• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 5-8, 2017; 3-nights of Magic to Castaway Cay

Hi. we are also booked on this cruise. It's myself, DH, DD, DD's boyfriend and cousins. It a short cruise but one sea day and one castaway cay day is the best way to go. Looking forward to the cruise!

ellen

Hi. we are also booked on this cruise. It's myself, DH, DD, DD's boyfriend and cousins. It a short cruise but one sea day and one castaway cay day is the best way to go. Looking forward to the cruise!

ellen

Hi Ellen!
Welcome! Totally agree that a sea day is the best way to go, especially on a short cruise! We just came from another short DCL cruise in Feb and felt that we didn't get enough time to enjoy the ship. We are totally excited to this cruise. Are you interested in participating in an FE exchange?

Hi Rosie,

Last night my DD and I were watching a cable channel, think it's called Destination America. They were repeating shows about the Disney magic and the reimagined Disney magic. got us excited about the cruise. we've sailed several times on the Magic and it's our favorite ship.

I usually participate in the FE but is it worth doing on a 3 night cruise?

Hi Rosie,
I think it really depends on who is cruising. Our last cruise was short as well and we participated in the FE. We weren't originally going to do it, since we booked last minute (a month before sail date.) However, I was able to sign us up with a group that had about 10 cabins. Since it was a short cruise, we got most of the "gifts" the first night. It was pretty exciting for the kids most of all. I think on a shorter cruise, a smaller group would be better, so as not to have to spend the whole cruise "searching." Let me know what your thoughts are...

Last night my DD and I were watching a cable channel, think it's called Destination America. They were repeating shows about the Disney magic and the reimagined Disney magic. got us excited about the cruise. we've sailed several times on the Magic and it's our favorite ship.

I usually participate in the FE but is it worth doing on a 3 night cruise?

Hi all!

DH and I will be sailing with my parents to celebrate my mom's birthday! Can't wait!

Hi! My hubby and 3 sons have booked this as our first cruise. We have read all about FE and we would love to participate. Can someone fill me in on how it works?

Hi! My hubby and 3 sons have booked this as our first cruise. We have read all about FE and we would love to participate. Can someone fill me in on how it works?
Welcome Disneymom734, I am unsure if anyone has PM'd you. Also not sure if Rosie Abary or anyone else has started an FE exchange for this cruise as we are choosing at this moment not to participate. It is a lot of fun. Generally an administrator is chosen (or sets up) for an FE exchange and then once everyone who is interested joins the FE they will start to separate all participants into specific FE groups (some might only want 10 cabins, others might only want adults, others might want to join multiple FE groups). Once the FE groups are set up, a limit of cabins is set and a cut off date will be made so that all participants have enough time to prepare their gifts. If for some reason you are unable to continue in your FE please let all the others in your group (plus the admin in charge of the FE) know, so no confusion or resentment is caused once onboard. Such a fun way to add to the Magic of a Disney Cruise!
What ages are your sons? I have a DS10 who would love a playmate, he has all sisters :).

Hello! Yes...there will be an FE. I will attach a link later this evening. Yeay! I'm glad you want to participate!

Hello! Yes...there will be an FE. I will attach a link later this evening. Yeay! I'm glad you want to participate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter