• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 4th, 2013- 8 night Western out of Galveston

We had to change our dates. We are probably not going to be living in TX anymore in Jan. we switched to the Halloween sailing on 10/27 :). We lost a night, so I'm still jealous of your 8 nights! Enjoy!!

Is anyone interested in a facebook group for FE and just general chat about the cruise?

I went ahead and made a group. Please search "Galveston Disney Magic Cruise January 4, 2013" on facebook. I'd like to see a bunch of you join!

Is anyone interested in a facebook group for FE and just general chat about the cruise?

I went ahead and made a group. Please search "Galveston Disney Magic Cruise January 4, 2013" on facebook. I'd like to see a bunch of you join!

OK, I can not find this group on facebook. I've tried searching like you said and well nothing is coming up with our travel date.:confused:

firewill said:
We are so excited. We would like to do the FE also. Whatcha think Blovesdisney and Kgundyfire?

I know the kids really enjoyed it. I guess someone needs to get a sign up going.

Hello All!!! I'm kinda concerned. I checked on line tonight for rates for this cruise.(hoping they will offer a discount), and it says this cruise is not available to book. I sure hope they dont change the itinerary. I have put a lot of work into research for this cruise. Not to mention,flights,hotel and transportation. Keep your fingers crossed.

JenniferC said:
Hello All!!! I'm kinda concerned. I checked on line tonight for rates for this cruise.(hoping they will offer a discount), and it says this cruise is not available to book. I sure hope they dont change the itinerary. I have put a lot of work into research for this cruise. Not to mention,flights,hotel and transportation. Keep your fingers crossed.

I just checked online and it's still showing our cruise listed.

Well I had to switch to this one because our other cruise they jacked with the itinerary, so if it happens again I'm done- RCCL here I come!

Not sure why it showed up unavailable, but it's looks okay now. Hopefully it stays that way.;)

I just made the final payment on the Jan. 4 cruise and was told it was still and 8 night cruise. Are we doing FE's? Also, anyone know of a good hotel at the port in TX? We are coming down early for extra R&R.

I checked it again tonight and it did the same thing - or it said it was all sold out. I rechecked a few more times, because I didn't believe it could be sold out already and after the 3rd time, rooms where available. I hope they will change the itinerary on this cruise.

I just made the final payment on the Jan. 4 cruise and was told it was still and 8 night cruise. Are we doing FE's? Also, anyone know of a good hotel at the port in TX? We are coming down early for extra R&R.

Someone has started a facebook page for FE. It is a few posts back.

Also, for hotels, I've stayed at the Hotel Galvez and Moody Gardens Hotel. Both I'd recommend. The Hotel Galvez is on the sea wall and has a really nice outdoor pool. It is close to restaurants and shopping.

The Moody Gardens Hotel, is on the other side of the Island, and you have to drive to get anywhere. They do have a water park across the street, and three pyramids within walking distance. Each pyramid has a different theme - aquarium, rainforest, and I can't remember the 3rd one. This is also a really nice hotel, but if you want to do anything like dinning out and shopping, you will have to drive to get there.

Oh, we've also stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort, the West-Seawall one. It's nice and new, a little far from any of the things to do on the island though (Just like Moody Gardens hotel). Again, this one is also on the sea wall, it's just not where everything else is located. I believe it's cheaper than the first two hotels that I mentioned.

I hope the ports stays the same. I love Key West and Grand Cayman. That's why we booked this cruise.

Ok...so I think we're going to bite the bullet and stick with this cruise. I was hoping for a fare drop, but I don't think it's going to happen. At any rate, this is probably the last year I can get away with pulling dd10 out of school (She goes to the public middle school next year where they aren't as flexible as her current school)---so we might as well enjoy it while we can!

Can't wait for Key West!

I'm looking for great ideas on how to get my 5th grader interested in Hemingway and the Mayan Ruins (not at the same time necessarily =)!

Anyone know where the best parking is in Galveston? We have always parked at the pier, but wondering if there is a better place.

We will be joining you all on the Magic on Jan. 4. This our second cruise with Disney. Our 2 sons are graduating from TTU! HOORAY!!!!!! Finally. Hope to meet all of you.

We are flying in the night before the cruise,renting a one way rental from Enterprise and staying at Comfort Suites in Galveston. Any one else flying it the day before? Where are you staying?

This is our first time to stay in Galveston. We read some reviews and decided to change to the Marriott. Hope this is a good one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter