. I actually had a tear or two. BTW, the song at the end.... that played in the church at my wedding 29+years ago. It seems you and Tracie already are aware, but I feel I must say it. You are blessed. To have friends and family that seem so genuinely happy for you both! amazing! Thank you for sharing!

oh, and can't resist. ....go Pats. ;) enjoy game day regardless of the outcome.

Thanks, It made us happy to watch it. And that was just the days leading up to the wedding, my mom has soooo much video of the reception too. she said that my dad and her were laughing at most of it cause its really funny.

sorry the pats lost...:rolleyes1...im a dolphins fan, but my grandpas fav team forever is the giants so that why i was goin for them..lol

Disney Day 1, pt 1
Alright, so its been a week or two since Ive been on here to update. Mainly cause ive just been lazy, but I have been lookin at the boards mostly everyday checkin in on everyone elses PJs and other topics.

Still waiting on our ceremony video, and our pics from the Arndts. They seem to have had a lot of clients these past months, but they say they are getting back on track on editing. Hopefully well get some pics soon.

OK so January 4th, morning.
This is all of our suitcases and the crates that we were dropping off at Francks. Some of the other bags are the items that were going to go into the welcome bags that we were gonna put together once we got to our room at BW. I was goin up with my dad and my sister, My mom was goin in a seperate car with my grandparents. Trace was goin up with her mom and they were taking up all the crates and some of the dresses including Traces dress...which at that point I still had no idea what it looked like..lol.
IMG_8477.jpg

IMG_8476.jpg

Leaving my cats that morning...Kita is on the ground, and Melody is on the couch. Cali is not in the picture but she was somewhere..lol
IMG_8464.jpg

Trace and I that morning
IMG_8478.jpg

The plan was to get there around 12ish and put together the welcome bags, drive them around to POP, and CB, and then for Trace to go to Francks to drop off all the crates...there were about 5 of them, plus an aisle runner, and our ketubah...well lets just say that didnt happen...lol..more on that later...

So my car and my grandparents car both manage to pull up to BW at the same time..although we were seperated on the turnpike on the way up...and I guess BW has a new check in feature...dont know if other resorts are doing it, or if its just cause we did online check in...but when we pulled up to drop off the stuff and our cars, a CM was waiting for us outside the lobby and asked us what party we were with and then took us into the lobby. They told us to have a seat on the couches and they would bring all the paperwork to us and we wouldnt have to go stand at the counter. My room on the Inn side was ready, but my parents 2 bdr on the Villas side was not, so we all just went up to my room to relax and start making the welcome bags.

Me signing the papers for the room stuff with the CMs that helped us
CIMG4906.jpg

My sister with my grandparents in the lobby. They have only been to disney once before and that was Labor day weekend in 1997. We were at MK when the news broke out the princess Di had passed away. I think we stayed at OKW because we had just become DVC members a year before. So a lot has changed in those 15 years in the world..though they probably wouldnt have noticed..lol..
CIMG4908.jpg

I love the Boardwalk. It is my favorite resort on property. I wish it had the acts that used to be there like the saxophone quartets and the Boardwalk Buskers, but the current entertinment is fine as well. There is just something about being there that excites me and really makes me feel at home when at the world. Now being DVC members I have only stayed on the Villas side, so this was my first venture into the Inn rooms. I gotta say that they reminded me of a studio in a Villas. Just your basic 2 queen bed, couch, tv unit, and bath. Which is what I expected.
CIMG4915.jpg

I liked the painting that we had, Although I found out I think its in everyroom, so that got me down cause I thought we were special..lol...
CIMG4918.jpg

Our room was above one of the garden suites...which we stayed in for our 1 night comp room...so we had a garden view. I was told there were no rooms on the INN side that face the BW, but there were clearly some rooms on the INN side that you can see on the BW so I dont know why they would tell me that, but our view was nice.
CIMG4911.jpg

The rooms over my right shoulder would actually be the rooms that Traces family would be in. That just meant when we were doin gettin ready pictures I couldnt go out on my balcony cause I would see the girls..lol
CIMG4913.jpg

Ill have part 2 posted later...till then

Disney day 1, pt. 2

It was about 2 or 3 at this point. My parents room on the Villas side was still not ready and I dont think Trace and her mom had left west palm yet...they were supposed to leave about 9 or 10 in the morning. We still had to put together the welcome bags and take them around to POP and CB so we decided to do that.
Just a reminder that the welcome bags all had:
Welcome letter
Bear Neccesity Packs
Favorite Music Cd
Door hanger
Hidden Mickey Adventure
Water Bottle
Lindt Roller

Here are the completed bags in our room. They also had a welcome tag specific to the resort it was going to tied with our name ribbon we got from theknot.com.
CIMG4923.jpg

We had 3 to drop off at the BW counter, 3 to drop off at POP, and I think 9 or 10 to take to CB. Taking them around the world was really easy. I herad that the security people at the gates were getting a lot stricter with who they let in, but when we got up to the gate we just told them what we were doing and they let us right in! All 3 resorts were really easy and took the bags with no problem. I heard from some of my guests that they loved the bags and everything in them. Especially the cds.

Ive never been to CB, so that was fun to drive around that resort. A little confusing, but was very nice.

So the plan for the day...originally...was to get up to the world bout 12, take the bags around, drop off stuff at Francks, and go see Fantasmic! at 6:30.
Well, once the bags were dropped off it was about 4 and I think Trace and her mom just hit the Turnpike in Palm Beach, about 2 and half hours from the world. Im a natural worrier??worryer?...w/e...so I was freaking out about meeting up with everyone for Fantasmic! My parents had reservations with my grandparents at Ragland Road at 6:45 so they were preparing for that. There room on the Villas side was ready so we went over there to drop off their luggage and stuff.

My mom and her dad
CIMG4924-1.jpg

My garndparents have never been to DTD at all, so It was a treat for them to go to Ragland. They ended up getting a table right next to the band and the Step dancer, so it was even better.
CIMG4931.jpg

Meanwhile, my sister and I were waiting for Trace and her mom to arrive. There was also an 8 performance of Fantasmic! so we got in touch with our friends..who were already at MGM....not DHS...and they were all ok waiting for the 8 show. Trace and her mom got to BW about 6:30ish and her mom just wanted to relax at the resort so we started heading over to MGM for the show.

Trace and my sister heading down to the boardwalk. mY mom got Trace that hat..which she loved. She got me one too..which is in another picture.
IMG_8479.jpg

When going to MGM from BW..its either walk or boat....EPCOT is walk always for us..lol...in our case, its now 7 and there letting people in to sit in 30 min..lets run!!!
Trace and I had to go to Customer Relations to get our AP exchange tickets validated and we were in MGM. Our friends were all in line at the entrance to Fantasmic!..and I really hate cutting, but we ran past everyone to join them. We actually managed to duck under the ropes at the exact moment they let people in and we met up with our friends. One of them is a friend who is also a CM, and I dont know if it was him or someone else, but apparently we had reserved VIP seats. We were right in the middle section all the way at the very top. Yays!!! Im glad we brought a sweater..it was COLD!!!!

Heres us waitin for the show
IMG_8487.jpg

IMG_8488.jpg

IMG_8485.jpg

IMG_8498.jpg

I love Fantasmic!...I know the entire show by heart...same goes for Illuminations too..lol..we went cause it was going down for refurb after that weekend.
I wish I had some better pictures of the show..especially the steamboat. The characters were all out in front and the lights were awesome..ahh camera wasnt ready..meh...got some fire though...lol
IMG_8504.jpg

After the show some of us decided to head to DTD..mainly to get some Vinyl trading out of the way..but we were also hungry..and Earls is such a good cheap place to get some food there. On the way out we got stopped by the traffic light. I actually play along with these things and a group of us just stood there until it changed back to go. It was funny to watch people look at us like whats going on..some of them actually stooped with us...oh how I love Disney!!!
IMG_8507.jpg

While at earls, Wolverine decided to make an appearance!...you will see a lot more of him and his Marvel friends later.
IMG_8521.jpg

We had to go to WOD as well and take our pirate picture that is now a favorite thing to do of ours...thanks to me..lol
IMG_8523.jpg

After a while, DTD was gettin set to close and Disney Day 1 was coming to an end. Everyone was heading back to their resorts and Trace, my sister and I headed back to BW.

Next up Disney day 2, Rehearsal day/dinner fun!

You guys look like such a fun group! Its awesome that everyone in your party seemed to get along really well!

I love that your grandparents were able to make it. My Mémé is 84 and, as she is my only grandparent left, she is dead-set on going! No one can stop her! lol Nick's grandparents, however, refuse to come due to their health, which is understandable. Anyways, you're lucky to have been able to have them with you on your day :)

The video your mom made is so nice! I hope I remember to film the happenings surrounding the wedding! We registered for a video camera for our shower so...fingers crossed!

I am in love with your sister's sweatshirt!! Nick's last name is Trojand and I love collection USC stuff just to be able to wear the coolest last name ever! lol Where did she get it from?

Other than that, everything looked amazing! I can't wait to see more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter