January 30, 2011 Wonder Mexican Riviera ANYONE OUT THERE????

I hope this doesn't throw a wrench into anyone's spa or Palo reservations. Honestly for us, the ports don't matter so much as I am just looking forward to relaxing:)

I think it messes with our Palo reservation. We had a brunch scheduled on the sea day that we are now in Cabo and dinner on the Mazatlan night. So, if they switch the brunch reservations to the new sea day, we are scheduled at Palo for brunch and dinner on the same day. That's a bit much.

We are no longer going to Mazatlan.

here is the thread;

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2639510

I checked my reservation online, I didn't call, but the online now says we are going to Cabo on Tuesday, Puerto Vallarta remains on Wednesday, Thursday is now a sea day and we return again to Cabo on Friday which is the same as before.

I am bummed out as we had reserved a private tour, not with the ship, and I gave a deposit and we were looking forward to it. I didn't have anything reserved for Cabo as I thought we would just look around the rocks and the flea market. What excursions are you all planning for Cabo as we need to find something for the other Cabo day.

I know this will mess up some peoples' plans, but I'm not surprised by this. Having read profiles on the three ports, Mazatlan was the only one that seemed a little "sketchy" and I believe crime is on the rise there, so Disney probably did it as a precaution.

For us it really makes no difference, although I'm sure DD would have loved the Mexican folklore show.

One quick question, our reservation still shows our excursion in Mazatlan. I'm assuming that will be canceled automatically, anyone know?

I just called DCL and was told the 1st Cabo day we will be there from 11:15a -5:00p. The 2nd day is 7:15a - 2:30p.

I would have been more tempted to get off the boat twice in PV, but it's not really a big deal to me either since we've planned all along to mostly hand out/relax on the boat.

I have made a FE map using the ship's deck plan with a list of everyone's information. I think this will make it much easier to find the cabins (I have heard it can be confusing). I don't think it can be posted on the boards, so if you can PM me with your e-mail address, I will send you the map. When you get the map, please double check that your information is correct.

Thank you so much Stinkerbe11 for all your hard work. I've uploaded your map to my web server for easier access by everyone.

The URL is http://www.sawka.us/dis/Room%20Map.pdf.

Stinkerbell,
The Map is GREAT!!
Thank you for all your hard work.
We will be on a plane at this time next Saturday.:cool1:

As far as MZT, a little disappointed here. We were doing Stone Island with a private company. No big deal, I am happy be on the boat!

I am so thrilled that they omitted Mazatlan. It sounds very dangerous and I really didn't want to get off of the boat. I am proud of Disney for changing the plan. I love the idea of going to Cabo twice.

In 7 days we will be heading to the port!!!!!!:banana:

I am so excited...only 4 more days of work and then it is VACATION TIME!:cool1:

Thanks Stinkerbell for all of your time that you have spent on the FE exchange. I appreciate it:thumbsup2

it would be nice if they compensated us the change in itinerary :cool1: :cutie:

has anyone heard anything?:rolleyes1

Compensate? I'd be happy if they actually told us. They sent emails about everything else! Actually, I'm with simbasmom2, I'm glad Mazatlan has been dropped.

I called in to check on the price for roundtrip resort/port ground transport($60 per person in case anyone wanted to know)and checked on information on the changes.

Night 2 is formal night
Night 4 is pirate night
Night 6 is semi-formal night

The times posted for ashore/onboard times in Cabo that were posted are correct:
February 1 ashore 11:15 onboard 5:00
February 4 ashore 7:15 onboard 2:30

I can't believe we are only a week away! This time next week we will be sailing away!

I forgot to ask if they would be just moving the Palo brunch reservations from Feb. 1 to Feb 3.

Thanks for the article. The Tuesday that we are now in port had the Mariner listed but according to the article which has the same info as I saw in the LA Times, the Mariner is gone so our ship will be the only one in port in Cabo on Tuesday. On Friday at Cabo, there were 2 other ships listed as being in port. So Tuesday should be a good day to do stuff without so many other cruisers there.

I saw that Cabo is on Mountain time. Will the ship stay on Pacific Time for the whole trip? Does anyone know?

I saw that Cabo is on Mountain time. Will the ship stay on Pacific Time for the whole trip? Does anyone know?

The ship will change times with the changing time zones. You will have updates in the Navigator.

FYI I just spoke with DCL and was told that they are "working diligently" with their Cabo contacts to line up excursions for the new port day on our cruise and will hopefully have them up for booking tomorrow.

FYI I just spoke with DCL and was told that they are "working diligently" with their Cabo contacts to line up excursions for the new port day on our cruise and will hopefully have them up for booking tomorrow.

Hey Meghatron,
How was the 2 day trip to nowhere?

I have been reading the meet thread from the "cruise to nowhere" and it seems very hit or miss. I do think the overall atmosphere is very different on shorter cruises and I'm remaining optimistic that ours will be amazing. Although, when I hear about servers mixing up orders it makes me extremely nervous because we can't afford mistakes with DS's allergies. As long as the epi-pen goes unused and I get quality time with the kids and DH, I will have a great time!!!

6 more days:cool1: almost a year of waiting and it's almost here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter