Jason's Deli made a BIG mistake today

BelleWDW

DIS Veteran
;)

We got an email from our best customer-"S"(a medical staffing company) that they were sending us a large tray of sandwiches on Monday, which they do each year.WE are a small company-10 employees

Well at 11am TODAY -the Jason's deli guy arrives-and we're puzzled why it came today.

He starts setting out "all the food" and we are blown away-a large sandwich tray-a wrapped sandwhich tray-a huge fruit tray, a baklava and brownie tray, a cookie tray-3 huge bags of chips, and 10 strawberry shortcakes in individual containers! Immediately-we start tasting everything!

So a little while later -Jason's Deli calls-and wanted the food back-too late! LOL!
The food was supposed to go TO "S" for their BOARD MEETING_not us!

(The company had made several orders and Jason's employee stapled the wrong ticket to the wrong order!)

Oh well :rolleyes1

wow, what a huge mistake!!! OOPS! Yeah, like they can really take the food back, like that meets health code standards!

Mmm YUM! How come those things never happen to me at work!? :thumbsup2

Haha I feel like I just read a scene out of "The Office". Can't ya just picture that happening to the folks at Dunder Mifflin?

But the lingering question is...

Are you still getting YOUR tray on Monday?

Oh that is too funny! And YIKES that they wanted to come pick it up!:scared1:I hope you enjoyed your spread and I wonder if you will get the right one on Monday too!

But the lingering question is...

Are you still getting YOUR tray on Monday?

:rotfl:

Actually-the boss insisted to the head person at "S" that nothing is sent to us Monday.

Jason's had to scramble BIG Time to get the food remade and to their office before Noon.

We have enough for Tomorrow's lunch also:thumbsup2

Mmm YUM! How come those things never happen to me at work!? :thumbsup2

Haha I feel like I just read a scene out of "The Office". Can't ya just picture that happening to the folks at Dunder Mifflin?

It reminds me of Michael taking back the gift basket in the episode "Dunder Mifflin Infinity". When he screams "WHERE ARE THE TURTLES?!", I die a little with happiness.

haha!!! That was hilarious. I'm in the same room with DH and he goes "hey! the Price is Right!" :laughing: I had to explain the thread to him so he didn't think I was just listening to random game show sounds

I get a lot of use out of that clip. I need a hand-held device to carry with me where I can push a button.

The reason why they wanted the food back is because they can re use the meat that was on the sandwiches. Well that is if they could get it back in time. Plus the cookies and brownies could still be reused if they weren't touched. So instead of loosing all of the meal, they would only loose out on half. I know this because I work at one of the stores. And being a former Jason's Deli delivery driver, I hate it when that happens because part of the blame falls on the driver. But I hope you enjoyed it!!

The reason why they wanted the food back is because they can re use the meat that was on the sandwiches. Well that is if they could get it back in time. Plus the cookies and brownies could still be reused if they weren't touched. So instead of loosing all of the meal, they would only loose out on half. I know this because I work at one of the stores. And being a former Jason's Deli delivery driver, I hate it when that happens because part of the blame falls on the driver. But I hope you enjoyed it!!

Nasty. Thanks for the info, I won't be eatin' at Jason's anymore. :sick:

Nasty. Thanks for the info, I won't be eatin' at Jason's anymore. :sick:

The company has a 20 minute window and if the meat can get back to the store and at temp, it can be reused if it hasn't been mixed with any mayo or mustard. The meat is just a small part of it though. The desert tray is the big money maker, because they don't need to be cold. That is pretty much all they could save. Did you enjoy the strawberry short cakes? I absolutely love those!

Wondering how you found this thread from almost 2 years ago. I guess its cause you searched out where you work? Funny!

Not funny that the food would be re-used though - GROSS! You have no idea what someone could have done to it in that 20 minute window.

Wondering how you found this thread from over 2 years ago. I guess its cause you searched out where you work? Funny!

Not funny that the food would be re-used though - GROSS! You have no idea what someone could have done to it in that 20 minute window.

It may have popped up in the simliar threads box at the bottom of the screen.

Wondering how you found this thread from over 2 years ago. I guess its cause you searched out where you work? Funny!

or that person could be a disgruntled ex-employee with an axe to grind.

Zombie thread!:lmao:

I can't believe they would let them reuse the food either -GROSS! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter