Jaws

I'm 21 - and i found it scary!!

Whilst its a bit dated and i think even most little ones could tell its fake (?) all the water and effects and the boat moving did make me a little freaked out - obviously depends on the kid, i'd guess nothing younger than 8 - but then there are some brave little kids who'd be ok!

I actually got really wet, but mostly cause the seats were wet

It is definitely more frightening than Snow White. You're in a boat and a giant shark is swimming at you, gnashing its teeth. There's also water and fire effects as well as explosions. It's more along the lines of Jurassic Park, IMO. It's a bit cheesy for adults, but may be very frightening for children.

It is definitely more frightening than Snow White. You're in a boat and a giant shark is swimming at you, gnashing its teeth. There's also water and fire effects as well as explosions. It's more along the lines of Jurassic Park, IMO. It's a bit cheesy for adults, but may be very frightening for children.
Agreed and try not to sit on the left side of the boat...you will get soaked!

Agreed and try not to sit on the left side of the boat...you will get soaked!

But I wouldn't advise sitting in the far back seat on the right either. You may get burnt. (I have a small scar on my ankle from where the fire special fx burned me a little:headache:)

Depends on the person. I've seen young kids that were really scared (I was one of them at one point in time!) and I've also seen young kids that sat there with a smile on their face the entire time.

The fire is real, the shark is fake. It also depends on how well your skipper gets into their role. A convincing skipper will really make the experience more intense/fun.

You might get wet, on par with Jurassic Park (which is not too wet).

My DS & younger DD were never afraid of Jaws, however my middle one (DD) was petrified of it. She cried the first time on it & refused to go back (age 4) until she was like 8 or 9. None of them were ever afraid of Snow White..

My DS & younger DD were never afraid of Jaws, however my middle one (DD) was petrified of it. She cried the first time on it & refused to go back (age 4) until she was like 8 or 9. None of them were ever afraid of Snow White..
My sister was when she was a kid! She HATED the witch and refused to ever ride SW again...and she hasn't.

My daughter who was 4 at the time hated Snow White and was a wreck the rest of the day. Now at Universal she rode everything and loved it all. (Including Jaws and the one time King King ride!) Go figure!

Every child is going to be different on what they are afraid of & what they aren't. If someone is worried about their child being too afraid, I would say, "skip" the ride.
I think in the case with my children, they always watched Snow White so they knew it was fake.. it was a "cartoon" to them. However when it came to "Jaws" my middle child didn't relate that shark as to being fake. She knows there are sharks. My other 2, realized it was "make believe".
It will all be how your child perceives things..and if they are afraid of the dark (as in Snow White)

"It's a Small World" is scarier then Jaws. I literally had nightmares.

Haha yeah, that ride always freaked me out too :) I also had a pink ceramic hanging clown in my bedroom when I was little that played that song..scared me too :(

DD now 12, who is generally not freaked out over anything just about lost her mind when she went on Jaws for the first time at 8. Expecting that it would not scare her, but rather thrill her, I didnt tell her about the big shark jumping out at her - she was petrified, so much so I thought she was kidding. This time, even though she knew what was coming, was reluctant to get on. She did though, and was still freaked out. You just never know.

This is the child is sobbed enough to break your heart when she was younger because of height restrictions. No other ride at WDW or US, or anywhere for that matter have ever even caused her to blink an eye.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter