January 8, 2011 - 7 Night Western Caribbean Sailing

Am I the only person who hasn't gotten anything yet?

I want to do the happy docs dance too! :cool1:

We have no Cruise documents yet!!!! I do have my Magical Express Tags for the Land part of my trip though!

I have been in January many times. Sometimes we go swimming and sometimes we wear gloves! You never know!!

tapia, Sandie is going to be in the USA for almost a month. some of her travels have her in our colder areas and not just FL. the temps in FL this week were only in the mid 40's. I have long sleeve t-shirts for the kids and will pack a couple pair of pants for us all. just in case.
Laura good call on Burlington. I know we had them up here just didn't know about FL. We got the kids winter coats from there this year and they were about $10 cheaper each.

Are you serious I will need a winter coat? Is it that cold down there???

It is right now! We always take sweatshirts & coats to the parks in December/January. We might be able to enjoy t-shirts & jeans during the day but it can get chilly.

Doing the DOC dance in NC too!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I got my travel docs and luggage tags and $23 refund. It has been a great week :goodvibes

I was out of town this week but DW told me our luggage tags and informtion book arrived Monday. I only returned a few hours ago (on a redeye flight) so I haven't had time to do more than glance at what was sent.

However, now that I've returned home I can begin to start preliminary packing....I'm excited!!!

Does anyone plan on going to the Art Auction? I've heard that items are cheaper but delivery times are a headache...

Is anyone else planning to do the Cozumel Bar Hop tour? I sent an email a couple of days ago to the organzier but haven't heard back yet. Just wondering if anyone else has already booked it. It sounds like a lot of fun, with a chance to see the less visited Eastern side of the island.

Is anyone else planning to do the Cozumel Bar Hop tour? I sent an email a couple of days ago to the organzier but haven't heard back yet. Just wondering if anyone else has already booked it. It sounds like a lot of fun, with a chance to see the less visited Eastern side of the island.

I have actually never heard of this excusion David. We don;t drink much so we are going to Chanknaab Park..and then maybe lunch at Pancho's per Laura's suggestion.

I have actually never heard of this excusion David. We don;t drink much so we are going to Chanknaab Park..and then maybe lunch at Pancho's per Laura's suggestion.

Lol! We don't drink much either but people rave about this tour. We may go to Pancho's too. That was a great suggestion. What do you have planned for Grand Cayman? We are playing that by ear and might just take a cab to 7 Mile Beach.

Lol! We don't drink much either but people rave about this tour. We may go to Pancho's too. That was a great suggestion. What do you have planned for Grand Cayman? We are playing that by ear and might just take a cab to 7 Mile Beach.

We are doing the Stingray Sailing I am not sure if I can post the link here..:stingraysailing.com ..we booked this last year but it was too windy. They met us right at the ship to let us know and we were promptly refunded...they were very nice so we booked again with them. Since that cancelled we caught a cab to 7 mile beach which was beautiful..but very windy we walked a long ways around the island on the beach away from the direction of the ship and the weather was better the further we got. However we had already paid for our chairs etc at Seven Mile Beach, which was expensive and crowded despite the weather. There are many hotels along this area and probably they offer a day use pass.. I know the Westin does for sure...some were very very nice....this time after the Stingray excursion and/or if its cancelled we would just get a cab to the Marriott which is at the end of the Beach closest to the ship so its a quick ride..they have a day fee and my husband is a member anyway..they had everything there you could want at reasonable rates. PM me if you are interested in joining us. ( we are adults ..no kids)

Does anyone plan on going to the Art Auction? I've heard that items are cheaper but delivery times are a headache...

If I was going to buy "Disney" art I would buy it on Craigslist....honestly a lot of people seem to buy it and then do not want it and you can pick up some real bargains when they tire of it and realize they paid way too much..
having said that I do think some of the pieces are beautiful...but way over priced IMHO

Thanks for the coat advice!

We have a luggage allowance of 8 checked bags but I was hoping to take only two (but come home with eight!) but needing to take winter and summer clothes may spread us out to 3 suitcases.

I should be packing now but I am avoiding it as much as I can!

I have read on other boards that you can buy a spray that takes wrinkles out of your clothing - can anyone tell me what its called and where I can get it?

Sandie

DW was just telling me about it when we were trying to calculate our dry cleaning costs! It looks like we are going to occupy their staff for at least a day!!!! Its called Wrinkle Out or something like that...

I think I am going to go to the Art Auction, maybe my son and I can keep an eye on the auction while having a game of chess?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter