January 30, 2005 Anyone?

Whenever my kids get runny noses and stuff or I feel like I am getting the sniffles, I take Airborne. You can get it in Walmart, it is with the cold remedies. I also take it before I get on an airplane to travel. It is supposed to help your immune system!

Getting all packed up... nothing else to do since we are in the midst of a big blizzard. It is supposed to leave 18-24" by the time it ends. We were supposed to go see Disney on Ice Mickey and Minnies Magical journey @ 11AM as a prelude to our vacation, but it looks like it will be canceled :sad:

nala1128 said:
Whenever my kids get runny noses and stuff or I feel like I am getting the sniffles, I take Airborne. You can get it in Walmart, it is with the cold remedies. I also take it before I get on an airplane to travel. It is supposed to help your immune system!

Getting all packed up... nothing else to do since we are in the midst of a big blizzard. It is supposed to leave 18-24" by the time it ends. We were supposed to go see Disney on Ice Mickey and Minnies Magical journey @ 11AM as a prelude to our vacation, but it looks like it will be canceled :sad:
When we moved out to LI in 76 a year or so later they had the big blizzard which shut down the NY area for 3 days.The kids loved the drifts but it was really difficult.One of the neighbors had a snowmobile and ran food runs to the local market. We took the beetle which is a great car for the snow and got around a bit.Wish you a speedy thaw.

I agree with the Airborne idea - I use it often and I really think it helps! Give it a try - it's worth it!

Julie

Thanks for the tips about Airborne - I've never heard of it before, but I am def going to get some first thing tomorrow - for me! Update: DS seems to be no worse, maybe even a little better. He's been pestering his DB most of the day, so he can't be that ill. :earboy2:

Robin - so sorry about the Disney on Ice show. I saw some of the storm coverage on CNN. Also saw the story about the norwalk on RCL (?), coming into Pt. Canaveral tomorrow. :earseek: Yikes!

Scary stuff about the Norwalk virus! But I heard that Disney is especially diligent about keeping the ship clean. I am addicted to that sanitizer gel too! We also all got flu shots this year as I knew we were going on the cruise. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and happy for our vacation!

We all need to throw some pixie dust at our cruise. I'm reading about the missed docking at cc on the last 7day magic and the bad weather.I missed both Nassau and CC on my first due to Hurricane Jeanne and would like to finally get to the island.
To all of you up north just make sure you stay warm and safe. Spoke to a lot of snowed in people today in NY,Mass,NJ and CT.Seems noone is going anywhere tomorrow. I'm sure the airports will be open later in the week so y"all can get down here.
Bought my hand sanitizers today altho DCL supplies plenty of wipes I'm not taking any chances. Sprayed my work areawhen I got in today. Even tho I hide my headset when I'm gone so noone can use it you can't be too safe.

arlenesp said:
We all need to throw some pixie dust at our cruise. I'm reading about the missed docking at cc on the last 7day magic and the bad weather.I missed both Nassau and CC on my first due to Hurricane Jeanne and would like to finally get to the island.
To all of you up north just make sure you stay warm and safe. Spoke to a lot of snowed in people today in NY,Mass,NJ and CT.Seems noone is going anywhere tomorrow. I'm sure the airports will be open later in the week so y"all can get down here.
Bought my hand sanitizers today altho DCL supplies plenty of wipes I'm not taking any chances. Sprayed my work areawhen I got in today. Even tho I hide my headset when I'm gone so noone can use it you can't be too safe.

No kidding! I'm starting to get those 'pre-vacation' jitters. I guess that's how it is for us 'obsessive planners'! Why else would I be up this early in the morning?

I just finished reading the 1/15 Magic thread too (if you guys haven't, DON'T). There seem to be a lot of folks upset about their week.

Have a great Monday! :cheer2:

Lisa

I just finished reading the 1/15 Magic thread too (if you guys haven't, DON'T).

Well you know when you say not to do something it just makes you want to do it even more. I haven't read it...yet.

:wizard: :teleport: :wizard:

Actually maybe it's a good thing that they didn't get to CC. I read a while back about all the missed dockings and it really is kinda rare so now that there's already been one this month, no need for any more.

As far as snow, we got some and unless the car gets washed we'll be easy to spot in the parking lot. Our car is splattered white from all the salt on the road.

I've got the hand sanitizers too! Packing extra and may just bring a can of lysol too.

Hoping we have all :sunny: days and smooth :boat:.

Sending out pixie dust and :sunny: and :goodvibes: to all.

I can't read the board from the wonder cuise. Too stressed out. Saturday during the blizzard, my washing machine broke down right in the middle of doing my kids clothes. Now I have suitcases with not much in them!!! Schools were closed today due to the weather, so I am about to venture out with my 2 kids to the appliance store. This will be tons of fun!!!! :earboy2: I am starting to panic about getting packed, because we are flying Wed. around noon. Only have today and tomorrow to get it together.

Can't wait to get there already! :Pinkbounc

On another note, they actually did not cancel our Disney on Ice show, and since the venue is not far from us, we ventured out. There were maybe 500 people in a venue that holds 12,000 or something like that. We ended up in the front, row, practically on the ice. Many of the performers and carachters came right over to my kids, high fived, and shook hands. It was very exciting for them!!!!!
Good day to all! I am off to get a new washing machine! :wave:

Wow - you all have been busy writing in here! I have been away from the computer for a while and there were 5 new pages of threads to catch up on!!

DH "earned" a trip to Aruba from work - which leaves us 9 days between to launder and re-pack ugh! - and we had a great time there. I know that Aruba is much warmer this time of year, it's only 30 miles from the coast of Venezuela, but the water was great! I can only hope that the water at CC will be as nice. Cool shiver on the toes when you first dipped in, but didn't notice when we were snorkeling around a while.

I'm thrilled about Pirate night! I just loove Jack Sparrow - hope that ours is half as cute as Johnny Depp! And the kids want to go to the movies to see the Incredibles again. Got our autograph books ready for the 1st morning breakfast. Thanks again for all the tips!!

Chrissie

Pixie dust all around please. I am a little worried that we won't go now, as we put my 82yr old father in law in the hospital at 2 am today. He has pylonephritis and is pretty sick. If he has anything to say about it we will go, but at this point my dh may not feel comfortable. That's why I buy insurance, but ....

Chrissie, Aruba is beatiful. Have stopped there twice on different cruises and thought it was gourgeous. Great beaches and snorkling. (I have heard the scuba diving is good too) .

Keeping the pixie dust flowing :teleport: Kathy

Here's the forecast for Nassau:
Sun Jan 30 Partly Cloudy 77°/65° 20 %
Mon Jan 31 Partly Cloudy 77°/65° 0 %
Tue Feb 01 Partly Cloudy 78°/65° 0 %
Wed Feb 02 Partly Cloudy 77°/64° 10 %

Looks ok to me. :cheer2:

hi everyone , well ihaven't let myself get too excited about this trip as i have had to cancel the last 3 cruises i have booked . but seeing as we are only 6 days away and recent blizzard was not as bad here as we were expecting and everyone is still healthyand i got my docs and have filled them out and have my 2 dds packed well :cool1: . i can't wait to meet you all best wishes that we all get to go . i know how hard it is to have to cancel. :guilty: we are actually flying in the day of the cruise and right back out again can't get more time off of school or work. did we arrange a meeting place? we will be the ones carrying winter coats. see you all soon tomi

Okay, let's get our "crew" list started...would you guys mind PM'ing me your room numbers and names, and I'll make one list and post it here tonight or tomorrow so we can see who all is going and if we're close to each other's rooms on the ships. It's that time!!!! :) YIPPEE!! WE'VE ALMOST MADE IT GIRLS!

Debbie

Kathy - sending loads of pixie dust your way :worried: That is terrible news about your FIL. I hope everything turns out OK.

sumfun said:
did we arrange a meeting place? we will be the ones carrying winter coats. see you all soon tomi

I guess we need to finalize some meet plans! Some of you are leaving TOMORROW! RIGHT?! I'm still up for coffee - Monday 9 am, Quiet Cove. I'll make a neon green sign - "DIS - January 30, 2005 Anyone?" If anyone can't or just isn't interested, that's OK, because we've had loads of fun just chatting online!

If anyone wants to "call" some other meets (Sun, Tues, Wed) I'm game for that too (sorry, can't make this text NOT bold now) since everyone has diff. plans with family and friends. We don't have to meet for long, just enough to put name to face in case we happen to be on the same excursion, playing bingo together, etc. Anyone want to volunteer another plan?

Liholi,

You make the sign. That's a really good idea. That way, we can at least stop by to put names to faces.

I'll make the the room/name list and post it here, hopefully, tonight so those leaving tomorrow and the next day can read and/or print it.

If any of you have some other ideas, let us know, so can finalize things in the next day or two.

Deb

I printed three - signs that is. I can leave one with someone else in case I can't make a meet.

We're planning on being at the terminal pretty early 10:00 - 10:30, so I may just clip one to my bag. So don't be shy guys!

This is so great! I am getting so excited!

We are planning on getting to the terminal pretty early too, so I'll keep an eye out for you! Also, here's an idea--we should all go to Home Depot and pick up a MM paint color card to attach to our carry-on bag for easy spotting too.

My in-laws want to leave Pop Century pretty early Sunday morning, so we should be there by 10-10:30. I'm hoping it will still be pretty empty at that time of morning....

I've only gotten two PMs so far--I guess we'll have to wait for everyone else to log back on to the boards to read our notes.

See you gals soon! Deb

Kathy, sorry to hear aout your situation. I hope all turns put well for you!

Will be unable to make a Mon. 9AM meet. I think that is when the Nassau excursion that we chose departs.

Deb: I just sent you my info via PM. Hopefully, others will respond soon too, and the list can be posted by the end of today. We will be leaving the hosue fairly early tomorrow to get to the airport. Supposed to get 1-3" of snow overnight into tomorrow. Hopefully no flight problems due to this!!

Any plans for anything at the sail away party?

Will all the DIS'ers be the ones blowing bubbles? LOL.

According to weather.com Nassau is to be partly cloudly and 77-80 for Mon-Wed next week.

Hope the seas are calm and the days sunny.

:sunny: :sunny: :wizard: :cheer2: :cool1: :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter