January 30, 2011 Wonder Mexican Riviera ANYONE OUT THERE????

I've NEVER been on a West Coast Cruise.

I will try to make a sign .... I'm got some time .... between PT that is ...:rotfl2:

I will work on it tomorrow. The kids have a 1/2 day today. I'll bring the cricut out tomorrow : )

Hi everyone!! We are soo excited to meet everyone on the cruise:banana:
My one fear is that my little ones will get sea sick. I just got off the phone with our pediatriian and he has never heard of meclizine (Dramamine non drowsy) he suggested taking 1/2 a pill. Has anyone else asked their doc what their children can take? We have 2 DD's ages (7) and (3). Any other suggestions? [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]Lizette and Joe
this will be DH and DD's first (Disney) Cruise:cool1:

Hi everyone!! We are soo excited to meet everyone on the cruise:banana:
My one fear is that my little ones will get sea sick. I just got off the phone with our pediatriian and he has never heard of meclizine (Dramamine non drowsy) he suggested taking 1/2 a pill. Has anyone else asked their doc what their children can take? We have 2 DD's ages (7) and (3). Any other suggestions? [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]Lizette and Joe
this will be DH and DD's first (Disney) Cruise:cool1:

I actually had the same concern with my 3 and 6 year old, and did some research. I found on multiple forums that pediatricians recommended Benadryl for sea sickness. Apparently, it has the same effect as Dramamine.

I haven't personally tried this on my own kids since they have never been in a situation to get motion sick, but I am definitely going to bring some Benadryl on board just in case.

Less than 3 weeks to go!!!!!

you cruise. trust me I know this :lmao:

You will HATE to have a paradoxical reaction:yay::rotfl2: ... H Y P E R :banana:

we will definitely try the Benadryl this weekend. I spoke with the doc again and he said Benadryl and 1 tsp should help... dont these docs take their kids on cruises?
Just got our FE's.... beautiful!! No Docs yet... waiting patiently. We just booked a room around Disnelyand. Planning on having dinner the night before at Goofy's Kitchen. Anyone else have similar plans?pirate:

you cruise. trust me I know this :lmao:

You will HATE to have a paradoxical reaction:yay::rotfl2: ... H Y P E R :banana:

Please take it from me, try it first!!! Everyone told me to give it to my 2 year old before a long flight to HI and she was so H Y P E R!!! I will never do anything like that again.

Hi Everyone!!!

This is our first Disney Cruise and we would like to be part of the FE Gift exchange. Is it too late? How is it done? Let me know...hope to hear from you soon!!!

We will try to get there by 11 am. We only have a 20 minute drive- actually maybe it might be 25 minutes at the most but the closer you are, the easier it is to be late! I am getting excited about the trip. My kids haven't said too much but they really still don't know much about cruising so it will be fun to find out all about it.

We just booked a room around Disnelyand. Planning on having dinner the night before at Goofy's Kitchen. Anyone else have similar plans?pirate:

We will be staying at the Hilton 2 blogs from Disneyland. We're planning to have dinner either at Catal (as always) or maybe try Napa Rose this time.

Hi Everyone!!!

This is our first Disney Cruise and we would like to be part of the FE Gift exchange. Is it too late? How is it done? Let me know...hope to hear from you soon!!!

Welcome!!! I certainly can't answer for anyone else, but I don't mind if you join the FE group. You should keep in mind though, that the list has been closed for awhile and some may have ordered/made only enough for the number of cabins that were signed up. In other words I would feel bad if your family went to a lot of trouble making or buying gifts and them ended up with a bunch of stuff bought at the last minute-although if you're like me, the joy is in the giving, so it doesn't really matter!

Can you please provide your room number, how many adults/kids,gender and ages of kids.

We will be staying at the Hilton 2 blogs from Disneyland. We're planning to have dinner either at Catal (as always) or maybe try Napa Rose this time.

Napa Rose is fantastic! We're staying at Paradise Pier the night before we cruise. I'd like to hit DL for a few hours, but the kids might be happy with just hanging out by the pool. I guess a week of pools, sea, and sun aren't enough of a draw to pull them away from the PP pool.:rotfl:

I know they do pin trading on the cruise. Does anyone know if they trade Vinylmations?

So the plan is to meet in the terminal @ 11:00, right? We will probably get there around 10 or so. We are staying @ the doubletree and DD will probably have us up at 6:00 AM (or earlier given the time change). I'd feel better hanging around the terminal rather than the hotel. Then, I know I'm there.

So the plan is to meet in the terminal @ 11:00, right? We will probably get there around 10 or so. We are staying @ the doubletree and DD will probably have us up at 6:00 AM (or earlier given the time change). I'd feel better hanging around the terminal rather than the hotel. Then, I know I'm there.

Yes, the plan is still to meet in the terminal around 11, but it sounds like some of us will be there even earlier. I will come up with some way to identify our group and it will probably be Dis green to make it easier.

As far as late comers go for the FE exchange, I will leave it up to each family to decide if they want to participate and if more want to be included I will just add their info to the list and you can choose to buy/make more gifts or not. I am just a big softie and don't want anyone to feel left out but I also understand if some of you can't make or buy anything else. I am so excited to meet you all and I am beyond ready for a vacation:beach:

Thanks for letting us join the FE exchange. Our party has 2 adults and one 7 year old girl.

How many gifts will I need to bring? What kinds of things? For how many days? I'm such a rookie at this!!

Thanks for letting us join the FE exchange. Our party has 2 adults and one 7 year old girl.

How many gifts will I need to bring? What kinds of things? For how many days? I'm such a rookie at this!!

The Fish Extender is something that you hang from the fish next to your stateroom door, some people buy fancy ones, but I'm using my son's pirate bag from Halloween. I will post the participant list after this post so you know how many people/cabins are involved, but the type and number of gifts are totally up to you. A great place for ideas is the homemade FE gift thread but I have seen everything from handmade scrapbooks and art to plastic toys and gum. Some people bring something that is specific to their state or country (maple syrup-Vermont, Canadian candy, Scottish shortbread etc...) Some like to deliver gifts on 1 day and some disperse them throughout the week. Basically, it is up to you and it's meant to be fun! Please let the group know if you need any help, we are mostly newbies but we've been around the boards for almost a year now (wow)!

stinkerbe11: Room 5520, 2 adults, ds(6), dd(3.5) tree nut allergy
2littlegirls: Room 2633, 2adults, dd(4), dd(3)
dllocals: Room 8008, 2 adults, dd(11),dd(8)
ssawka: Room 7628, 2 adults, dd(9) gluten-free, items geared toward younger child.
rrbar: Room 2105, 2 adults, ds(13), ds(15)
princessDadx2 & wuv tigger: Room 2620, 2 adults, dd(10), dd(8) apple allergy all kinds
Shoppingstaceysmom: Room 6135, 3 adults
Tiff@DL: Room 6089, 2 adults
Mar@DL: Room 6085(adults), 6081(kids) 2 adults, dd(15), dd(13)
rhinosbiggestfan: Rooms 6608 and 6609, 2 adults, ds(13), dd(8), ds(5), ds(2), dd(15)
aldarowa: Room 5140, 2 adults, dd(10)
simbasmom2: Room 6032, 2 adults, dd(14), dd(10)
moffboyz2: Room 6532, 2 adults, ds(10) peanut, tree nut allergies, ds(5) peanut, tree nut, milk, egg allergies.
jaybirdsmom: Room 2043, 2 adults, dd(7).

I need your stateroom numbers and don't forget to include any pertinent information such as allergies, special requests etc...

Does anyone know our theme night schedule yet? Or does anyone know how we can find out? only 18 DAYS!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter