• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

I'll tell you one thing. I will NEVER book by phone again. Two calls (on hold a total of 200 minutes.) One half-asleep cast member, one really nice one. Neither one of them gave me the same information. Neither one gave me the same offers. Neither one had SPD. I'll just go with online. Forever.

Interesting that you got different information from different CM. How does that even work? Makes me want to call back and inquire again about resorts available with VISA discount.

I reserved normal package on online few days ago, and requested change the package to PSD by phone today. But it did not change on online.

Just got off the phone and was told that the Visa discount and the Fun-filled Escape are the same discount. The Visa let you gets rooms that may not be available with the other offer.

That's crazy because i got another 10 percent off at AKL with the visa discount. I was even able to upgrade to a savannah view.

Most likely because the $1959 is for a standard room and the $1654 is 20% off a different room type like pool view, preferred, king etc. At least that's what I've been finding in all my searches (can't believe I've been at this for 2 hours)

No that wasn't it, they were both for standard rooms.

I called right when all this went live online. And French Quarter discount was already full. How is that even possible unless there really were no rooms available?! So frustrated with disney.

French Quarter isn't even offered for SPD, only Riverside.

Interesting that you got different information from different CM. How does that even work? Makes me want to call back and inquire again about resorts available with VISA discount.

It happens ALL the time with all sorts of things. Some are just not trained well. I think the ones who work from home really seem to not be tuned in to what is going on. They don't know what to look for, etc.

So calling got me nothing more. Really sucks cuz we really wanted BWI but there was zero availability for my dates. Booked BC CL for now. Based on online vs visa there was no difference in price for the room. Hoping for AP discounts!

So calling got me nothing more. Really sucks cuz we really wanted BWI but there was zero availability for my dates. Booked BC CL for now. Based on online vs visa there was no difference in price for the room. Hoping for AP discounts!

I just bought my AP last week, so I'm also wondering what the AP discounts will be like. Never had the opportunity to try for one before.

Interesting. I inquired about the VISA discount on BC and was told nothing but Club Level available. I assume the dates of travel is the difference?
I'm sure that it was the dates. When I looked for a different date there was nothing available. In Fact, I was shocked I got standard view. That never seems to be available, even at full price.

I called twice, we have POR rack rate preferred which is coming up cheaper than some of the deals (3 nights) with dining and tickets, along with 6 nights at GF in an outer building under a discount that no one seems to be able to find the name of (and I called twice) but it's basically the same price as rack rate at WL in a courtyard room. It's fine with me!

I'm sure that it was the dates. When I looked for a different date there was nothing available. In Fact, I was shocked I got standard view. That never seems to be available, even at full price.
I was on the phone with the lady and she gave me a rate for lagoon/pool non cL then when she went to book it wasn't available anymore and she found the CL rate. System is doing weird things even for them!

Well, I made changes online & then called to apply the disney visa discount.
We did have WL standard view originally booked, but due to that room being blocked from discounts, I switched.
I contemplated 2 options:
-Upgrading to WL courtyard view for a total of $16 more (Gift of Magic disc) CM said Visa disc doesn't apply to WL
-Switching to AKL pool view/bunk beds which saves us $666 (this includes Gift of Magic & Disney Visa disc)

So i switched to AKL. We usually stay at AKL anyway. DH wanted to try a new resort which is why we booked WL, but he said he was ok with switching for the savings.
MDE still says WL though, so I keep checking it to make sure the ressie was changed correctly.

Just got off the phone and was told that the Visa discount and the Fun-filled Escape are the same discount. The Visa let you gets rooms that may not be available with the other offer.

I don't see the fun-filled escape listed on the website.

BTW, it says SPD is for stays of 5 nights and up, but I got it for a 3 night stay as well as an 8 night stay.

Had a split stay: 4 nights at ASMovies standard and 2 at POR garden. Was able to switch online to ASMusic standard and AKL standard for only $40 more. Totally happy with that. Going to try calling later to see if I can get a the card promo added.

Called this morning and CM told me there were no separate discounts for Disney Visa. Went on line and booked Gift of Magic room offer at All Star Sports 3/3-3/9 for $873 (15% off). Just called and asked about Disney Visa discount again. She was able to rebook me with that discount for savings of $100. Total discount 25%.

I called twice, we have POR rack rate preferred which is coming up cheaper than some of the deals (3 nights) with dining and tickets, along with 6 nights at GF in an outer building under a discount that no one seems to be able to find the name of (and I called twice) but it's basically the same price as rack rate at WL in a courtyard room. It's fine with me!
I'm seeing the rack rate and the room only discount rate at POR are the same price for my dates! POR is supposed to be eligible, so I don't understand why?? Anyone else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter