• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 29, 2011 - 7 Day Eastern - WOOHOO!!

Snowy greetings everyone!!
We just arrived home around noon today. Not a bad flight but wow when we arrived in Buffalo. It was very white and unfortuately not white sand. DS was over a hour late getting us due to the weather and a tie up at the border but did arrive safely. :cheer2: Took him about 2 hours from St Catharines to get there following plows at 10 km/hour. Not much better driving back and decided to stay at his house for the night. Left early this morning as people would be starting to arrive for a big university Superbowl party and not really a place for Mom and Dad:lmao:

Wanted to thank everyone for the FE gifts and making our anniversary trip :lovestruc such and enjoyable and memorable one. We had a blast and met alot of new friends. Just wishing that we could have met more of the group. Hope that everyone recovers from there illnesses and I just wish my family room would stop rocking.

We just ordered from room service but they are taking forever:rotfl2:

:grouphug:

Good call to stay at your son's over night. The roads were terrible and the drivers were just as bad, people either were going like crazy or to slow we were almost hitting them coasting....:laughing:

My room service hasn't shown up yet either. :lmao: And my bed isn't made up yet either...

Hi Joanne!!! I had a feeling you would stay over at Cory's last night...I was petrified driving home...:rotfl: So is Fruity going to work tonight........:lmao:

Did your flight leave on time? We were about an late....:scared1: I too am still feeling the ship rocking....:scared1: Has your roomservice come yet? lol!

Glad you made it home safe. Was everything good when you got home? Everyone here survived and were good!!!

We are safely home as well - we drove straight through...arriving home at 8:45 am this morning (Sunday).

We had a WONDERFUL cruise. Thank you so much for all the FE gifts. DD4 LOVED coming back to the room to see if there were any SURPRISES for her! I have to say, I enjoyed it just as well!

We are home!!!

I hope everyone gets home well and had a magical cruise!! We had some fun parts... but we definitely had some low points too. I got sick on the first sea day and remained sick throughout the entire trip. I passed it on to Matt as well... and he is currently napping as he is suffering through the worst parts of it now. We spent a LOT of time in the room napping and watching the movie channel(s) on repeat. Some other issues too... but still better than work!! Hope to hear from everyone soon and THANK YOU all for the wonderful FE gifts!!!

Sorry you were sick. My baby was sick for most of the cruise. We ended up at the ship doctor's twice. We finally got some antibiotics and he was at least able to stop crying for the last day!! Now however DD is sick and I am a little under the weather too. DH goes overseas again tomorrow leaving me home with everyone....hopefully we will all feel better soon!!

We too had some problems with our assistant server....I actually had to bring it up to the overall manager and he was finally replaced after the third night. While we had a good time, too many new and untrained cast members definately impacted the overall service on the ship - it definately wasn't up to par with my previous Disney cruise and actually wasn't even as good as Royal Carribean so we were a little disappointed. The kids had a blast however, except for the dining room experience - which while improved was never great (We ended up with someone in my party never getting entrees twice and missed dessert four times because we left the dining room after being in there for an hour and 45 minutes - my kids are really good in restaurants but that will try anyones patience!!)

Thanks so much for the gifts. My kids and mother-in-law loved it!!

Our dining rotation was different from the other two - ours was APLAPLA. This made my son very happy as he LOVED Animator's. The first night it was absolutely freezing in that dining room. We all had to go back for sweatshirts!

Sorry to hear some people had trouble with servers. Ours were fantastic and bent over backward to get us what we wanted. One of my nephews got ridiculous amounts of food when he requested extras - for example, the garlic shrimp appetizer was only three shrimp, and when he asked for more our server (Dean) brought out two plates loaded with garlic shrimp. It became a running joke. When the head server came to survey us to see if we were getting everything we needed, it happened to be on a night when my husband had three appetizers and two dinner entrees!

I came back with a horrendous sinus infection that may be turning into flu, and vertigo that won't quit. My house is lurching and swaying so badly that I had to call my boss and get him to call in a scopalamine patch for me. I hope I can actually work tomorrow!

Even with the illness, it was a fantastic trip. I would definitely do it again.

Laura so glad I noticed your dd on the night of her bd....it was so funny I just looked over and seen her and dh, I said to Disneysilver is that heymoonkid, she looked was not sure, I then seen the servers coming over to sing..I said listen to hear the little girls name, we were all singing at our table too, then they said her name and I said I thought it was them....then it turns out you were my neighbour......:rotfl: So glad I was able to give her a little surprise on her bd. Well I got over my boat sickness in the late afternoon so hope you and pixelfrog feel better soon.....:wizard::grouphug:

Sorry we didn't get to meet everyone at the ship, we only saw Adventure Women & her family.

We had an absolutely wonderful time! The three of us loved it & are going on the Western Caribbean next January on the Magic! :)

Everyone we accoutered was wonderful! Our servers were Andrea (pronounced Andre) & Kaumong, we are requesting at least Andrea again for our next cruise. Our stateroom hostess Jane was adorable, wonderful & always had a smile.

Loved the Magic, loved everything about it but leaving! :rotfl::rotfl: :scared1:

Sorry you were sick. My baby was sick for most of the cruise. We ended up at the ship doctor's twice. We finally got some antibiotics and he was at least able to stop crying for the last day!! Now however DD is sick and I am a little under the weather too. DH goes overseas again tomorrow leaving me home with everyone....hopefully we will all feel better soon!!

We too had some problems with our assistant server....I actually had to bring it up to the overall manager and he was finally replaced after the third night. While we had a good time, too many new and untrained cast members definately impacted the overall service on the ship - it definately wasn't up to par with my previous Disney cruise and actually wasn't even as good as Royal Carribean so we were a little disappointed. The kids had a blast however, except for the dining room experience - which while improved was never great (We ended up with someone in my party never getting entrees twice and missed dessert four times because we left the dining room after being in there for an hour and 45 minutes - my kids are really good in restaurants but that will try anyones patience!!)

Thanks so much for the gifts. My kids and mother-in-law loved it!!

That was the problem with our cruise this time too. Our assist server was terrible too. She didn't clear the table most nights and was putting the sliver for the main course out while we were eating our soap. She crossed right over my husband soap just as he was eatting it, drinks were filled. Food was cold. I complained too. Other then the dining room experience we had a good time. Oh yeah one night the three of us got our entree and they never bring out my dd's. :confused3 I found our servers were not every personable either, they took our orders and left. It was like night and day when we had lunch in the dining rooms.

My sister was on the Dream last week and she said the food never came out hot either. We never had this problem before and I have been on 5.

Sorry to hear some of you were sick. We too have colds now. All sneezing and blowing noses today.

Our problem was our head server, he forgot stuff all the time and gave the wrong person the meals....but he was nice and I felt sorry for him, our asst server April was great and so was our little Robert our cabin host....awwww he was so little and cute...:lovestruc

We had Robert as well... were you guys next to us or across the hall? My husband was dismayed to hear some teen girl yelling at Robert in the hall one day. He went out to see who it was but they had gone. Apparently she was mad that he was moving her stuff in the bathroom when he cleaned.

We were the door before you on your side.....the nerve of her poor Robert...I heard her yelling at her mom in the hall too.....:scared1: We were room 5505.

Hey everyone!! So nice to meet so many of you. We too LOVED all the FE gifts and the kids got a real kick out of it.

We were first time cruisers so don't really have anything to compare it too. However everyone we dealt with was awesome!!! I would request the same team we had in an instant!!!! Really thinking of booking another cruise in the next few years, just need to figure it all out as I will have 2 in high school by then.

We are still in Florida until Tuesday,weather is pretty crummy though. At least there is no snow to shovel (YET) LOL Spent today at Universal and boy am I pooped!

HI Terri!!! Lucky you...where are you staying? What are your plans for tomorrow and Tues? Have a great time!

P.S. Hi Chris(?) Dylan Aiden and Natalie

Hi Joanne!!! I had a feeling you would stay over at Cory's last night...I was petrified driving home...:rotfl: So is Fruity going to work tonight........:lmao:

Did your flight leave on time? We were about an late....:scared1: I too am still feeling the ship rocking....:scared1: Has your roomservice come yet? lol!

Glad you made it home safe. Was everything good when you got home? Everyone here survived and were good!!!

No fruity is not working tonight.:lmao: We both have sore throats so probably getting something like sounds to be very common. Our flight was one time but just late getting picked up due to the weather. Flight a little bumpy but not bad. All good on the homefront upon return. House still standing and kids were fine :rotfl: DS even had the driveway cleared

No fruity is not working tonight.:lmao: We both have sore throats so probably getting something like sounds to be very common. Our flight was one time but just late getting picked up due to the weather. Flight a little bumpy but not bad. All good on the homefront upon return. House still standing and kids were fine :rotfl: DS even had the driveway cleared

OH no I hope you guys dont get too bad!!! Did you have a good time with your mom and dad? Where did you go for lunch? :rolleyes1 Glad to hear everything was good at home...we had our driveway clear too.....:thumbsup2

Good evening! We made it home! What a long trip home, but we made it in one piece, barely! And it appeared we had a warm spell here at home and we actually can see grass around our house! The kids are exhausted and I sent them to bed at 6:30pm so hopefully they will be well enough rested for school/daycare tomorrow. Aggghhh, back to work tomorrow - yuck!

We had an amazing experience with our servers. We started our rotation with Parrot Cay. Orlan (server) and Juan (***. server) were excellent, they really made our trip. We also had a great room steward who was very friendly and accomodating. In fact I don't recall one person that we came across that was bad.

Thank you all for the amazing fe gifts, we have enjoyed them all and the kids loved receiving and giving out all of the special mail!

Thank you to Stephanie for planning that wonderful day with Henry on St. Thomas, it was a very fun day and we will remember it well.

When will I start to feel like I am not rocking back and forth??:dance3:

Wow, it sounds like there was a fiesty cold virus going around that ship! I started feeling it around Wednesday, but didn't get really sick until last night. For any of you still having ship induced vertigo, I highly advise the scopalamine patch if you can get it from your doctor. It started working within about a half hour and while I'm still feeling a little motion, it's not nearly the lurching my house was doing earlier today.

Unfortunately I wouldn't know if I ran into any of you as I found the boards so late in the game, but next time I cruise I'll know to check in the Disboards as soon as we book!

We had trouble with our server too and our assistant server, April like another curiser posted, was very nice but still we thought the service was lacking. It was very disappointing and nothing like our cruise last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter