January 8, 2011 - 7 Night Western Caribbean Sailing

We started crusing with DCL when DD was 3 & DS was 5. He has always worn a suit with tie on semi formal & formal nights with a tux on the PC repo cruise. He wears khakis & short-sleeved shirts both button down & polo on the other nights.

Well, unfortunately I haven't purchased a Tux for my DS 11, I am hoping that his black suit and tie will be sufficient, if the cruise did rentals for children I would rent before buying.

Personally I don't think it makes economical sense to buy him a new Tuxedo every 6 months! The kid only grows when he has to put his last suit on... :confused:

:confused3DW is all freakin' out about how to dress the boys (DS6 & DS4) for dinner?!? Do we need to bring jackets for them or will polos/button down shirts and pants be sufficient?!?:confused3

25 Days til da' Boat Leaves!!:cool1:

I personally think little guys look so cute in ties...especially if you can find Disney ties ( I bought a lot of 5 on Craigslist last year for 7 dollars so I am set for life) but I would think any shirt short or long sleeve shirt with a tie will be just fine..if no tie then I think a long sleeve might be best?...but really I would not want to make any child uncomfortable....our kids are not used to dressing up so if it is stressful I would not force it...if they rather like it then hey go for it! There will be kids and people at all different levels of dressed up so he/she should not feel uncomfortable. I would pack a bring a variety of things if you can because once on board they may want to dress similar to ther new friends. The shops usually have a few ties etc for last minute buying. Not sure how much they have for kids...

So I called to see which movies would be playing on our sailing. The CM gave me a list, but suggest I call back next week to double check cause there was a note in her system saying some may change.

Tron 3D
Up
Princess & the Frog
Alice in Wonderland 3D
Last Song
You Again
Tangled
Toy Story 3D
Sorcerers Apprentice
Step Up 3D

I will keep you all posted once I check back with them.

Well, unfortunately I haven't purchased a Tux for my DS 11, I am hoping that his black suit and tie will be sufficient, if the cruise did rentals for children I would rent before buying.

Personally I don't think it makes economical sense to buy him a new Tuxedo every 6 months! The kid only grows when he has to put his last suit on... :confused:

The guys all did tuxes on the repo cruise because we all had to fly to CA and we were trying to save space in the luggage. I rented DH a tux that he wore on the 3 formal nights & found one for DS on ebay for $35 shipped. They will both be in their suits this cruise because we are driving and don't have to worry about how much we pack.

Just got a great code and saved about 1/2 the cost of our suite..anyone else staying there? country inn i meant!!! GEESH

Just got a great code and saved about 1/2 the cost of our suite..anyone else staying there? country inn i meant!!! GEESH

That's the last piece of the puzzle for us. Booking a room there for Friday night is at the top of my to-do list today!

I was wondering what movies would be playing on our cruise too. Thanks for the sharing the info.

Lori

Tips on what to bring for 3 kids?
I'm pregnant and have a limited wardrobe... is Palo super formal?
Grand Cayman ideas for the day? We haven't scheduled anything!
We don't know where to stay the night BEFORE the cruise!
Help!! :0)

Tips on what to bring for 3 kids?
I'm pregnant and have a limited wardrobe... is Palo super formal?
Grand Cayman ideas for the day? We haven't scheduled anything!
We don't know where to stay the night BEFORE the cruise!
Help!! :0)

Welcome Gia, We have a Facbook page and somone will get you in there if you want. There are already some tips etc there..
There is a packing list on the boards here and here is the link to that.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=935094&highlight=packing+list
I have never brought kids on board but I would bring the same things you mightthink of bringing camping..ie Tylenol, bug spray, band aids, extra undies and swimsuits etc.
Palo is not that formal. If you and your ? husband we shall assume for now want to wear the minimum then I would say shirt and tie ( a Mickey tie is fine does not need to be super fancy) a jacket or nice sweater...and for you a dressy top with slacks, leggings or sundress is fine...just no jeans, polos ( except at brunch nice polos are ok but still no jeans)obviously no swimwear, tshirts.so basically what you might wear to the office if you worked in a city or dressier is fine too.
Grand Cayman I will let someone else comment ..I know there are fun things for kids there..depending on their ages?????
Best places to stay are probably Raddisson, Country Inn and Suites, Marriott and Ron Jon. Let us know if you need more....we love to share!

Thanks newbydisney!

I am going to check those hotels right now. What about transportation of luggage to the cruise since we are flying the day before? I keep hearing about how Disney will take your luggage to your room but, we aren't staying in a Disney hotel the night before.

Would love more suggestions for port adventures... we haven't booked anything except Palo!!

I'm excited! The kids don't know and I want to tell them so bad!

Thanks newbydisney!

I am going to check those hotels right now. What about transportation of luggage to the cruise since we are flying the day before? I keep hearing about how Disney will take your luggage to your room but, we aren't staying in a Disney hotel the night before.

Would love more suggestions for port adventures... we haven't booked anything except Palo!!

We bought tickets for the trolley tour in Key west on line and save$$$ We also did the same for the turtle farm in Grand Cayman (Boatswain's) Our kids are 4 and almost 2 (will be 2 , two weeks after the cruise) and this is what we thought would be good for us and them. MIL is going to stay on the boat with the kids in Cozumel and we are doing some tour type thing . I can't remember which one DH booked that one I did the others.
As far as hotels, a lot of them (including the one we are staying at) offer free transportation so you would have to get your bags off and hand them to a porter but otherwise not much handling

Thanks newbydisney!

I am not sure how you are getting to Port Canaveral?..if you are renting a car then your hubbyy can drop you and the luggage at the port, go return the car and then the car rental shuttle will bring him back to the ship. If you will have turned in the car the night before then the hotel shuttle will bring you and all your stuff to the Port and a Porter will help you from there. Aternatively you can all go turn the car in and then schlep all the stuff in the car rental van and go to the Port, but that IMHO the least best way to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter