Japan pick a pearl settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tygerlilly

DIS Veteran
I know the cost to pick the oyster is roughly $18 and you can order cages cheaper on etsy/ebay, but I was wondering what settings are available there to have the pearls set in? I plan to get one to each of my daughters as their first real piece of jewelry. I also told my fiance instead of a fancy expensive ring, I'd love for him to pick one and have it set in a ring there, because it would be unique and so sentimental to me (which is exactly what I want in a ring).

Bonus points if you have pictures of your settings/rings!

Yes, you can get them there. I've done a necklace at Japan and a ring at BC/YC. Too lazy to get up and take a picture of them but they are set in silver and the settings aren't cheap, I mean not inexpensive but are pretty and mine have lasted at least 15 years so far. I even got a gray pearl at one of them.

I plan to get one to each of my daughters as their first real piece of jewelry. I also told my fiance instead of a fancy expensive ring, I'd love for him to pick one and have it set in a ring there, because it would be unique and so sentimental to me (which is exactly what I want in a ring)

I just love all of this!

We just did pick a pearl this week. My daughter and I chose to get matching settings, and we wanted the pearls to be seen well. We ended up choosing the most inexpensive, simplest setting at $14.95 each. Basically, it's just a pendant mounting allowing for the pearl to be suspended from a chain. You can buy chains there, but we both have several sterling chains at home, so we decided to skip that additional cost. I will probably spring for the Cinderella's carriage cage at some point. I looked at some of the rings, and the tray I saw (sterling) looked to be $30 and up. The pearls are very pretty. I love your idea of going for a sentimental vs pricey engagement ring.

We were there the 2nd week in January and both my DD and I picked pearls.
I was all set on getting our cages there- but, unfortunately, their inventory was very low. Lots of missing spaces in the showcase.
I asked the CM if that was it, and she said yes. So she carefully wrapped the pearls for me (my DD got a double!) and I plan to look around here at home and find something.

I got a pick a pearl last March and had a family heirloom made. My DH passed a year and a half ago. The pendent is heart shaped perferated wings (my heart, his wings and the holes that he left behind)surrounding a claddagh where the hands hold his wedding band with mine nestled inside of his ring. The heart and crown of the claddagh (love, loyalty, and friendship that was our marriage) is in the center of my ring. The heart holds the pearl which is our son's birthstone. My son and I got the pearl on our first trip without DH.

I got a pick a pearl last March and had a family heirloom made. My DH passed a year and a half ago. The pendent is heart shaped perferated wings (my heart, his wings and the holes that he left behind)surrounding a claddagh where the hands hold his wedding band with mine nestled inside of his ring. The heart and crown of the claddagh (love, loyalty, and friendship that was our marriage) is in the center of my ring. The heart holds the pearl which is our son's birthstone. My son and I got the pearl on our first trip without DH.
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sincere condolences. Your heirloom sounds beautiful!!

That sounds absolutely beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like an amazing heirloom.

Bonus points if you have pictures of your settings/rings!

Ready for my bonus points-

Although I apologize, this picture is kind of blurry. Also, the ring's from 11 years ago (I'm still wearing it, so they last!). I hadn't had an engagement ring, so for our anniversary, I picked the setting and DH picked the oyster.

Ready for my bonus points-

Although I apologize, this picture is kind of blurry. Also, the ring's from 11 years ago (I'm still wearing it, so they last!). I hadn't had an engagement ring, so for our anniversary, I picked the setting and DH picked the oyster.

Bonus points awarded! pixiedust: Lol. I love that! It's really pretty!

Can someone tell me if you're guaranteed a pearl? I have one DD who always has the best luck :genie: and the other who ... doesn't :confused:. I could just see one DD getting a giant pearl and the other DD get none.

Does anyone know the cost of the Cinderella Carriage Cage?
I got it for my daughter but can't remember the price, but do remember it was more costly than most. It's beautiful though.

Does anyone know the cost of the Cinderella Carriage Cage?

If I remember correctly, it was around $50. I looked at it in January and thought about purchasing it. I went with a simpler setting which I do love, but I will probably spring for the carriage next time.

I got a 10mm pearl. It was the largest of the day they said:)
I bought the large Cinderella coach and a chain, I think it was around $120. I wear it all the time and get a lot of compliments on it. I also have an 8 and an 8.5mm not set and a 9mm grey pearl set in a 14k gold swirl with chain. It's such fun.

for anyone who is keen on the Cinderella carriage setting but not so sure about the price point (like me!!) you can get lovely versions on Etsy for much much less. I used a company called AOS design, but there are a few out there that do similar items.

OP -truly such a lovely idea. hope you all have a wonderful trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter