JANUARY 5th 2008

Hi Newbydisney
SueTGGR
On transportation, you can rent a car and drop it off at the Port Canaveral--Avis, Budget, and Thrifty are all close to the Port. Drop off one parent, child, and bags at the ship and the other person takes the car to the rental office. All the agencies have shuttles to the ship. They can check in while you drop the car off. That is the cheapest option. There are,also, limo and van services to the Port. They are pricier than rental but cheaper than Disney. The other advantage to renting or limo service is you can get to the ship 2 to 3 hours before the DIsney buses get there. This gives you time to do a little exploring and eat lunch before the lifeboat drill and the sail-away party.
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I think we may be joining everyone...but shh....it's a secret from my DS (9). Anyone else with boys around that age?

By the way, this will be our 3rd cruise, but 1st with Disney. All advice from those experienced with DCL is appreciated!

I'll just sign as.....Mom

(My DS looks at this board and doesn't know my new screen name...isn't it a shame to have to go to such lengths to keep a secret! :wizard: )

Thank you for all the input on transportation. I'm now trying to see if I can get our first two days switched to either BCV or BWV. I'm feeling like SSR will be too far away. We want to get into WDW those first two days. It sounds perfect for the one day afterwards. Nice, quiet, a little distance from the hustle & bustle but close to DTD.

Well, life happens and we have to cancel~! Hubby has to go international on the 7th for work and the date can't be moved. So, we moved our cruise to Thanksgiving going West on the Magic. At least we're still going (and now going a bit earlier!). Guess Santa is going to have to figure out something else this year.

Hi everyone,

I promised if I ever saw the piece about DCL coming up on travel channel, I'd post it (even though I'm not cruising with you all now). Well, anyway....here are the details:
D
isney Cruise Line -- Discover how the Walt Disney Company creates and operates a magical cruise line experience. From the ship's galley to its Broadway-style theater, get a behind-the-scenes look at this operation and the creative genius that put it together. September 9, 9 p.m. Eastern (and other times after that, check local listings).

Thanks to allearsnet!

Karen

Hi everyone!
I'm happy to say that we'll be joining you! :cool1:
This will be our second Disney cruise... We re-booked while on board the 05/05/07 Western, and were supposed to be going on the 05/03/08 Western... But after telling our good friends how WONDERFUL the cruise was, they opted to join us & could only go in January... So (darn!) we were forced to bump up the trip and go in January! I could get used to this cruising thing! :boat:
Our group will include myself, DH, our 3 yr old DD, DF, DF's DH, and their 4 yr old DD and 6 yr old DS. Having one more child than we do, they opted to go for a categoty 12 GTY to save money, so we decided to just go for the same thing. We sailed in a cat 9 on our last cruise, so I'm nervous about not having a window... :tinker: Maybe we'll get some post-holiday pixie dust and receive an upgrade! Anyone else booked in a cat 12 GTY?
Less than 4 months to go!!! :woohoo:

The countdown begins. I got all of my reservations done over the weekend and can just sit back, relax and wait until we leave.

Nice r_loverton. Which excursions are you doing? As the Eastern has 3 at sea days does that mean 3 brunch days?

Kellyski and Tiggery we are on deck 5 too! We will be at the parks 4-5 before and spending the night before sailing at the Port. We can park our car for free at the hotel and get a roundtrip shuttle there! Did this 3 years ago and it worked out great. Plus you can get to the terminal very early and have time to take it all in.

Nice r_loverton. Which excursions are you doing? As the Eastern has 3 at sea days does that mean 3 brunch days?

I think my family is going to Coral World and do some shopping. I plan on playing some golf if the weather permits. Other than that we plan on just relaxing. We will have spent a week at WDW before hand and will probably need the rest.

I only reserved 1 brunch day and one dinner at Palo's. The last time we cruised, we were so full we didn't want to eat so much.

...it looks like this deck has almost the least amount of staterooms and yet it seems most of us on this thread are on Deck 5!!

We decided to go with the Family stateroom so we are on Deck 8.

What are our chances of getting the Dolphin excursions being that we will have to wait to be one the last groups to be able to make our reservations being this is our first cruise with Disney?

Also, I thought you could only make one reservation per stateroom for Palo? Or is it one dinner & one Brunch?

I so need this vacation & can't wait until we get there. :dance3: I usually can't wait for Christmas now I can't wait for it to be over & done with. :santa:

Hi there everyone

I read somewhere you can have one dinner, one brunch and one high tea . We are also first time cruisers so I don't know how good chances would be of getting 3 Palo ressies, ( or even one or two..)..No idea on the Dolphins....

Hi there everyone

I read somewhere you can have one dinner, one brunch and one high tea . We are also first time cruisers so I don't know how good chances would be of getting 3 Palo ressies, ( or even one or two..)..No idea on the Dolphins....

You should have no problems getting one so long as you are flexible with the times. If there isn't anything available when you check in at your ressie opening, just make sure you bolt to the Palo reservations once you get onboard. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter