January Crowd Calendars / Parks - Touring Plans & Easy WDW not agreeing

Kari-B

Mouseketeer
Our trip is January 24th - February 2nd. I am looking at both Touring Plans and Easy WDW. They are totally different on crowd predictions and several park suggestions. How do I figure out what to go by? I'm really curious as to how Touring Plans can rate a day a 6 and Easy WDW is a 2. Any advice, tips, past experience? Thanks!

Crowd predictions are kind of like predicting the weather.

Anything farther than 3 days out is just an educated GUESS based on last years OBSERVATION.

since Disney doesn't post park attendance numbers, it's all about what they saw last year. One web sites observer may have thought it was a 2 last year, while the other thought it was a 6. They log the numbers and use them for the next year.

Just plan on it being an 11, and be happy if it is less. Go in expecting the worst, and be surprised when its not that bad.

I don't use TP so I can't speak for its accuracy, but I really like Josh's explanations and have found him to be pretty much dead on most of the time. I think he and TP calculate things like EMH a little differently, so that probably accounts for the difference. I'd suggest reading Josh's detailed explanation for the dates you're looking at - they might help you understand the situation a little better.

Thanks for your responses! I'm leaning towards going with Easy WDW's park suggestions, just because he gives his explanation for why. Anybody else happen to have seen what a parks look like when the two sites disagree?

Listen to Josh (Easy WDW). His predictions are perfect. I listen to them everytime I go to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter