JANUARY 5th 2008

I just checked the disneycruise site--we got our cabin assignment! It's way aft on deck 5. It's nice to know we'll have a place to hang our hats (or swimsuits).

pixiedust: We found out Friday that our group (two families) have been upgraded from our category 12 GTY's to category 9 connecting staterooms on deck 2! :goodvibes YEAH! We are SO excited! Wishing pixie dust to everyone!! pixiedust:

Dandylion
We lived in Saugus for 10 years
AFt deck 5 is where we always request. We love the relative quiet and the closeness to everything we want to do.
::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with any of the people who rent horses for riding at either island on this cruise? I love riding, my husband hates it but my 7 year old says he wants to go, if I can find a reliable one. Any voice of experience on this one? :yay:

Congrats on the upgrades you two. Since we are in a Family room, the only upgrade available is a one room suite & I doubt they will give us that. :santa:

We are getting closer! I keep hesitating going all out with Christmas decorations & lights knowing that I should probably take them down before we leave for the cruise.

Later!

Dandylion
We lived in Saugus for 10 years
AFt deck 5 is where we always request. We love the relative quiet and the closeness to everything we want to do.
::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

We're aft of the aft elevators! On most ships I've been on, aft is nice because the elevators are not crowded. On Magic, I think I'll like the ease of getting to the beverage station.

I'm on the Canyon Country side of town.

Hello, 1/5/08 cruisers :wave2: -

There is a thread going right now

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1627762

for people wanting to pass on items such as over the door hangers, pails & shovels, unopened snacks/water, etc... to people on the following cruises.

We currently have someone on the cruise prior to yours looking for someone to leave items to. If you are interested, please respond on that thread. I will add the first person who responds...

You guys are getting close!!! pixiedust:

Julie

Wow, Tinkytinkmom ... connecting oceanviews! That was really nice of Disney to go to the work of keeping your group together (and good rooms too).

Our room is on deck 7 near mid-elevators ... perfect location for getting anywhere easily.

It snowed here today, and school was cancelled, so I spent all day checking out Disney cruise info online. I am so excited!

Spoke to my TA yesterday and she said our docs were printed and were being processed for mailing. Folks should expect to get their docs shortly.

Hi Sue!!

I know I read a review somewhere on the horses at one place and they said it was nice ...I can go try to find that again if you have not found anything. 7 yrs old is pretty young and may be too young for the riding, they tend to have older age limits I have noticed. If you need someone to go with I would go with you if we can schedule around other activities...let me know !!

Has anyone given any thought to what we might do so we can all recognize and identify one another??..I picked up some Mickey Heads as I have read that this is done frequently..any ideas?..we seem to be a pretty small group compared to other threads...

thanks for the update on the docs !! I was getting worried...and

I had a scare last night when I checked my cruise ressie and it said we were in stateroom 6500....which is a category 8...technically an upgrade ( we got a secret porthole room on deck 5) but as you know 5020 and 5520 were Cat 8 and were downgraded....this supposed upgrade to room 6500 meant we had a handicapped room ...it has only one bed in it to allow for wheelchairs and walkers ..NO OTHER FURNITURE!!..it has no split bath and no tub and the shower is basically the entire bathroom ...water everywhere is my understanding......yikes!! I emailed Dreams Unlimited and they would have gotten it fixed right away ...however it had already been switched ..Disney said I had requested it to be fixed back to my original room ...but I did not ..so I don't know how it happened to get switched back ...but be sure to check your stateroom assignments frequently!!

Has this happened to anyone else I wonder?

I found a place from another posting on DIS. Bayside Riding Club in St. Martin. I was VERY excited with the rides they offer right on the beach & DS was barely old enough @ 7 yrs old. But I am ashamed to say for my height 5'7", I cannot ride as I need to lose about 10lbs :eek: before we get there. Their reasoning is that "Because of the cost of keeping horses on the island we use smaller horses which cannot carry as much weight." In case anyone else is interested:
BEACH RIDE - RIDER WEIGHT LIMITS:
Men: 5'7" to 5'9" - 190 lbs / 5'10" to 6' - 200 lbs / 6'1" to 6'3" - 220 lbs / 6'4" to 6'6" - 230 lbs
Ladies: 5'5" to 5'7" - 165 lbs / 5'8" to 5'10" - 175 lbs / 5'11" to 6' - 185 lbs

Maybe DS & I will get a ride in @ Fort Wilderness!

Later,
Sue

well Sue its just that we are a little too short ...thats all...their chart is silly ...for some reason as long as you are taller you can weigh more .??..like the horse will be more understanding of your weight if you are tall?..I am an accomplished horsewoman and I can tell you this is not true...most horses and even ponies can carry a 250 pound person easily and most even more....I can understand them wanting to limit the weight the horses carry ..makes sense easier on the horse ...but they are not doing that ...silly ...ahhh well I planned on losing tons of weight before this cruise ..hmmmm not much time left ..haven't lost an ounce,,getting hungry just thinking about it!!

Yea, I thought I would lose a few before pulling my bathing suit on again but Halloween always does me in. We never seem to get enough Trick or Treaters here to take all the candy I buy away! :rolleyes1: I have also ridden for a number of years (not many lately though) and was surprised but I was reading comments from people about how scrawny the horses look on St. Martin that are for rent on the beach. I'm sure it is cheaper to ship smaller horses and it says something about them being some "rescue" horses as well. Unless I find another suggestion, I will pass on my dream of cantering across the white sands.....This Time!
Off to get some sleep,
Sue

hey maleficent909TL!
I am Austin C. and going to be 13 when I am on the cruise. I am also a band geek:thumbsup2 I play the alto sax in the concert band and the drum set in Jazz band.:woohoo:
What do you play?:banana:

Also, my big brother Mitchell is going and he is 15. He is turning 16 about a week after the cruise.

Woo hoo! Band geeks rule! I'm in the flag corp for marching shows, but I play the flute in parades and concert season.

Yeah, I'll be turning 16 the week after the cruise.

And as for us having something to wear to meet up, I think that's a cool idea! What should it be, though? I love the idea of knowing some people on that huge boat.

We're on deck 6, room 6100. I don't get very well informed as to stuff on the cruise, so that's about the extent of my information.

I can't wait!

Well, it's a sign that the cruise is getting ever so closer! Some of our travel documents arrived today! I say some because out of three reservations, we received two sets of docs. Hopefully, the last set will arrive tomorrow! Anyone else get them yet?

Well, it's a sign that the cruise is getting ever so closer! Some of our travel documents arrived today! I say some because out of three reservations, we received two sets of docs. Hopefully, the last set will arrive tomorrow! Anyone else get them yet?

Mine will be here tomorrow according to the tracking #s.

My cruise documents came on Wednesday! :dance3:

This is soooo exciting!! :banana:

Only a couple weeks till we are all sailing together with Mickey!! :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter