January 30, 2005 Anyone?

Okay, after looking at your pictures, maybe you can help me! I think I must be the worse photographer in the world. My husband downloaded a bunch of our pics today on my PC, and I don't think they came out that well at all!

(I'm disappointed because he just me the new Koday 6.1 MP camera for Christmas, and this is really the first time I've used it.)

Your pictures are really fabulous! What kind of camera did you use? Film or digital and was it point-and-shoot or SLR? I'm just curious because so many of my pictures came out dark, and even your inside shots of the shows and characters in the atrium came out really well.

Also, you got a lot of close-ups. How did you do that (i.e., Sail-Away party and Pirates' Night)? Were you that close or what kind of zoom does your camera have?

Oh, BTW, to answer your question, we had glow-in-the-dark BRACELETS on at the POC party, so I'm not sure if it was us you saw or not. I think I may have seen your DS with a glo stick. Where were you at for the party? We were sitting atop the back of the goofy pool.

I'd love to download some of your pictures for my album if you don't mind. They are really good pictures--much better than ours. Would you mind if we used some of them for our souvenir album (i.e., ship and scenery shots)?

Deb

I was using a digital camera for all the pictures. I mainly used a panasonic 5 mp FZ20. A few were taken with my old 3.2mp Olympus like the one of my DS at the show. The FZ20 has image stabilization which is why I think the one on my son was blurry. Sometimes even w/image stabilization on the movement of the ship was too much.

The FZ20 is a point and shoot digital. It does have a 12x optical zoom on it but when you zoom past 3x or 4x you really need to use a tripod to prevent blurriness so I rarely zoomed above 3x since I didn't use a tripod. The camera has lots of settings but I basically used the auto setting for all pics.

During the shows since you aren't allowed to use a flash, I just turned the flash off and waited for the whiter lights to shine on the performers. Sometimes because of the slight delay some are darker than I would have liked.

For all the character pics in the atrium I did have the flash on. Oh wait you're talking about the ones from the until we meet again party. I don't think I did use the flash, I can't remember. We were one floor up from Mickey and Minnie and Jacqui at this party.

At Castaway Cay, I walked out to the Heads up bar and set the camera on the fence and used the zoom to get some shots of the ship. Because of the suns position I probably should have adjusted some settings on the camera so they wouldn't have turned out so bright. Also some of the pics of CC and the ship may have been when we were on the paddle boat. I took both cameras out on the boat w/us and used both.

For the sail away party we were standing on the upper deck on the left side of the stage. For the pirates party we were down on the right side by the stage, so we were pretty close there. We were right next to the steps around the stage so I didn't use a zoom on any of those.

You're welcome to use any pics you want. I have about 275 pics altogether. I think these are all my pics w/out people in them, all the rest have members of our family in them.

You can try using some editing software either that came w/the camera or another to lighten up some of the pictures. It helps to read the manual w/the camera and take pictures using the appropriate settings, however I only used auto. Kodak dig cameras generally take great pics, was it only the indoor pics that were a bit dark? Are you happy with the outdoor pics?

Thunderrd-

Great pictures! We had to be really close to each other at the Pirate Party. My daughter had a glow necklace on and she was in a Tinkerbell costume, but we weren't there very long. Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

Julie
:sunny:

my 2 kids had glow necklaces on at the pirate party. We were right in the front for that too. I always get confused with Port/Starboard. We were to the left of the stage if you were facing it. My DH was actually sitting on the step of the stage!!!

The kids had a great time. I thought that the Mickey Pool was a bit out of control though!!! We did book another cruise while on board in order to lock in the discounts. You can cancel up until 75 days before your sail date for a full refund, and we wanted to retain that option.

I am sure some of us passed each other during the trip. I am sorry I never got to meet anyone. I was looking for green HD Mickeys and stuff, but never saw any!!!!

Anyone got their CD/DVD (??) from DCL yet? I've read on these boards that DCL sends out a CD with some music and the ship's horn on it.

Deb

Cool! Didn't know about that! Haven't gotten one but will be on the lookout now.

Hope everyone's doing well!

Lisa

Dcanoli said:
Anyone got their CD/DVD (??) from DCL yet? I've read on these boards that DCL sends out a CD with some music and the ship's horn on it.

Deb
we got ours a bit after the cruise after we got the first castaway club cards. It has a screensaver. The problem was my ds had to install it for me as it just didn't want to open anywhere on any of my programs.
You'll love the screensaver. I have it on my pc and my dh has one that was posted months ago with pics from the ship with disney music.

Hey guys! I got a little surprise in the mail today!! Be on the lookout!

Lisa

Hey Lisa,

You just reminded me that I forgot to get the mail today! LOL! I'd better go check! ;)

Okay, what did you girls get? I got a letter from the cruise line, but no CD!

What are the Castaway Cay cards? We've never gotten those either...

they come in a separate mailing. Must tell you they are very stingy about the cards.On our first cruise there were 8 of us and dh paid the bill. The 2 cards were in my name and my ds. Not DH!!! Boy was he ticked. Spoke to dcl and the cm was very rude and condescending to me. Very unlike disney. After I spoke to her a bit she agreed to have his sent out and told me to scare me 8-12 weeks or so. The card came in a few weeks and he is extremely happy. Took that card and placed it in his card carrier the whole 4 days on the 2nd cruise.
Just give them a call to see when they will send it out and see what they say.I was given the #s over the phone for everyone and I think they thought it was going to appease me.Ha!!! I'm in customer service as well .
The castaway club disc comes in a large envelope that looks like a treasure chest. (That was addressed to ds)

Just got our package today. Looks like a brown treasure chest. Had 4 Castaway club cards in it. Only 3 were printed. Not sure why my DS did not get one. Will need to call them. Also got the CD in that package!!! Has 9 or 10 music tracs, a few jpg photos and a screen saver.

nala1128 said:
Just got our package today. Looks like a brown treasure chest. Had 4 Castaway club cards in it. Only 3 were printed. Not sure why my DS did not get one. Will need to call them. Also got the CD in that package!!! Has 9 or 10 music tracs, a few jpg photos and a screen saver.

Same thing happened to us! Only got 3 cards of 4 with names on them -
DS #1 did not get one.

BUT TODAY got another whole package addressed to him!! With just his one CC card! (I had not called) So I'd wait a few days before you call. I put the other CD in my car. The boys love the ship's horn!

I sure am getting tempted to put a deposit down on a 7-day Magic cruise for summer '06! Anybody else getting the itch?

Lisa

We put a deposit on 7 night while onboard so we could take advantage of their incentives. We booked for Nov. 06, but may move it to earlier in the year!!!! I will be on the lookout for a package for my son too! Thanks for the heads up!!

Dcanoli said:
Are anyone else's signatures not working at the bottom of the posts?

Deb
There is a thread on the boards about this. apparently because of security reasons they eliminated the countdown clocks as they have html scripting. You have to go to these other sites to get this dumb slider countdown.
Oh well it was nice while it lasted. By the way we rebooked a 3dayer for sept 8. Hope no hurricanes this year.

Oh well, it WAS nice while it lasted, and yes, that slider is DUMB! Too bad for us....I enjoy reading/looking at everyone's signatures...

Congrats on your 3-day cruise; is that the only one you have booked right now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter