January Exercise Challenge - First Things First!

I've been shooting for 1000 minutes each month and keep falling short. I thinkthat I'm going to go with a goal that should be attainable and then try to slowly build from there.

Are the colder temps killing anyone else? These negative zero temps make it really hard to get out and get moving.

Goal: 800 minutes.

Are the colder temps killing anyone else? These negative zero temps make it really hard to get out and get moving.

Negative?!?! It's in the 50's here, and I'm having trouble bending my fingers enough to hold a toothbrush! Just more proof that Jimmy Buffett was right ... I gotta go where it's WARM! :D

50/2200 Thanks!

***30 min on the AMT (brutal), and 20 min (1.77 miles) on the tm.

Happy Healthy Active New Year everyone!

I'm in for 800. Hoping for a healthy new year!

So got my tired self up & to the gym. Ran 4 miles and some weight stuff

60/800

My first time here...
I'll try for 750 (low compared to the rest of you, but starting from 0, that is a lot for me )

started today:
30/750
30 minutes with Wii game (Jillian Michaels)

Welcome everybody!!! wiigirl, Lexiesmom, tinkgirl2007, pixiemama91, appleorchard, disneybelle99, luvpoohandcompany, tjaleks, superme80, Mary*Poppins - glad to have you on board. It doesn't matter whether your goal is big or small - we're not here to judge or compete with each other, simply to help motivate and track...:cheer2:

MRS AR - yes! I was getting teary-eyed very near the end, thinking "holy cow, I actually did this thing!" but then my kids and sister were waiting just before the finish line and cheering for me and telling me to finish strong, so I just hauled my old tush as quick as I could over the line and no more tears!!! It was a wonderful feeling of accomplishment :yay: Finish time 3:04

First page updated thru this post - good job those of you who've already done your exercise for the day and already reported in! You're motivating me to get out of my bathrobe and WALK!!!!

I sat out December, but I"d like to be added again for January!

Setting 1400 as a goal again, but I'm hoping I'll pass it. We'll see.

Thanks!

Go ahead and add 50 mins for today, so I'm currently at
50/1400.

What a great idea! :) Please put me down for 1000 minutes.

30/1000
30 min. of running today to start the new year off right!

Ok, I'm in again this month but I'm gonna try something just as little different. I have been running consistently several times a week for the last two years and plan to keep it up. I have two halfs coming up, so I'm pretty sure I won't slack off. I definitely need to step it up and lose some pounds in 2014 and I am excited to change things up w a new exercise regimen in march when the races are over. But for now, my major New Years resolution is helping my DH put himself first sometimes and get more exercise. (Like - any). He works long hours and has put his own exercise on the back burner while I've trained for several races.

So this month, put me down for 1500 minutes, but I'm going to count both my exercise min and my DH's. (he's not on the DIS). I hope that's ok with everyone. I have no idea where we will end up, but I'm excited to see! DH and I used to work out a lot together before having kids. Now it's a juggling act we haven't seemed to master.

I am in. Low goal of 500 until I can figure out a routine. :banana::banana:

I, too, am going from zero to something, so I plan to shoot for 500 this month. I will increase by at least half each month until the weather breaks here in the FROZEN TUNDRA.

Ok, I am in for 900 again! Started with 10 minutes of well girl monthly challenge exercises. More to come...

10/900

Hi! I would like to join again after several years away. I am setting my goal at 1500 minutes. I got up early and walked on the treadmill today and am at 69/1500!
Thanks!

it was over 10 degrees today (up to 13!) so I went snowshoeing for a little bit. The snow wasn't great snowshoeing snow, but the woods were beautiful.

39/800

Officially became a Wal-Mart walker today. Apparently, I forgot to tell DH before we left what my intent was. He flat out refused. 30/1000

Starting slow, but at least I started! 18 minutes of yoga.

18/900

I've been shooting for 1000 minutes each month and keep falling short. I think that I'm going to go with a goal that should be attainable and then try to slowly build from there.

Goal: 800 minutes.

I will repeat...I am not a cold weather girl :rotfl2: It was warm today (19) but we have a winter weather advisory for lake effect snow (off lake Erie) and a wind chill advisory for tomorrow into Friday with wind chills expected to be -10 to -15. :headache:
It makes me want to never leave the house!

Negative?!?! It's in the 50's here, and I'm having trouble bending my fingers enough to hold a toothbrush! Just more proof that Jimmy Buffett was right ... I gotta go where it's WARM! :D

50 sounds wonderful! I would probably be out running in shorts and a tank top!

Officially became a Wal-Mart walker today. Apparently, I forgot to tell DH before we left what my intent was. He flat out refused. 30/1000

:rotfl2: My DH refuses to go to Walmart at all...ever!

it was over 10 degrees today (up to 13!) so I went snowshoeing for a little bit. The snow wasn't great snowshoeing snow, but the woods were beautiful.

39/800

Heat wave! I hope it warms up a bit more for you :)

27/1000

Went for a New Year's run. Sad that I am not in shape like I was in October :sad2: But, I am back on track.

Starting off the year on the right foot at least....

45 min run plus 25 min of abs and arm work.

70/1500

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter