January 30, 2011 Wonder Mexican Riviera ANYONE OUT THERE????

Hey everyone,
We have two girls age 3 and 4 who are dying to meet there "new friends" on the mickey boat.
We totally plan to rebook onboard. I would like to see the Dream but if this trip goes well, we might just price out another MR trip. Would love to see any KSF prices those were great:thumbsup2

Is anyone familiar with the port or the area around the Double Tree? I arranged for a car to pick us up at the airport on the 29th, and have asked them to stop by a liquor store for me. They charge $20 for an extra stop, so I was just wondering if that is my best option, or if anyone knew of a liquor store within walking distance of either the port or the Double Tree?

Hi ssawka,
call the Double Tree directly and see if their shuttle will take you to a store?
might save you 20 bucks.

Hi ssawka,
call the Double Tree directly and see if their shuttle will take you to a store?
might save you 20 bucks.

Yah, I thought about that, but I'm assuming that the shuttle bus would just drop me off, and I'm not sure I want to be hanging around outside of a liquor store in an unknown part of LA, if you know what I mean!

Is anyone familiar with the port or the area around the Double Tree? I arranged for a car to pick us up at the airport on the 29th, and have asked them to stop by a liquor store for me. They charge $20 for an extra stop, so I was just wondering if that is my best option, or if anyone knew of a liquor store within walking distance of either the port or the Double Tree?

I have heard that there's a Vons and a Cabrillo liquor store nearby that the shuttle will take you to. I would just make sure ahead of time that they will wait while you run in...and I would go in the daytime, the area seemed a little sketchy to me. if that doesn't work out, call my room (I will PM the info) and I will take you to get what you need.

what does KSF stand for? I cant figure it out. :confused3

thanks in advance.... 15 days yahoo
:rotfl2::banana::cool1::woohoo::yay::rockband:party:

i am soo excited!! can you tell?!?!?

Just found this thread....we are on this cruise and I have no idea what to do in the ports. I don't want to do the super expensive excursions from the DCL site...I just want some fun experiences. I have 4 kids, ages 1-7. Any ideas??

what does KSF stand for? I cant figure it out. :confused3

thanks in advance.... 15 days yahoo
:rotfl2::banana::cool1::woohoo::yay::rockband:party:

i am soo excited!! can you tell?!?!?

It is a promo code that allows kids to sail free with 2 adults in the same room. They ran this promotion earlier this year for the Mexican Riviera cruises and I'm really hopeful that they will do it again next year!

Thank you Stinkerbell ... As long as no one gets sea sick on this cruise we are definitely planning on sailing again. We are Disney fanatics. We have a bathroom dedicated to Mickey Mouse.... :cool1:

Hello, i want to take a shuttle to the port, but when i try to book online i must give in when i will arrive. But we will be a day before the cruise in LA and then want to take the shuttle does somebody now how i can book a shuttle whitout flighttimes? I'm from the Netherlands and when i must call to the company it's expensive. Can somebody help me?

I'm not sure what you're looking for but this store will deliver to cruise passengers at their hotel, it may just be wine though.
https://www.offthevinewines.com/

Hello, i want to take a shuttle to the port, but when i try to book online i must give in when i will arrive. But we will be a day before the cruise in LA and then want to take the shuttle does somebody now how i can book a shuttle whitout flighttimes? I'm from the Netherlands and when i must call to the company it's expensive. Can somebody help me?

I would be happy to call for you, just give me the name of the shuttle company, your pickup location and time of pickup etc...

I would be happy to call for you, just give me the name of the shuttle company, your pickup location and time of pickup etc...

Thank you that you wanted to call for me.
But finally i have booked my shuttle to and from the cruiseterminal whit supershuttle.
Hope they understand it that i want to be pickup at my hotel.

Connie

Regarding what is around the Doubletree in San Pedro, I have been there for meetings and there is nothing right there to go to. Your best bet is to call the hotel. The Vons they would send you to is at 12th and Gaffey. When you get off the freeway ( the 110, Harbor Freeway) you are dumped onto Gaffey so they just take you 12 blocks down to the Vons. There are liquor stores and fast food on Gaffey. There is a taco bell, Der Winerschnitzel when you exit and a Mcdonalds several blocks down as well as a Starbucks on the left on Gaffey just a few blocks from Vons as well as a CVS drugstore on Gaffey just a few blocks from Vons. It is a lower income area but I walk around there on my lunch time when I work on Gaffey but I just go in the daytime. The employees at Taco Bell are always very nice. The better side of town is on Western Avenue but that is even further away from the port. I asked some people about a liquor store near the port and they didn't think there was a liquor store there either but don't know for sure so asking at the hotel would be your best bet.

For rebooking next year, I noticed that the cruise that leaves January 2nd is only 6 days due to not wanting to leave on New Years Day so the price was a little less as they left off one port- I think it was Mazatlan that they left out.

I want to try to rebook too but I am going to wait and make sure my husband has a good time and then talk about rebooking. I know he doesn't know yet if he will like it. He is concerned about getting sea sick. He asked for the dr for a patch but the prescription I picked up for him was for sea sickness pills. Do they work as good as the patch? I always hear that people like to use the patch.

Also, there is a fountain that plays music that coordinates with the water that people go and see. It is near the trolley I believe but I have just driven by it but it is in the same area of San Pedro.

Regarding what is around the Doubletree in San Pedro, I have been there for meetings and there is nothing right there to go to. Your best bet is to call the hotel. The Vons they would send you to is at 12th and Gaffey. When you get off the freeway ( the 110, Harbor Freeway) you are dumped onto Gaffey so they just take you 12 blocks down to the Vons. There are liquor stores and fast food on Gaffey. There is a taco bell, Der Winerschnitzel when you exit and a Mcdonalds several blocks down as well as a Starbucks on the left on Gaffey just a few blocks from Vons as well as a CVS drugstore on Gaffey just a few blocks from Vons. It is a lower income area but I walk around there on my lunch time when I work on Gaffey but I just go in the daytime. The employees at Taco Bell are always very nice. The better side of town is on Western Avenue but that is even further away from the port. I asked some people about a liquor store near the port and they didn't think there was a liquor store there either but don't know for sure so asking at the hotel would be your best bet.

Thanks for checking about the liquor store. I decided my best bet is just to have the taxi take us. The one-way trip is only costing $85 total for the three of us even with the stop, so It's still cheaper than Disney transportation.

rrbar:

I think he will be okay. I get terrible motion sickness but have never had any issues on the Disney boat. I was a little seasick on my first cruise (Royal Carribean) but one dose of the pills did the trick.

:love: Sorry, but I cant seem to find :confused3 which nights are theme nights? we are booked for the palo on the 3rd night, but would much rather have fun at the party with our DD's. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter