Jaw Pain? Earache? Ruptured Eardrum?

AKL_Megs

DIS Veteran
About two weeks ago, I had a really bad sinus infection. I went on one flight, and upon descent, I experienced the WORST ear pain - I thought I had ruptured my eardrum. I got that stuffy feeling in one ear, where you can't hear, and have intense pressure and pain. I didn't worry, because by the time we landed, it was fine again. Felt itchy and strange, but no pain.

About a week ago, I started getting jaw pain and pain surrounding my ear. Very DULL pain.

My jaw doesn't pop, doesn't crack, or any of the typical TMJ things.

My ear seems to ache from deep inside. Again, very dull.

What could this be?

I don't really know - but based on your first incident - and now this coming on not that long after - I would think you might want to have your doctor check it out if it persists for more than another day or two..

Does the area under your ear hurt? If so, rubbing Vicks on that area will help with the pain.. Also, is that lymph node swollen there? Or the ones under your jaw? If they are, then you really should see your doctor - especially before you have to make another flight!!

Hope you feel better soon..:goodvibes

I don't really know - but based on your first incident - and now this coming on not that long after - I would think you might want to have your doctor check it out if it persists for more than another day or two..

Does the area under your ear hurt? If so, rubbing Vicks on that area will help with the pain.. Also, is that lymph node swollen there? Or the ones under your jaw? If they are, then you really should see your doctor - especially before you have to make another flight!!

Hope you feel better soon..:goodvibes
Thanks, C.Ann. I'm waiting to talk to my manager about going to my work clinic. I've been looking on Google, but can't find a link between the two. That's why I am here! ;)

Ear fluid. Your ear is probably not draining because it is probably inflamed. Take some sudafed to dry it up.

If the sudafed helps then that is your issue. I would not say infection because that would be a constant pain.

We are plagued with this as a constant thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter