January 5, 2014 ~ DREAM Cruise to Bahamas

Also do we just buy one extender gift for each person or one for each night?

You can do it any way you want. You can give each person a little gift or you can give a stateroom a gift. You can give one each night if that is what you decide to do...but, it might get expensive or take up tons of room in your luggage. Personally, I usually give a stateroom gift and something individual to the kids.

PS: We have dressed up on pirate night and formal night/semi formal night on the longer cruises. On this cruise we will be dressing for Pirates and will dress casual the other nights (maybe a little nicer on optional dress up). Hope this helps!:goodvibes

I did!! I was trying to check in at midnight!! It took forever!! I was up till 1:30 am. I could not get onto book spas or port adventures. So i tried monday morn and the website was under maintence....then when i tried later that afternoon could not get the day and time i wanted :(

Does anyone know if platinum could check in 120 days out? and when do new cruisers check in 75 days before?

Well we are all booked!!! Airfare, hotel, and cruise. We are now debating if we want to do the Disney Dining Plan or not (quick service). Has anyone used it recently? We used it way back when they included an app and gratuity but that appears to be no more:confused3 Hope everyone is doing well, We (meaning Milwaukee) just got done celebrating the Harley Davidson anniversary so it was quite busy. Thank goodness everyone has gone home and the roads are alot quieter:rotfl2:

My husband and I went to the 110th also - just escaped the storm that came in on Friday. It was crazy! Are you planning to do any excursions on the cruise?

I did!! I was trying to check in at midnight!! It took forever!! I was up till 1:30 am. I could not get onto book spas or port adventures. So i tried monday morn and the website was under maintence....then when i tried later that afternoon could not get the day and time i wanted :(

Does anyone know if platinum could check in 120 days out? and when do new cruisers check in 75 days before?

I checked in on the 7th at 12:40am and got in with no issues. I was able to sign up for everything we wanted. When we went on our cruise in January, the site showed most spa treatments as booked, but when we got on board, they had some openings. If there's something you didn't get online, either call now or check right when you get on board for reservations.

Has anyone decided on any excursions in the Bahamas? We have never been there but from reading on the boards the rum cake (it was tortuga or something) is supposed to be a must. I am playing with the idea of the Chocolate tour but also was reading a trip report in which a link to a walking tour was given. It looks interesting and would be free....any ideas?:confused3

We signed up for the Atlantis aquaventure. If you've never been there, it's a great way to see the property and experience the water park - which is huge and so much fun. The cost of the excursion is a bit pricey, but it was our family's first vacation so it's a great way to go back and revisit some memories, so the cost is worth it to us.

Hi everyone, we were able to check in, but did not schedule any port adventures yet. We were thinking about the Glaycliff Chocolate Tour but then I saw that they have a cigar rolling class and my husband is very interested in that (that would be on our own). I think we are probably going to take a cab to Graycliff and just go into the chocolate shop and cigar shop and play the rest by ear. I am kind of debating the Atlantis water park but we have five people in our party and I am nervous about spending that much since we will be at Disney World the couple of days before and spending, spending, spending!!!:scared1: Can Disney ever be inexpensive??? I still plan on getting either a Vera Bradley Disney design bag or a Dooney if something appeals:thumbsup2 Hope everyone is doing well...my favorite holiday is coming up...Halloween!!!!:banana:

and I just signed on for this cruise....we get on - on the 2nd and off on the
9th. First time doing a back to back and then we head to WDW for marathon weekend (we are doing the 1/2). Have early port time for the 2nd but didn't choose anything for the 2nd cruise because we will already be there :) This will be cruise 8 and 9. 10th will be on the Fantasy in October - then I will have been on all 4 ships

and I just signed on for this cruise....we get on - on the 2nd and off on the
9th. First time doing a back to back and then we head to WDW for marathon weekend (we are doing the 1/2). Have early port time for the 2nd but didn't choose anything for the 2nd cruise because we will already be there :) This will be cruise 8 and 9. 10th will be on the Fantasy in October - then I will have been on all 4 ships

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:WELCOME:cheer2::cheer2: So will you be able to stay in your same room? Any ideas for excursions in the Bahamas?

we get to stay in the same cabin for both. I signed up for Remy on the three night and a luncheon at the mansion on the 4 night. May go to Serenity Beach for both Castaway Cay days because I have always been with kids before so stayed at the family beach.:)

Hi everyone! We are also surprising our boys (6 and 4) Christmas morning too! I am so excited to read this board and see how excited everyone is. I found the FE spreadsheet and saw other replies that you could just add your info. Is this OK? This is our first cruise so I don't know the rules but have been researching the FE and thought that would be so much fun! We are also on deck 8 with my parents down the hall. Can't wait! pixiedust:pixiedust::cool1:

Welcome!! This is our first cruise too daughter 12 8 and son 5 glad to see others with some boys my sons age how r u surprising your boys Christmas morning I have a scheduled call from Mickey and some gifts leading up to the big presents but love any ideas anyone has on how to surprise them. We r also in deck 8 and we r traveling with friends who also have a 4 year old son

Welcome!! This is our first cruise too daughter 12 8 and son 5 glad to see others with some boys my sons age how r u surprising your boys Christmas morning I have a scheduled call from Mickey and some gifts leading up to the big presents but love any ideas anyone has on how to surprise them. We r also in deck 8 and we r traveling with friends who also have a 4 year old son

Hi! That is so fun that you are going with friends, that will be even more special. We are traveling with my parents who took me on the big red boat when I was a kid so I'm excited to share that with my boys. We are doing the scheduled call as well but our tree is right by the TV so when they get to the tree we are going to have the cruise planning DVD playing that shows the aqua deck etc. I also got them some pool toys and am planning on making one of those construction paper ring garland so they can count down the 6 days (we are going to WDW first). I am excited there will be more "little' boys on the cruise! I think we are on deck 7 not 8-sorry! When I was signing up for the FE I noticed my room began with a 7...

How does the FE work? Is gifts per person every day? My name is Mel, btw, nice to "meet' you :)

Hi! That is so fun that you are going with friends, that will be even more special. We are traveling with my parents who took me on the big red boat when I was a kid so I'm excited to share that with my boys. We are doing the scheduled call as well but our tree is right by the TV so when they get to the tree we are going to have the cruise planning DVD playing that shows the aqua deck etc. I also got them some pool toys and am planning on making one of those construction paper ring garland so they can count down the 6 days (we are going to WDW first). I am excited there will be more "little' boys on the cruise! I think we are on deck 7 not 8-sorry! When I was signing up for the FE I noticed my room began with a 7...

How does the FE work? Is gifts per person every day? My name is Mel, btw, nice to "meet' you :)

I am new to the FE as well but if u read above a little bit someone explained a little more to me about it u can do one grift per person or per family and it can be one day or more its up to u really. I am waiting to decide till more people sign up if there isn't a lot signed up ill do a gift per person one day and a family gift another day is what I was thinking. Sooo excited!! And my name is Tina.

I am new to the FE as well but if u read above a little bit someone explained a little more to me about it u can do one grift per person or per family and it can be one day or more its up to u really. I am waiting to decide till more people sign up if there isn't a lot signed up ill do a gift per person one day and a family gift another day is what I was thinking. Sooo excited!! And my name is Tina.

Hi Tina! Sounds great! I added my info to the google doc and hit share. I hope that means I am added.

Hi Tina! Sounds great! I added my info to the google doc and hit share. I hope that means I am added.

:wave2::wave2::wave2: Welcome Mel. It looks like your FE info took!!! I see it. I am Diane by the way, and we will be in rooms on 7 too, maybe we will be neighbors.

:wave2::wave2::wave2: Welcome Mel. It looks like your FE info took!!! I see it. I am Diane by the way, and we will be in rooms on 7 too, maybe we will be neighbors.

Hi Diane!!! Super excited to be a part of the FE! Looking forward to officially meeting you :):wave2:

I have lots of housework to do and I'm procrastinating, so I think I'm going to work on FE gifts for a while!

I'm trying to get all the little loose ends of the vacation tied up anyway. Yesterday I booked transportation from home to the airport and back, as well as from hotel to port and back to airport in FL. We got a 10:30 PAT, so we decided to use a private car service instead of Disney transportation. We were also thrilled to get Palo brunch booked so I don't have to worry about trying to do that once we get on board.

Still debating on excursions in Nassau. Thinking about signing the kids up for a dolphin swim, with the rest of us going along as observers. I really don't want to spend that kind of money, but we don't have too many family vacations left before the kids leave home so now would be the time to do it.

DD14 is going to WDW over Thanksgiving with the school orchestra, so at least that's keeping me from starting my packing until after her trip. Otherwise I'd already have suitcases laid out all over the bedroom! I have a beach bag with sand toys and a box with other little things I'm picking up like a few non-perishables for out 3 night OKW stay before the cruise, travel size Downey wrinkle releaser, sunscreen, etc. Anything I buy for the trip, I'm just tossing in the box so I won't forget it or lose it before it's time to pack!

I know what you mean! I've had my "vacation box" in my living room for over a month and it's already overflowing :thumbsup2. We are still working on our fish extender gifts but when they are finished I will send a box to the Port. We did it last cruise and it worked out fabulously!!! What transport agency are you using? I still have to book ours, but at least the cruise, air fare and the resort are paid off!! Now just working towards the food...I need pixie dust with all these expenses...and Christmas around the corner to boot!!!.WHERE IS THE ICON FOR FRUSTRATION????

We are using Space Port Transport. I saw some good reviews on the Dis for them recently, so we decided to give them a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter