• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 31, 2009--St, Croix/St. Thomas

Anyone have tips for Port to MCO on our debarkation?

Limo is costing us $140 plus tips but a one way car rental would be cheaper. Trouble is four suitcases and four rollerboards don't fit in a full-size vehicle.

Our flight back isn't until 9:45pm

Not to cut into your cruise meet thread but you all will have a great time watching the Super Bowl on the giant Dumbo screen on the top deck in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. We were on this cruise for the Steelers last Super Bowl win and it cannot be topped. Plus there were so many Steeler fans you would think it was a home game. GO STEELERS. Have fun everyone.

Hey everyone, I have a favor to ask. My family and I were on the Magic for the 1/10 Western and had a couple of great servers. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to get their email address for us. Our server was Tony from St. Vincent and our asst. server was Jozsef from Hungery. Thank you very much. We have some pictures we would like to send them. Have a great cruise.

6 inches of snow this morning..... Everything is all slippery.... It's going to warm up to a balmy 7 degrees today....

I am not leaving soon enough!!! :beach:

It's less than a week...It's less than a week...It's less than a week...It's less than a week...It's less than a week...It's less than a week...It's less than a week...:hourglass

Hello everyone, I have 2 questions regarding my 2.5 year old for anyone that has taken a Disney cruise with children in the past.
1. Is it worth it to bring my daughters Snow White Dress? I would hate not to bring it if there will be other children dressed as their favorite characters, but it's just one more thing to pack if it's not a big deal.

2. My daughter will be 3 at the start of April and I wanted to know how closely they stay the 3 year old rule for Oceaneer's Club. I spoke to a cruise rep and she said it shouldn't be a problem as long as she's potty trained, but I would hate to count on that and get there and have it be an issue. Has anyone experienced this?
Thank you so much for all of you help.

:thumbsup2

Yes! Bring her Snow White dress. (my kids are boys, but here's my opinion...)
I've seen some great pictures in Shutters of little girls dressed the same as the character. The kids get to spend more time with them for a picture then they do in the parks. (You're living with them for a week!) Some of the poses are so cute. And remember you can also take your own picture of them and also ask the CM photographer to take one with your camera. Saves some money.

I've also seen the girls dressed as the princess, etc, for formal and semi-formal night dinners. And they seem so much happier to be able to wear the fancy dress for a few hours and then when it "get's in the way" later, they can go back to cabin and change into real clothes. I feel sorry for some of the dressed up girls in the parks when they discover that the straps are rubbing and hurt. I saw a Mom put paper towels under the straps to try and cushion it.

I'll look forward to meeting your little Snow White! :flower3:

Barb

Hi!
Busy getting the clothes ready to pack today. :laundy:

I don't think I've seen anyone with my packing tip:

I worry that the airlines will lose my luggage. So I have our suitcases opened up in the living room. Each person has a spot in the room and they put all of their clothes there. Then each person picks out what they need for a complete outfit and puts it in a stack. (shirt and matching pants for casual dinner, include underwear and socks, etc) (shorts and t-shirt plus undies, sandals)

Then we play "musical suitcases". We walk around the room and each put a set of casual dinner clothes into suitcase #1. Everyones formal wear is in one suitcase. (with the good shoes too) Everyones pirate outfit is in the same suitcase. ETC. Keep walking around the room putting a type of clothing for each person in the suitcase until everything's packed! It doesn't come out even, but at least everyone will have an assortment of clothes available! This way , I figure if we lose a piece of luggage before we sail, each person will have a few complete outfits in the other suitcases. I put special clothes, formal and pirate, in the same suitcase. Then we all look dressed up or we don't together.

My family thinks I'm crazy for making them do this, but now it's the joke they look forward to!
But if we ever lose a suitcase they'll thank me!! :grouphug:

Happy packing and see you all soon.
Barb :wave2:

Barb ~ I think that's a great idea...it really makes sense...like you said at least everyone will be either dressed up or dressed down as a group. I guess I am lucky in that we don't have to travel by air. We live in Jacksonville so we are able to drive.

I started my packing today and should be done by tomorrow evening. We are leaving on Thursday and I have appts on Tues and Wed so I really need to be ready to go, for the most part, by tomorrow. I finished my FE gifts and magnet's today so I feel a sense of accomplishment :thumbsup2

Hi fellow cruise mate!! We are all packed as of yesterday, 1/24. We are leaving Wednesday morning 8am and will arrive at MCO around 11:20. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge Villas for 2 nights. Then we'll be staying at the Radisson in Port Canaveral on Friday. See you all in 6 days!! Safe travels to everyone if I don't get a chance to post again! :)
Laurie

We are staying at the Residents Inn Friday. Packed and leaving Virginia Beach in the morning to visit family in Florida. See you all Saturday.....pixiedust:

Arrrgh...I'm working all week so this weekend was my only time to run around picking up last minute things and attempting to pack. I did finish my magnets (for 3 cabins!)....so...that's at least something. I have no idea how I'm going to focus this week.

Hi there! We live in Hartland, WI !!
Small world hey!? Can't wait... we're leaving Friday, Jan. 30th!

We are from Cudahy, WI (suburb of Milwaukee) and are leaving Friday as well!! Myself and my daughter, and my friend, her hubby and daughter. Our girls are both 9

Our excursion (booked privately) in St Thomas was cancelled yesterday. Anyone have any recommendations for something fun for a family with a 4 yr old and 6 yr old?

Our excursion (booked privately) in St Thomas was cancelled yesterday. Anyone have any recommendations for something fun for a family with a 4 yr old and 6 yr old?

I would definetely do the "Skyride to Paradise Point" !
Cost thru DCL ; $18 adult, $9 child (ages 6-12).
It does say for "all ages" so I'm sure your 4 yr. old will be no problem.

You can book this thru DCL, or walk over from the pier and book it yourself. There is lots to see up there and you'll get a great photo of the Magic from the top!

Here's the web site for the place itself:
http://www.paradisepointtramway.com/

Skyride Day Passes (on your own w/out DCL)
  • Adults - $21.00 (round-trip)
  • Children (6-12) - $10.50 (round-trip)
  • Infants (5 & under) - Free
Have fun! :cool1:

I wonder how many drinks it would take to get my mother on that skyride?

I wonder how many drinks it would take to get my mother on that skyride?

baileys.jpg

Bribe her with one of these when she makes it! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter