January Trip-Value Resort?

roxannex

Maleficenterrific
Hi all,
We are planning a January trip. It's been over two years since we've been to Disney. You can see from my signature that we went a lot and got kind of Disney-ed out for a while!

We've never stayed in a value before, but we're planning for late January 1 day each at the parks plus 1 day extra, so I don't expect we will be swimming a lot or hanging out at the resort too much, and I thought my 6 year old would love the theming.

Tell me I'm right that since it's January, we might as well go for the cheaper option. If my mom goes with us, we will get two connecting rooms for the four of us.

I'm also debating where to go for free dining or price separately with AAA discount (or maybe pin code????) and possible YES program at that time. I guess I need to wait and see if they offer it then. We've never done a dining plan before, so I don't know if it will be worth it for us.

Thanks!

Our kids adore POP! We have stayed at all levels of resorts and when it is January and really using the pools is out the values are a great choice.

ASMo is being refirbed right now and POP finished last year. The towels are kinda thin and small, but with daily mousekeeping you get new ones so using all of them and not having them dry is not really a big deal.

For a 6 yo the theme of the values is great!

I am running the WDW 1/2 and we are likely going to book ASMo, where my kids are currently lobbying to stay due to the Toy Story and Fantasia sections! My kids are 7 and 4.

The one bus at POP is great, and I have not heard many issues with the AS bus either. The food courts also have a great selection for the kids.

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

Pop is a great resort and we have enjoyed our four stays there. The rooms have been recently refurbbed. I think you'll have a great time!

Just price out both scenarios, we enjoy the ease and convenience of the DDP but won't pay for it. For us, Free Dining is our best discount (we have two teenagers so we are all four "adults") but its not the same for everyone.

With the way they have priced the buffets and the fact that you now get the mug with all the plans, if you plan to each much in the way of character meals, the DDP is a very good deal. The QSDP which is what come standard for the values on FD is not as much of a money saver, however, a AAA room discount at POP is going to be I bellieve 10% so not much savings there. I would be fd would be your best discount even with the YES tix/program. But I could be wrong!

Pin codes and room discounts work to a better advantage for a deluxe stay. During value season in January, the percentage off a value room would not be as much as fd ($34.99 per day for each adult and about $10 a day for kids). A AAA discount might only be $12-15 per day for the room, vs the fd discount.

We stayed at all star music and loved it. Every night they have activities at the pool for kids, so if you do end up at the resort one night, they have games, movies, music etc for kids. And they do have a family suite, so maybe instead of 2 adjoining rooms, you could just get 1 suite? Something to look into. They are the only value to offer this.

As far as the DDP goes, we did it more as a convenience. We could get ANY item at the restaurant we wanted without even looking at the prices. It was nice to know it was all already paid for and there was no pressure to keep our costs down for food. We just ate what we wanted all the time! Not sure we saved much money, but it was definitely nice!

I think you will be happy with the values! We have gone 3 times in Jan (stayed at Pop, WL, and ASSP); one thing to consider is the parks don't stay open too late in January, but I still think you will be fine with things to do at a value resort!

We stayed at all star music and loved it. Every night they have activities at the pool for kids, so if you do end up at the resort one night, they have games, movies, music etc for kids. And they do have a family suite, so maybe instead of 2 adjoining rooms, you could just get 1 suite? Something to look into. They are the only value to offer this.

As far as the DDP goes, we did it more as a convenience. We could get ANY item at the restaurant we wanted without even looking at the prices. It was nice to know it was all already paid for and there was no pressure to keep our costs down for food. We just ate what we wanted all the time! Not sure we saved much money, but it was definitely nice!

Every single WDW resort now offers activites by the pool and a movie. CBR and POP were the last to start there activity program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter