Jason's MAW trip

tinytreasures

DIS Veteran
I have to say Make a Wish is a wonderful wonderful program. I can not say that enough. The kids and all family members are treated family when you walk in the door at "GKTW"

Day 1
Dh and I got the van packed the night before
the kids still had no idea we were going that day :rotfl:
after breakfast we told them we were going shopping at the mall of america.
they all jumped in the van happy to go.
you would have thought when we added all the stroller to the point they couldn't move in the van at all they would have figured it out but they didn't :rotfl2:
We drove to the mall and I ran in to return something then we said we had to run to babies R us because I forgot bibs (which I did :rolleyes1)
then we drove to "water park of America" but we pulled up in the back so they still didn't have a clue what was going on :laughing:
as we were standing in line to check in we asked them if they wanted to stay over night there they got excited then :banana:
after we got checked in they saw a small part of the pool and asked if we could go swimming
we told them after grandma and grandpa got there we could
Grandma and grandpa showed up while we all changed
you should have seen their faces when they walked into the waterpark.
it hit Jason where we were and this was them :dance3:
the bummer part was we didn't get any pictures because we forgot to bring down the water camera
after they swam for 3 hours we when back to our room and our "wish granter" came with 4 pizza's and balloons
we tried to put them to bed early but Hayden and Ella did not do so well (first time sleeping away from home) I will never sleep with Hayden again I am so lucky I don't have a black eye from his right hook :lmao:
the wake up call came at 3:30 am and the fun begins :banana:

guess who gets :sick:?

the bunk beds were so cool
IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

IMG_4022.jpg

Woo Hoo!! It has started!! :)

Great start! I totally understand not taking your camera to the water park! How exciting! I bet they were totally pumped!!! :)

I will go update the Wish Trippers thread with your Trip Report link. :woohoo:

I am so excited!!! :)

I am so glad you had a good time. And I am so glad that we got to meet! :dance3:

Woo Hoo!! It has started!! :)

Great start! I totally understand not taking your camera to the water park! How exciting! I bet they were totally pumped!!! :)

I will go update the Wish Trippers thread with your Trip Report link. :woohoo:

I am so excited!!! :)

I am so glad you had a good time. And I am so glad that we got to meet! :dance3:

I hope your picture turned out better then mine I looked awful the one I got
It was so much fun meeting all my new DIS friends :grouphug:

Ohh how exciting...:) I can't wait to follow this thread. Can I ask how did MAW work with grandma and grandpa? Were they approved for the wish, or did they pay their way and stay with you at GKTW?

My sister and oldest son were not approved to be part of the wish, meaning MAW was not going to pay for them, but MAW and GKTW did approve both of them to stay with us at GKTW during our trip, so just wondering how it worked if that is what grandma and grandpa had to do.

How is it possible that everyone got sick at Disney this month??? I hope it wasn't you. You need all the energy you can get for that gang ;)

Can't wait to read more! :banana:

Ohh how exciting...:) I can't wait to follow this thread. Can I ask how did MAW work with grandma and grandpa? Were they approved for the wish, or did they pay their way and stay with you at GKTW?

My sister and oldest son were not approved to be part of the wish, meaning MAW was not going to pay for them, but MAW and GKTW did approve both of them to stay with us at GKTW during our trip, so just wondering how it worked if that is what grandma and grandpa had to do.

grandma and grandpa came as our PCA (personal assistants) grandma works here full time during the week with Hayden, plus we have another one here part time for Avy and Grandpa is Jason's PCA
so MAW paid for everything for both grandparents and had the doctor sign off on it
we just sent MAW a copy of their PCA cards
Auntie paid her way (I will up date what happened with her my next report it was this :cool1: and :furious:

the wake up call came at 3:30 Am :scared1:
it was a really rough night with Ella and Hayden because they didn't sleep at all :headache:
the kids did great getting changed into clothes and taking all their meds and vitamins
we got downstairs and the Limo driver was waiting for us
The kids freaked out when they saw the Limo. The Limo driver freaked out when he saw all our stuff :rolleyes1
After we stuffed all 5 carseats, 1 single stroller, 1 double stroller, Jason's wheelchair and all our stuff into every inch inside and in the trunk. I ended up sitting in a carseat ::rolleyes:
This is where the sickies come in I got so carsick I couldn't even see straight by the time we got to the airport :sick: :rolleyes1
We got to the airport and "Shannon" our Make a Wish Greeter was waiting there, she helped so much. She got us all checked in and brought us right to our gate after taking off shoes and braces on Avy, Hayden and Ella. Then she got us 2 carts to take us to our gate (which is not a good thing when you are already gagging from the Limo ride)
I ended up laying in the chairs at the gate trying to keep last nights pizza down :blush:
Shannon and a Northwest person (thank you who ever you are, sorry I didn't get your name) got us on the plane first and the kids got to go into the cockpit and meet the pilot :dance3: (wish I could have seen the kids faces :sad1:
I got to our seats and didn't move. The kids did great on take off and on the plane. About a hour into the flight I came around :lmao:
I did scare my mil and husband for a while there but what is a trip without a small mommy freak out. :thumbsup2
Once I was able to move without out fear of losing anything I noticed Avy didn't looks so well.
She was scared and since she doesn't talk it was hard to figure out why. Turns out she thought she had to get off the plane while it was up in the air once I told her it would come down again she settled down. Avy and I watch High school musical 3 :banana:
We got off and were meet by Connie and Auntie Bobbie. Connie was so happy Bobbie landed first because for some reason they had Jason's listed as age 17, she was looking for a teenager.
We were so thankful Grandma and Grandpa got their own car because the mini van we got was to small to get all 5 carseats in :scared1:
so Jason ended up in the car all week (which worked out great since him and Christian fight all the time in the van)
Off to GKTW :woohoo:
this is where the surprises begin
Wait till you hear what amazing thing happened when we got there :wizard:

You have to take off the kid's leg braces? Can they walk without them? Do you have to carry them through?

So glad you came around on the flight. Car sickness is not fun!

Great start. Can't wait to read more!

You have to take off the kid's leg braces? Can they walk without them? Do you have to carry them through?

So glad you came around on the flight. Car sickness is not fun!

Great start. Can't wait to read more!

yah they made them take them off and send them through the x-ray machine
they can walk without them but we don't go very far and long without them
Avy ended up with a bad sprain by the end of the trip because she was not wearing them
she is still limping today but getting better
sprains are very normal around here for her when we do something that she can't wear her braces
Hayden is so slow without them on we end up carrying him because he walks like a 90 yr old

yah they made them take them off and send them through the x-ray machine
they can walk without them but we don't go very far and long without them
Avy ended up with a bad sprain by the end of the trip because she was not wearing them
she is still limping today but getting better
sprains are very normal around here for her when we do something that she can't wear her braces
Hayden is so slow without them on we end up carrying him because he walks like a 90 yr old

She gets a sprain just by walking too much??? WOW!!! Teaches me a lesson. I sprained my ankle before our Sept trip and complained for weeks. And your kiddos probably never complain. Amazing kids! You are very lucky :grouphug:

AW!!! How awesome!! Great first day.

You totally cracked me up about the poor limo driver! And you sat in a carseat?!? Oh no!

And got sick feeling? Bless your heart! I hope that is the end of the sickies!!! :)

Now...I am bringing out the popcorn...popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Cause you left us hanging over a CLIFF!!!!!!! :scared1: what happened when you got there?! And why didn't I hear this story already? (or did I? :confused3) Wait...I THINK I KNOW!!

*runs away*

AW!!! How awesome!! Great first day.

You totally cracked me up about the poor limo driver! And you sat in a carseat?!? Oh no!

And got sick feeling? Bless your heart! I hope that is the end of the sickies!!! :)

Now...I am bringing out the popcorn...popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Cause you left us hanging over a CLIFF!!!!!!! :scared1: what happened when you got there?! And why didn't I hear this story already? (or did I? :confused3) Wait...I THINK I KNOW!!

*runs away*
the Limo driver eyes about popped out of his head when he saw everything we had

I think you know what happened :thumbsup2
I will update tomorrow when I finally get download Grandma's 1500 pictures into my computer :scared1:

Tink she sprains because she doesn't have any support without her brace and her ankle twists
the bad part is she doesn't say anything hurts so we don't know till she starts to limp

Don't leave us hanging like this!!! I can't wait to hear what happened next!!!
Sorry to hear you were feeling sick...nothing worse!

Great start, glad I found this thread, I'm really interested in reading your report. Looking forward in hearing more from you.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter