January 4, 2014 Fantasy, Trust, and Pixie Dust!

Thinking of switching to a verandah cat for this reason. We were on the Wonder to Hawaii and some days were really rough. My son got sea sick but looking at the horizon helped. Since the price difference between an inside and verandah isn't huge for the 2 of us I might switch to one. I got sick forward and had less symptoms aft and mid. I've sailed on decks 6 and 8. Hawaii was 6. I didn't spend much time on 2 but I'd like to experience it one day. Probably will on a more expensive cruise I guess. So funny because I always start out in a non-verandah and end up with one later. I'm thinking of sailing on the Dream in June after our WDW trip in an inside or if a discounted rate comes up I will book that. Since its only 4 days and only one is a sea day it might be ok.

The reduced motion was def. a selling point when i was telling the bf all about it, and the location. I get sea sick really easily!! (Think a floatable raft on a lake!!!). Only thing that works for me is the patch... But being down low will certainly help with the motion.

Welcome coach Rick. I am sure the extra wait will be worth it! Seems we will have a big meet up group considering all of the attn this board has already gotten, always makes the time go quicker with an active meet up board!! Just put up a dcl ornament on the tree!!

Thanks Disneylandfanatic...I gotta get me one of them DCL tree ornaments. :)

Just added DD's boyfriend, so we added a second cat 11A Stateroom #10545 for the two boys... We are on deck 10 Aft.. #10658

For you guys, I have included this handy map!
430869_10152317207100623_112526401_n.jpg

This cruise is gonna be a blast!

:rolleyes:
I may live in MT now, but I'm FROM California! :lmao:

I spent a majority of my afternoon yesterday thinking up FE gifts! I told myself I will wait at least 6 months before I actually start making anything, but thy doesn't mean I can't practice!!!!! Just started a new job today... Exciting stuff! I have orientation all week.

I'm so glad there are a lot of people who are just as excited as I am! Thus will be our first trip on the big ship. We were on the wonder in September to Alaska and it was great! I can't wait for another cruise experience.

For those if you who don't know about the fish extender and all it entails... Please do not hesitate to ask. There are more than enough of us who have participated in the past who can easily share what knowledge we have.

As the cruise gets closer ill start compiling info for everyone who wishes to participate. Once finished about 3-4 weeks prior to our cruise I'll send out a spreadsheet so we can all get a glance at how many people we have participating.

Happy planning everyone!!!!

Count us in...so far DW, DD (19) DS (23) and I. Cat 5E..This will be my 5th DCL cruise... Good news, I own a screen printing store, so if we want special shirts for our special cruise I can do them. :)

I was supposed to be doing this same cruise for 2013, but I had to bail due to the brand new business. I also opened a travel office... 13 months...but I am sure we will all make the time fly here.. :)

We've booked 5E, too! I'm new to this whole thing...first cruise and first Disboard post!!
Exciting to see so much activity on this cruise already!
Can't wait

I'm so glad there are a lot of people who are just as excited as I am! Thus will be our first trip on the big ship. We were on the wonder in September to Alaska and it was great! I can't wait for another cruise experience.

For those if you who don't know about the fish extender and all it entails... Please do not hesitate to ask. There are more than enough of us who have participated in the past who can easily share what knowledge we have.

As the cruise gets closer ill start compiling info for everyone who wishes to participate. Once finished about 3-4 weeks prior to our cruise I'll send out a spreadsheet so we can all get a glance at how many people we have participating.

Happy planning everyone!!!!

This will be our first cruise, but I've heard about FEs, traveling with two DDs (8 & 9), definitely think they'll love them!! Any info will be appreciated!

We've booked 5E, too! I'm new to this whole thing...first cruise and first Disboard post!!
Exciting to see so much activity on this cruise already!
Can't wait

Excellent...we are in 105658...

I have done mostly cat 4's, did a 1 br suite one year...that was sooooo cool.... Welcome to the DIS and more importantly to our cruise :)

We're one deck below you...9674
My mom was in one of these rooms on our last cruise and we loved the big verandah. She had no complaints about vibration as I have read in some reports... Honestly, being on any Disney ship in ANY room beats being home doing the mundane LOL... Of course it's always a working vacation for me :)

Welcome to the board!!! I haven't participated in a FE but I think I get the concept.. Seems like fun!!

I was looking into disneyworld info tonight.... Such a different world for me. I am a Disneyland pro and know pretty mic everything about the parks, however disneyworld is like another planet in terms o tickets, resorts, transportation, parks and dining.

I switched to a 7A. The reviews seem decent. Room 8164. Yay!

I'm going to WDW for the first time this summer. I'm a DL vet too so this is going to he interesting. If airfare is reasonable I'll probably fly out on the 1st or 2nd and get a DVC room (wherever I can). I'd like to see the gingerbread house in the Grand Floridian.

Are you a dvc member? Or are you thinking of renting points? I've never rented points but was wondering if it was a better deal.

Disneylandfanatic said:
Are you a dvc member? Or are you thinking of renting points? I've never rented points but was wondering if it was a better deal.

Yes. I'll be using my own points for 1-2 nights. I've never rented points but ppl I know who have had great experiences with David's DVC.

Thanks for the tip, I've heard of David's before... Might be worth looking into. I have always thought that in the future I would want to be a part of DVC.. If it ended up actually paying off.

I am planning door decorations and writing down all of my ideas so when it comes time to actually make them I will have a good list if what I like :-)

Thanks for the tip, I've heard of David's before... Might be worth looking into. I have always thought that in the future I would want to be a part of DVC.. If it ended up actually paying off.

You have to do the math, of course, but I think it is. What I like is that when I plan a vacation all I have to think about is airfare, tickets and food. It's nice to not have to think about paying for a deluxe Disney accommodation as part of that trip.

Yea that does seem nice. When the time comes I will certainly consider and do the math! with my love for Disney I know I would get good use out of it and would enjoy all the vacations.

Anyone cruising before this one? I have WDW and a cruise booked this coming summer but the summer cruises are so expensive that I don't know if I am going to go on it. The 4 night for 2 in an 11C is $2k!:scared1: I would love to do an Alaska cruise but with airfare and excursions it doesn't seem doable either.

I switched to a 7A. The reviews seem decent. Room 8164. Yay!

I'm going to WDW for the first time this summer. I'm a DL vet too so this is going to he interesting. If airfare is reasonable I'll probably fly out on the 1st or 2nd and get a DVC room (wherever I can). I'd like to see the gingerbread house in the Grand Floridian.

My DH and I were upgraded from a 9C to a 7A (Room 7022) on our 4/12 cruise (Fantasy, Eastern) and enjoyed it very much.:love: The obstruction does affect the light in the room (as opposed to a fully unobstructed balcony) but it was actually nice as it provided extra shade and wind break.

I also stayed in room 10052 on the Fantasy in September. Deck 11 overhangs right above, but it wasn't a bother. We were again upgraded on this cruise...booked 9D GTY and Disney gave us 5A. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter