JANUARY 5th 2008

Wow - we're getting so excited! With the holidays coming up, the cruise is going to be here before we know it! :banana:
We got Palo dinner ressies for Monday night & booked the Doubloon Sail & Snorkel in St. Thomas for hubby and I... I think the plan is just to go to Great Bay Beach in St. Maarten, and snorkel/bike at CC. This is our second Disney cruise, and our friend's first, so we can't wait to show them around! :yay:

Welcome aboard Oihane! :welcome:

It will be a wonderful trip for your grandmother. I tried to bring my GM along but her doctor was too concerned about her health. It made us both cry when he told her, "No!"

Who all is coming along in your group of 10? Do you have any kids? My son and daughter are anxious to see if there is anyone their age on board. (9 and 11)

We are also staying at Cocoa Beach the 2 nights before. Last night I booked a hotel right on the beach. :beach:

Our rental car from Thrifty is only about $30 a day one way drop off from Orlando to Port Canaveral and free shuttle to the ship. That really beats the cost of the Disney bus and gives us a car to get around in while we are at the hotel. :car:

I am way too excited! I think I am driving my family nuts with all my talk about this cruise!

Now off to book my final post-cruise hotel at the airport (for that 7:25am flight home Sunday). :dumbo:

I thought there was quite a few folks on this thread from SO Cal..please check in and let us know how you are doing....I am in Seattle but my horse was in Valley Center on Paradise Mountain so I have been following the situation closely...hope everyone is ok

I keep reading that the water temp in the Bahamas will be cold in January. :sad2:

I rescheduled my banana boat adventure on Castaway Cay for 1:00 pm, hoping that afternoon sun will make it a little warmer.

Hello, peoples! Our family is going on this cruise also. We're celebrating a chain of birthdays: I'll be 16, my aunt 60, and my mother 40. There's also my Dad, two brothers, a sister, my uncle, four cousins, and hopefully another aunt. It'll be our first cruise!! :cool1:

We're staying in Disney World from New Year's until it's time to board the ship. It'll be my - um - 21st time at Disney World, but first time cruising.

The kids on this cruise are aged me and my aunt (16), my sister and cousin (13), my brother (10), other one (7), and the youngest cousin, 6. If anyone knows of people my age coming, info is appreciated!

Welcome to you Maleficent and your family,

I'm sure you will enjoy cruising. There is really nothing else like it.

My son, age 9, would probably get along well with your brothers. Do you think your brothers will be attending Oceaneer's Lab (Kids' club)? My son plans on being in there a lot.

It seems there are few girls my daughter's age, 11, onboard. She wishes she was a teen. She wants to go to the Stack (teen room) so badly.

Yeah, that's all my sister has been looking forward to. My brothers will probably be in the Oceaneer's Club a lot. Experimenting like that will be a ball for them.

I can't say that I've ever seen anyone use silly string on a cruise ... but the morning we set sail on Liberty, my DBIL shot me with silly string in the hotel room. It was my birthday. :goodvibes

Hi all! I just booked this cruise on Oct. 31! We're in a Cat. 6 GTY, so I don't know where we'll be yet. This is our first Disney cruise, though we've been on a few other cruises over the past few years.

It's me, my DH, and my daughter. She's 19--we couldn't afford to do this when she was younger, so we're doing it now.

Next year will be the whole Orlando experience.

Welcome to our group Dandylyon! :yay:
Nice to have you onboard.

It's our first Disney cruise too.
I have done so much research on the ship now that I feel like an expert.

Can't wait to go.

Hey everyone, here's a question:
Why did you all choose Disney? pluto:

Welcome Dandylyon
We took our "adult" children last year and they are all taking cruises on DCL again this year.
Where in So Cal? We live in Huntington Beach.
Christine :MinnieMo :and Jack:MickeyMo

many reasons...mainly I trust the Disney product....someday I might have grandchildren so I am doing research now just in case...it was easy booking etc thru Dreams Unlimited is very easy and they are nice ..no hard sell.....we may buy DVC...and the ship was going where we wanted to go ...sort of ..which is to say at least we had heard of the places..!!

Thanks for the reply, Newbydisney! :thumbsup2

As I had written, my little girl was the one who found this cruise, and the price was low (for Disney).

These were my other reasons for choosing this Disney cruise over any other:

#1) Rotational Dining: This is what I am most looking forward to. I think it is an awesome idea to keep the same waiters while you go to a new restaurant each night. I love how the restaurants are themed and how the foods served match the theme. Very clever! :dance3:

#2) Activities: The Sail-Away Party and Pirate Night (with fireworks!) pirate: ... gigantic rooms dedicated to kids' activities ... 15 hours daily of kids' club programming ... family activities and adult activities all day long too!

#3) The Magic of Disney: :earsboy: There is nothing like Disney -- I want my children to experience the magic while they are still young enough to be awed by such things. This includes seeing the characters, the ship's musical horn, the Disney shows, and the famous Disney service with a smile.

Our main reason for chosing Disney is the trust in Disney to safely entertain my 7 yr old son. ;>) We are looking forward to being a "couple" for some part of our trip. Then there is the fact that we are Disney fans & new DVC members.

Is anyone else wishing that the holidays were over & done with? :rolleyes1: So we can get our cruise going? I typically love the holidays but this year I am finding I want them behind me. How bad is that? :santa:

To throw this out my son can't wait to meet some kids his own age. He talks about this trip just about every day. So anyone with another 7 yr old, he will be impatiently waiting for you! :yay:

Welcome aboard Oihane! :welcome:

It will be a wonderful trip for your grandmother. I tried to bring my GM along but her doctor was too concerned about her health. It made us both cry when he told her, "No!"

Who all is coming along in your group of 10? Do you have any kids? My son and daughter are anxious to see if there is anyone their age on board. (9 and 11)

We are also staying at Cocoa Beach the 2 nights before. Last night I booked a hotel right on the beach. :beach:

Our rental car from Thrifty is only about $30 a day one way drop off from Orlando to Port Canaveral and free shuttle to the ship. That really beats the cost of the Disney bus and gives us a car to get around in while we are at the hotel. :car:

I am way too excited! I think I am driving my family nuts with all my talk about this cruise!

Now off to book my final post-cruise hotel at the airport (for that 7:25am flight home Sunday). :dumbo:

Thanks for the welcome! :) And no, we don't have any kids with us. youngest person will be like, 20 or something, lol.

And we chose disney because my aunt's family went on a couple disney cruises before, and got us to go on a couple with them, a 3-day on the wonder and a 4-day on the magic, and we loved them. Although we don't have kids, we just love the disney ships. Which is weird cause I'm not a huge fan of WDW (blasphemy, I know)...it's a little TOO much disney for me. But I love the ships cause they're still disney, but they're very elegant and subtle. But yeah...we've always had good experiences with DCL, and though I'd like to try RCCL, I think our favorite will always be DCL...

To throw this out my son can't wait to meet some kids his own age. He talks about this trip just about every day. So anyone with another 7 yr old, he will be impatiently waiting for you! :yay:

My family is anxiously waiting as well. Unfortunatley, our oldest child is only 3.

Wow, we are now in the final 50 days!!! :goodvibes

I'm sure we will all be so busy with all the holiday buzz that the time will be here before we know it!

Sue, my little boy would love to meet your son. He is 9, but he's my baby. Too bad they won't be in the same club. My boy loves to swim, so you will see us at the pool a lot.

Thanks for sharing your reasons for choosing this trip everyone. That helps generate excitement (as if I need any more help, ha).

My kids and I have decided we are going to try and get a picture with all the characters. How hard do you think that will be?

hey maleficent909TL!
I am Austin C. and going to be 13 when I am on the cruise. I am also a band geek:thumbsup2 I play the alto sax in the concert band and the drum set in Jazz band.:woohoo:
What do you play?:banana:

Also, my big brother Mitchell is going and he is 15. He is turning 16 about a week after the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter