• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 29, 2011 - 7 Day Eastern - WOOHOO!!

I will have to check into that!!! Unfortunately I have lots of time...lol

Well POP just happens to be our fave Disney Hotel...JD likes Animal Kingdom but kids like POP much better and I am easy.....no wonder I have so many kids.....:lmao::rotfl: sorry couldnt resist...:confused3

I will look on the Best Western website....thank you :flower3:

Haha! You are a bad one!!! :rotfl:

The one reason I'd stay in "more" than a value hotel again is if our son came. Last time he came we stayed at an All Star resort, he was 15 and it was a little crowded with the two "bears" and we had the same issue with the TV! Isn't that funny!!!

This time we had 3 days after the cruise and spent only one at Universal. We spent one relaxing at Pop and then spent one MK resort hopping. We visited Polynesian and Grand Floridian. WOW! We didn't swim cause it was cool, but we did look around, take lots of pics and even did a scavenger hunt at the Poly. I was too embarassed to admit we weren't staying there though!!! :rotfl: We also visited the Boardwalk for the first time. Too bad it was pouring rain!!!! We missed all the entertainment that way. We ate at Cat Cora's though. It was lovely.

Joelle

They can't have separate accounts, but you can get a report from guest services that shows how much each person is charging. If you book an excursion through DSL for that person, it will show up under their name too. DS had a $40 gift card to spend on board & the report made it easier to keep track of what he spent (minus the excursion).

Ok so I could get them gift cards? So where do I get them.....:lmao: I am in Canada so I have no idea where to go besides the obvious. Can you order them online?

No free breakfast sandwiches for us. Didn't even know about the deal! I am going through some serious laziness though. Had soup and sandwiches for dinner last night and feel like ordering in tonight! Only a week and we're already spoiled! :scared1:

Again, so sorry I didn't meet you and your family, but DD said she saw "tall Nick" around the ship and that she was wondering why he didn't go to the Vibe. I told her I thought it might be your son and that he was only 13. She said he looked 17 or 18! :rotfl:

That would have been him. He did get the choice to switch up after the second day but he made friends in the Edge so stayed there.

It was funny to watch the out and about pool party in the Mickey Pool one night they were playing some football? game in the pool. All he had to do was reach up and get it every time. But he is good at sharing. :lmao:

Joelle, definitely they should keep emailing! Haley just may not respond very quickly now that her privledges have been been diminished. Maybe we'll meet on another cruise!

In regards to Country Inn, the kids bunkbed room does have a TV in both the kids area and the main area.

5boyz, I would not buy too many gift cards for the kids unless you would be spending enough money on the cruise to swap out their gift cards for cash if they don't use them (if that makes sense). DS had $50 in gift cards - he spend $6 on bikes at Castaway Cay but that was it, so we ended up "buying" the rest of his gift cards since he didn't use them.

Joelle, definitely they should keep emailing! Haley just may not respond very quickly now that her privledges have been been diminished. Maybe we'll meet on another cruise!

In regards to Country Inn, the kids bunkbed room does have a TV in both the kids area and the main area.

5boyz, I would not buy too many gift cards for the kids unless you would be spending enough money on the cruise to swap out their gift cards for cash if they don't use them (if that makes sense). DS had $50 in gift cards - he spend $6 on bikes at Castaway Cay but that was it, so we ended up "buying" the rest of his gift cards since he didn't use them.

Thanks Melissa!!! I know exactly what you mean about the GC and the having to buy them. So I will just add cash to the OBC if they use all of that...I dont use any of it!!! This time my dh is bringing more beer than he did the last time....I am making him....hee hee. That is so awesome about Disney Cruise!!!!

I looked at the Country Inn, the bunkbed room actually, the hotel looks really nice. I will have to get organized it is only like 5mths away and before you know it it's here and gone......:confused:

Ok so I could get them gift cards? So where do I get them.....:lmao: I am in Canada so I have no idea where to go besides the obvious. Can you order them online?

You can buy them on line. I wouldn't but too many of them unless you really think they will spend the money & your ok with them spending the money. My DS wants to have more gift cards to spend on the next cruise. He liked the arcade & the pins.

That would have been him. He did get the choice to switch up after the second day but he made friends in the Edge so stayed there.

It was funny to watch the out and about pool party in the Mickey Pool one night they were playing some football? game in the pool. All he had to do was reach up and get it every time. But he is good at sharing. :lmao:

My son was there that night too and was the other "tall" kid LOL He said he heard someone comment that the couldn't believe that they were young enough to be in the Edge and would ask for ID next time ( joking of course LOL)
Dylan got a kick out of your son's handy work LOL

My son was there that night too and was the other "tall" kid LOL He said he heard someone comment that the couldn't believe that they were young enough to be in the Edge and would ask for ID next time ( joking of course LOL)
Dylan got a kick out of your son's handy work LOL

Yes, we did think that both your boys were tall! Did Aidan(?) go into the Vibe at all? Lauren LOVED the counsellors. They were the ones that brought her out of her shell. On other cruises, while the kids were still nice kids, she has just sat and been to shy to talk. These ones: Alfred, Casey and James really worked on making sure the kids were mingling. There were alot of Girls vs Boys and team games which we know build bonds or at least helps them to make friends. She ended up visiting every night after dinner and some afternoons. Sounds like she would have had equal fun in the Edge! We had a 13 yr old at our table who was too shy to visit the Edge, even with Lauren's coercing. She even mentioned Haley. Oh well, she had two parents who LOVED spending time with her and most nights she was in bed at 10:30.

Yes, we did think that both your boys were tall! Did Aidan(?) go into the Vibe at all? Lauren LOVED the counsellors. They were the ones that brought her out of her shell. On other cruises, while the kids were still nice kids, she has just sat and been to shy to talk. These ones: Alfred, Casey and James really worked on making sure the kids were mingling. There were alot of Girls vs Boys and team games which we know build bonds or at least helps them to make friends. She ended up visiting every night after dinner and some afternoons. Sounds like she would have had equal fun in the Edge! We had a 13 yr old at our table who was too shy to visit the Edge, even with Lauren's coercing. She even mentioned Haley. Oh well, she had two parents who LOVED spending time with her and most nights she was in bed at 10:30.

Aidan went to the Edge a few times and seemed to enjoy it. He had a great time at their pool party. He is very much a loner though and spent a lot of time hanging our with himself. HE also had a wicked sinus infection and that kinda sucked some life out of him. Wasn't until near the end of the cruise that he was feeling more like himself. At one point I dragged him into the adult pool so he could enjoy a swim. The other pool was always so crowded with younger kids there was no room for his giant body. I figured no one would ever guess he was younger than 18. We had people trying to serve him alcohol all week LOL You should have seen their face when we told them he was only 15!

We are thinking of another cruise maybe in 2013 and figured Aidan would be to old to go at that point. When I asked him if he would go again he said YES!!! Guess I passed on my Disney gene.

:scared1:
Aidan went to the Edge a few times and seemed to enjoy it. He had a great time at their pool party. He is very much a loner though and spent a lot of time hanging our with himself. HE also had a wicked sinus infection and that kinda sucked some life out of him. Wasn't until near the end of the cruise that he was feeling more like himself. At one point I dragged him into the adult pool so he could enjoy a swim. The other pool was always so crowded with younger kids there was no room for his giant body. I figured no one would ever guess he was younger than 18. We had people trying to serve him alcohol all week LOL You should have seen their face when we told them he was only 15!

We are thinking of another cruise maybe in 2013 and figured Aidan would be to old to go at that point. When I asked him if he would go again he said YES!!! Guess I passed on my Disney gene.

Terri and Joelle...so the kids liked the clubs, mine will be DS15 ,but is as tall as me, which as you know is giant..:lmao: DD12 she is also the same height as me...lol! not that that matters was just saying cuz Aidan is 15 and could pass for whatever drinking age is on the seas...:rolleyes1 Mine LOVED them on the Carnival cruise last July. DS's nickname was Canada.....there were not very many Canadians and tons of Floridians...lol. He has a few of the friends on facebook, good old facebook...

:scared1:

Terri and Joelle...so the kids liked the clubs, mine will be DS15 ,but is as tall as me, which as you know is giant..:lmao: DD12 she is also the same height as me...lol! not that that matters was just saying cuz Aidan is 15 and could pass for whatever drinking age is on the seas...:rolleyes1 Mine LOVED them on the Carnival cruise last July. DS's nickname was Canada.....there were not very many Canadians and tons of Floridians...lol. He has a few of the friends on facebook, good old facebook...

The boys who were 12 and 15 both enjoyed the clubs. They didn't love them but enjoy the time they spent there. Dylan had a bit of an issue at the Edge on the second day and it took me 2 days to convince him to go back. Once he did he enjoyed himself.

The boys who were 12 and 15 both enjoyed the clubs. They didn't love them but enjoy the time they spent there. Dylan had a bit of an issue at the Edge on the second day and it took me 2 days to convince him to go back. Once he did he enjoyed himself.

Nicholas enjoyed the club too. I think he did the Out and About alot because everytime we checked he wasn't there but they knew him well and where we might find him.

He had a blast and is very socialable so that helped. Hannah on the other hand was a loner in the club so she went and did crafts etc but never really made any friends just the councelors that knew her by name and knew what she liked to do. She spend a lot of time with us and that was ok too.

Nicholas was mad at me because I didnt' tell him he could wear his jeans for casual nights in the dining rooms. I made him were docker type pants like his dad and he hated them. :lmao: Did let him wear them our last night though.

Tons of pictures too....bought a lot too. We had three cameras going too so some are the same and the kids are a litte different...lol

This post is my 8,800 reply....wow I need a life.

Hi just checking in! It's sunny today, thank goodness because it went from 3 degrees yesterday at noon down to -18 by 7 pm. :scared1: What a looney winter this has been!

Who else is comparing each day to what we would be doing if we were still on the ship? Saturday morning I said to DH, "well, the Eastern Caribbean cruise is getting ready to board!" I think he thinks I should get a life! :lmao:

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's day. :)

Joelle

Hi just checking in! It's sunny today, thank goodness because it went from 3 degrees yesterday at noon down to -18 by 7 pm. :scared1: What a looney winter this has been!

Who else is comparing each day to what we would be doing if we were still on the ship? Saturday morning I said to DH, "well, the Eastern Caribbean cruise is getting ready to board!" I think he thinks I should get a life! :lmao:

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's day. :)

Joelle

Me Me I do!!! :lmao: This time last week (well 2 weeks ago now) blah blah. I am sitting here right now trying to plan our 6night Disney & 6night Cocoa Beach Vacation for July. The kids didnt want to do Disney again this year but as the time is coming closer they have decided that maybe they do...:rotfl: so decided to do shorter Disney and do something we have never done...go to Cocoa Beach......:rolleyes1.

I miss all the chatter on here.......:rolleyes1

Yep we compared too. On friday when it was cold and windy I told Hannah , last week at this time we were on Castawy Cay and the beach.

I just took her braids out a few days away. I told it was time. They were getting the fuzzy look and her head must have got a burn because it was starting to flake too...not pretty.

Now both kids have colds. Hope I don't get it.

The weather is suppose to get to 12 by Friday....can't wait for that. Going to Waterloo to see my mom and show her all the pictures we took. Plus compare notes with my sister who was on the Dream the same weekend we left. She said she took video of the boat for me.

Just finished up scrape booking the pictures we bought on board. I am hate to admit but I spend a mint on pictures. I think we had the second package of photos. 30 pictures most of them 8X10 , Heck maybe it was the third one. I didn't pay for it hubby did, I do love that man he feeds my addiction to photos and Disney.

Yep we compared too. On friday when it was cold and windy I told Hannah , last week at this time we were on Castawy Cay and the beach.

I just took her braids out a few days away. I told it was time. They were getting the fuzzy look and her head must have got a burn because it was starting to flake too...not pretty.

Now both kids have colds. Hope I don't get it.

The weather is suppose to get to 12 by Friday....can't wait for that. Going to Waterloo to see my mom and show her all the pictures we took. Plus compare notes with my sister who was on the Dream the same weekend we left. She said she took video of the boat for me.

Just finished up scrape booking the pictures we bought on board. I am hate to admit but I spend a mint on pictures. I think we had the second package of photos. 30 pictures most of them 8X10 , Heck maybe it was the third one. I didn't pay for it hubby did, I do love that man he feeds my addiction to photos and Disney.

Wow scrapbooked already I am VERY impressed!!! Just took advantage of costco's 10 cent prints and printed a whole bunch.
We managed to get away with just the small package but boy was it hard to turn down some of those pictures. Stood right by the no thank you bin so I could get rid of pics with no second guessing.

Wow scrapbooked already I am VERY impressed!!! Just took advantage of costco's 10 cent prints and printed a whole bunch.
We managed to get away with just the small package but boy was it hard to turn down some of those pictures. Stood right by the no thank you bin so I could get rid of pics with no second guessing.

This is the first time we've bought picture because they were SO good. I hear you! Thank goodness DH is impatient and won't stand in line for all the posed ones. I was sad that he went to the bathroom for our Pirate night pose-the photographer said he'd come back but forgot and then we did had a Palo one taken on Friday night but we went up just before 10 and they didn't have it and said it would be available on the machine later and it wasn't. :(

I only spent about $ 60 on photos BUT only got 3! As a frugal individual I was over thinking it and then I stopped stressing and just chalked it up to beautiful photos with my family and THOSE are PRICELESS!

Ah, pictures! I knew we didn't have the extra in our budget so we opted out of all of the photo opps so I wouldn't have to choose :) Maybe next time! We still had about 200 on our camera and I have one that I really like so that's good.

We were doing the "oh we were at xyz one week ago!" last week too. So sad to be home on one hand but glad to be back in a routine on the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter