January 30, 2011 Wonder Mexican Riviera ANYONE OUT THERE????

Hey Meghatron, How was the 2 day trip to nowhere?

I'm curious, too.popcorn::

We had a great time! Loved the ship, had great servers, a nice room in a quiet hallway on deck 5. Admittedly we used most of our time to scout out the ship, knowing we were coming back onboard in just a few days, but it was really nice to watch DD explore and do the character greetings. She's just starting getting excited about them at the parks -- used to be afraid of them -- and watching her run into Minnie's and Belle's arms and refuse to let go was pretty magical.

Some folks on the meet thread complained that their servers and stateroom host were not up to par or seemed exhausted by the PC cruise. We had Arlan and Juni for servers and they did a wonderful job, especially with the toddlers at our table and the older kids nearby. Arlan did magic tricks, and he and Juni both did the Minnie bows and Goofy ears with the napkins. On a 2-night we didn't have much need for our HS, Ronald, but he still stopped by each night to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. Also, every time he made a circuit of the dining room he would stop for any kids and give them high fives, which made them feel special.

The only trouble we gave our stateroom host was that we had asked for a crib on the reservation and DD started sleeping in a bed just days before the cruise, so we hadn't had time to change the request. I told when we first went to our room at 1:30. By the time we got back after our first round of exploring, the PnP was already gone. When turndown time came, he had the couch all made up and remembered the rail we asked for instead of the crib.

We were also selected as a Magical Family by one of the Guest Services team, so we had goodies left in our stateroom periodically: Toy Story stickers, Magical Memories buttons, a small plush Minnie, and an All Hands on Deck Cheese platter that was absolutely perfect timing during our short break between picking up DD from the nursery and heading to the Mickey & Minnie character greeting line before dinner. We wouldn't have had time to order it from room service, and DD was in desperate need of a snack. It was as if our pixie dust fairy were psychic, LOL! The look on DD's face when we took the top off the plate and she exclaimed, "Cheese! Crackers!!" was priceless. :) The plush Minnie was also prescient, as we had preordered the Nautical Mickey and Minnie for DD several months ago and they were out of the Minnie. The one she gave us wasn't the Nautical design -- apparently their manufacturer is having some issues -- but it still made for quite an adorable "matched set" souvenir for DD to take home. :D

All in all, it was well worth the money we paid (had snagged a cancelled 11B) and now hubby and I get to check in as Silver CC members on Sunday. :woohoo:

Just discovered the boards!

This will be our 4th DCL cruise, but did not even know half the stuff I have read here!

About the FE, how do we get included? I have read what to do, but is there a separate list?

Also, we upgraded so we have not been assigned a room number that I know of, were told we would be assigned in port.

Thanks!

Just discovered the boards!

This will be our 4th DCL cruise, but did not even know half the stuff I have read here!

About the FE, how do we get included? I have read what to do, but is there a separate list?

Also, we upgraded so we have not been assigned a room number that I know of, were told we would be assigned in port.

Thanks!

:welcome:

I would love to have you join us, but your situation makes it a challenge. Also, with the cruise leaving in 5 days I'm afraid most people have finished their FE shopping. I may have some extra gifts that I am more than happy to share with your family but if you don't have a room number, I'm not sure how to get that info out to everyone. We are planning on a quick meet & greet at the port (not sure where though) I will probably make a sign and sit underneath it or something:goodvibes, That may be your only opportunity to let the others know your cabin #. So...if you want to participate, there is a post by Ssawka with a link to the FE map in this thread. Please keep in mind that you may give more than you get based on the time frame and I really don't want anyone to be disappointed:guilty: but, knowing this awesome bunch, we will try our best to make it happen!

:welcome:

I would love to have you join us, but your situation makes it a challenge. Also, with the cruise leaving in 5 days I'm afraid most people have finished their FE shopping. I may have some extra gifts that I am more than happy to share with your family but if you don't have a room number, I'm not sure how to get that info out to everyone. We are planning on a quick meet & greet at the port (not sure where though) I will probably make a sign and sit underneath it or something:goodvibes, That may be your only opportunity to let the others know your cabin #. So...if you want to participate, there is a post by Ssawka with a link to the FE map in this thread. Please keep in mind that you may give more than you get based on the time frame and I really don't want anyone to be disappointed:guilty: but, knowing this awesome bunch, we will try our best to make it happen!

Nah, don't worry about it, not that big a deal anyway. :) we will do it next cruise. (Yes, there will be another!)

BUT, please let me know about the 'meet and greet'! You can throw me a PM here since I ma now checking this board.

Since we will be waiting around anyway, we decided to meet (somewhere) in the terminal around 11 until boarding. I have never cruised out of L.A. So I have no idea what the port is like. I was planning on making a sign to identify our group but if anybody has been there and has a better idea, please let us know.

Since we will be waiting around anyway, we decided to meet (somewhere) in the terminal around 11 until boarding. I have never cruised out of L.A. So I have no idea what the port is like. I was planning on making a sign to identify our group but if anybody has been there and has a better idea, please let us know.

We are planning on being to the terminal somewhere between 11 and 11:30. I'll be on the lookout for your sign.

Looking out the window at all this snow, and all I can think about is that in 3 days I'll be in 70 degree weather!! :yay::banana::cool1:

FYI they have excursions up for booking online for the new Cabo day, and today's the last day to pre-reserve anything before the cruise. So get in there before 12pmEST!

FYI they have excursions up for booking online for the new Cabo day, and today's the last day to pre-reserve anything before the cruise. So get in there before 12pmEST!

I'm so confused! :confused3 How do you tell which excursions are for Day 3? Every one I try to reserve says Day 6.

It's finally here:cheer2::cool1::worship:

I want to send loads of pixie dust to those of you traveling to the the port pixiedust: and also remind you that Saturday night and Sunday will be chilly. They are calling for possible sprinkles and highs in the 60s in L.A. but it's supposed to be beautiful in Mexico!

See you at the port amigos:grouphug:

It's finally here:cheer2::cool1::worship:

I want to send loads of pixie dust to those of you traveling to the the port pixiedust: and also remind you that Saturday night and Sunday will be chilly. They are calling for possible sprinkles and highs in the 60s in L.A. but it's supposed to be beautiful in Mexico!

See you at the port amigos:grouphug:

:thumbsup2 It beats the 30's we're having here in VA!

I saw on the news all of the East Coast snow. I bet you will be glad to get out of all that cold weather.

Oh Yes!! This trip could not be coming at a better time. This is one vacation I really need.

We're leaving for San Pedro around noon tomorrow..we have about a 5 hour drive ahead of us! Driving isnt my favorite thing to do, but knowing whats at the end of that drive has me excited! :banana:

We will fly tomorrow, hopefully we can land in Philly to teke the next flight to LA. 16 hours sitting in a plain:banana::banana:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter