JANUARY 5th 2008

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! One more holiday to go (two I guess if you count New Years...) and then it's cruise time!

I want to know what tours everyone is planning on doing (and this thread is a little dead, so I wanted to get some chatter going ;)). We're doing a private tour on St. Martin with No Rush Tours. On St. John we'll be doing the Eco Hike, and if we have time we'll do a little sightseeing on our own on St. Thomas afterwards. Right now we haven't got anything booked for Castaway Cay. How bout everyone else?

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! One more holiday to go (two I guess if you count New Years...) and then it's cruise time!

I want to know what tours everyone is planning on doing (and this thread is a little dead, so I wanted to get some chatter going ;)). We're doing a private tour on St. Martin with No Rush Tours. On St. John we'll be doing the Eco Hike, and if we have time we'll do a little sightseeing on our own on St. Thomas afterwards. Right now we haven't got anything booked for Castaway Cay. How bout everyone else?

On St. Thomas, we're doing the Doubloon Sail and Snorkel, and then probably running around on our own afterwards, and at St. Maarten, I'm not doing anything but my dad and my grandma are doing the 12 metre regatta. At CC a few of us are going parasailing (including my 81 yr old grandma). There are a few people in our group who are doing some other excursions, but those escape me at the moment.

40 days!!!

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to all as well! Laura - we did the Eco Hike on St. John 3 years ago and LOVED it! Just beautiful.....and Honeymoon Beach was heaven on earth. We're going to rent a van or SUV of some sort to just do whatever on St. Martin....definitely heading to Marigot for part of the day. No plans for St. Thomas yet and on Castaway Cay, DH, DS15 and I are parasailing. :scared: DH and DS15 like snorkling, so I'm sure they'll be doing that on CC as well. DS13 is too much of a social butterfly (can you call boys that??) to be tied down to plans....ha! Time is speeding by here, thank goodness!:woohoo:

That's awesome to hear about the Eco hike, cantsitstill! We were really torn between that or something that went to Trunk Bay, but I'm hoping we'll be happy with our decision!

We decided to head down to Disney for a day before the cruise. We were going to fly in early Saturday morning in order to avoid even more missed work, but I was already getting nervous about flying in day of, so we decided to just fly in earlier. We didn't want to fly in super late Friday night, and since flying in during the day on Friday would mean missing a day of work anyway, we figured that we might as well fly in Thursday night (or at least that was my rationalization...). So, we'll have Friday at Disney :woohoo: I'm excited to get more use of our annual passes before they expire, even if it's just a day :rotfl: Yay!

Hope everyone had a great T-day weekend. We are planning on going to Marigot, the semi-submarine and then walk around town at St. Maarten. At St. John I will be playing golf while the rest of the family hang out at Coral World. So far at CC I think we have the walk/kayak tour and jet ski tour.

I think we are planning the 12 metre regatta for St. Martin and Trunk Bay/snorkeling for St. Johns...if I am remembering correctly....I was kind of questioning if it is really warm enough to plan on snorkleing???....CC...I didn't make any ressies yet .. I think we will go for the jet skiing tour....I should probably reserve that...I hope its hot or at least warm enough to swim

Does anyone plan on wearing/displaying Mickey Heads or some other form of ID so we can meet one another ???...and thanks for getting this going Laura...it was pretty quiet...I was starting to wonder if the ship was going to be half empty ...but I think it is sold out.....it won't be long now......

I have reserved an "Illuminations" cruise for the 4th, the night before we cruise. Newby is coming with us and I may have five other spots if anyone is interested. Just send me a PM and I will let you know.
Christine and Jack

There is 8 of us going on the January 5th 2008, 4 day cruise. :hippie:

??? the cruise leaving January 5th is a 7-day eastern cruise...not a 4-day....if you're on the Wonder, you'll be leaving on the 6th, I believe. Just making sure there's not a misunderstanding here...:)

The Illuminations cruise sounds fun! Hope you guys enjoy it. If we only have one day in Disney, there's no time to waste enjoying fireworks :rotfl:

We booked our room, and we'll be staying at All-Star Sports. I'm a little disappointed, but we won't even be getting in until after midnight on Thursday, so I couldn't see paying for a mod or deluxe. Plus the place is packed because it's the holiday week. Guess that is what I get for changing my mind so late :rolleyes1

I have always wanted to go on one of these and am so grateful to lilofan ( Jack and Christine) for putting this together. I never knew you could go on those boats out in the water during the fireworks. I have seen them but just assumed they were loaded with VIP's or something...I am almost as excited about the Illumniations cruise as the real cruise...it seems like time is going really fast now..its busy at work and the days are flying!!!
I hope if there is room a few other cruisers join us for Illuminations ..sounds fun..

The last time we went to WDW my DH booked us one for my Birthday. It was so cool, especially to sit on a boat with a great view & to see everyone crowded around on shore to get a good view. :3dglasses It was well worth it! Maybe it was one of the few things we have done in redent memory with all 3 of my sons. One is off in college & another about to graduate High School. At least the 7 yr old still doesn't mind to be seen with Mom & Dad.

Enjoy!!

PS Has anyone got their documents in the mail? I thought it was 45 days beforehand? Did I remember wrong or did the Holidays mess us all up?

Later,

Welcome Dandylyon
We took our "adult" children last year and they are all taking cruises on DCL again this year.
Where in So Cal? We live in Huntington Beach.
Christine :MinnieMo :and Jack:MickeyMo

We live in the Santa Clarita Valley--very near the recent fires!

Anyone else in a category 12 GTY cabin? We are booked in one (as well as our friends that are cruising with us) & I keep checking the website daily to see if our cabin has been assigned... I imagine it won't happen for a couple more weeks though...

PS Has anyone got their documents in the mail? I thought it was 45 days beforehand? Did I remember wrong or did the Holidays mess us all up?

Later,

I haven't received them yet. I am not sure exactly when they are suppose to come, but I think it is 2-4 weeks before the cruise depending on how quickly your travel agent gets them to you. I am anxiously awaiting them!

Only 5 weeks to go!!!

We got our Magical Express vouchers. I guess we will get everything else later. We figured we would take that from the airport to SSR. The plan after that is to rent a car to get to the port but that will be after a few days @ WDW! I am sooooo excited. But then DH just announced that he will be taking a few days off so we can drive down to Disneyland to see the Holiday decorations and celebrations on the 19th. I am so happy I found him. :love: Plus we booked ourselves the Holiday Tour they run. :wizard: So I am distracted with making sure that trip goes well. Time will be flying faster that Tinkerbelle!
Later:cloud9:

It's nice to see everyone back and posting again. We are reaching the final month, and with Christmas around the corner, the cruise will be here before we know it.

Excursions:
St. Thomas/St. John -Trunk Bay tour by taxi
St. Maarten - Lotterie Hidden Forest Hike.
Castaway Cay - Banana Boats 1:00 pm, Stingray Adventure 3:00 pm

We are flying in 2 days before and staying at a hotel on the beach in Cape Canaveral.

Originally Posted by SweetAngel
My kids and I have decided we are going to try and get a picture with all the characters. How hard do you think that will be?

Originally Posted by Dandylyon
Not as hard as paying for all those pics!

Hehe. That would be a fortune. They will let you take your own pictures, right?

I can't wait! :hourglass

So we booked another cruise today after 2009 dates were released :goodvibes Hopefully we can rebook onboard and get a good deal. That means I now have three vacations being planned at once... I think my husband might kill me :rotfl:

In other news, apparently there's a huge scandal going on at the moment with our private tour guide for St. Maarten. We're trying to find someone else to book with. Hopefully we can, although at this late date I'm not super hopeful. We may end up having to do something on our own :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter