January 28, 2012-do you believe in MAGIC?

Hello..Thanks for all the congrats about our new baby!! We really appreciate it.

I am just waiting on this cruise to get here.. I know the rest of the year will fly by for us, so the worst wait will be the first few weeks of January. I own a retail toy store so Oct, Nov and Dec go by very fast and we are extremely busy during those months! the cruise is my treat for surviving it and for my kids bc they deserve a treat too!!

We have successfully booked our airfare for about $232 each from Jackson on Southwest, and we are arriving in Fl on Jan 23, so we have booked at rental car with Budget to have for our Pre cruise stay and we are dropping it at the port on sail day.

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself! I'm Jocelyne, I'm from Winnipeg and this will be my first cruise EVER... I'm so excited!! I'll be travelling with my 6 yr old DD and she has no idea about this cruise - going to be a Christmas surprise (if I can keep the secret that long!) I'm really hoping to meet some new people since I'm travelling solo... hope you're all as friendly as you seem! The FE sounds like great fun, and we'll likely join you on that!

See you soon! :cheer2:

Jocelyne

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself! I'm Jocelyne, I'm from Winnipeg and this will be my first cruise EVER... I'm so excited!! I'll be travelling with my 6 yr old DD and she has no idea about this cruise - going to be a Christmas surprise (if I can keep the secret that long!) I'm really hoping to meet some new people since I'm travelling solo... hope you're all as friendly as you seem! The FE sounds like great fun, and we'll likely join you on that!

Jocelyne

:welcome: I'm glad your joining our group! :) Good luck keeping the cruise a secret from your daughter. I thought about doing that with my DD10, but I had to have someone to share my excitement with (& she's the only one that cares :laughing:). That will be a great Christmas gift for her though!

Hi everyone!

Jocelyne

Welcome, Jocelyne! This will be my family's first cruise, too. Good luck keeping the secret. What a wonderful surprise for your DD.:goodvibes:

Hi everyone!

Jocelyne

Welcome to the group!! I know u are so excited about your first cruise. I remember our first one, and we were so ready to sail when the time came. But, you know since then, I still get crazy excited about every one that we have been on. I have been buying summer clothes like crazy to prepare for this one, bc I know we won't be able to buy things in the winter:)

If you need any pointers, let me know. Maybe I can help! Don't worry about traveling solo, everyone that I have ever met on these boards to sail with have been fantastic people, ones that we are still friends with, even after we got back home.

Looking forward to meeting you. Our two boys are sailing with us, one is 5 and the other will be 6 months. So we have one about your daughters age, and he's not shy at all:)

Is it too early to be looking forward to a January cruise? This will be our third and we can't wait

Is it too early to be looking forward to a January cruise? This will be our third and we can't wait

Absolutely not!!! :thumbsup2 I am just glad that I can talk to people on this board about our cruise. I think the people I'm around in my everyday life are sick of hearing about it. :lmao: I see this is your first post.....:welcome: Do you think you will be joining the FE group? It sounds like lots of fun! :)

Hi everyone!

Jocelyne

:welcome:to the cruise!!! We are really excited and I have to stop myself from marking off the days on the calendar. I usually wait until I get about a 100 days out to start that. Good luck on keeping the secret, my DD and DS usually figure it out, as we always end up rebooking onboard.

Absolutely not! This is our first cruise but we are also counting down to something else just as special. My DH has been deployed to Afghanistan since January of this year and will be due to arrive home in early January next year. We are counting down the time until we get to see him again and actually be a family. It helps that Disney offers so many adult things that we can take advantage of for some alone time to reconnect during the cruise! I have a countdown calendar on my phone to remind me everyday how much closer we are!!! Can't wait!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Hello All,

DW (Jackie) and I (Dave) are booked on this cruise. We live in Northern Virginia (where there was a magnitude 5.8 earthquake today, 8/23, causing a lot of inconvenience but, fortunately, no major damage)! This will be our 11th Disney cruise and so our first as Platinum Castaway Club members. It will also be our 24th cruise overall. Our last two Disney cruises were on the Dream but, after the last one, we realized that we like the old ships better so we can't wait to be back on the Magic in 158 days!

Kids made it through the first 2 days of school. Things are somewhat settling down here for the next couple of weeks, maybe I can focus on the cruise now!

Kids made it through the first 2 days of school. Things are somewhat settling down here for the next couple of weeks, maybe I can focus on the cruise now!

Wow! Your kids start school early. We have a law here that says school can't start until after labor day. Our's starts on September 6th......I can't wait! :laughing:

It probably sounds crazy, but I've already started my packing list!

I've started my packing list. It's so easy for my husband- shirt, tie, pants. But for me, formal & semi formal nights are proving a bit difficult. I don't need fancy dresses for the rest of my life so I'm trying to work with what's in my closet. How formal are you ladies going to be? I'm hoping some sequins will carry me through!

I've started my packing list. It's so easy for my husband- shirt, tie, pants. But for me, formal & semi formal nights are proving a bit difficult. I don't need fancy dresses for the rest of my life so I'm trying to work with what's in my closet. How formal are you ladies going to be? I'm hoping some sequins will carry me through!

I'm sure your sequins will be fine. I will be wearing a long maxi dress and my DD wil be wearing a nice sundress. For the semi-formal we are both just wearing black pants with a dressy top. I agree...I don't want to buy a dress that I will probably never wear again either. :)

I have a dark blue, mid calf length almost semi formal dress that I just use for the cruises. It packs nice and does not have to be ironed. My husband keeps threatening to buy me a new one, but I can't see any reason to buy a new one when this is the only time I need it. I call this my form of recycling!

Wow! Your kids start school early. We have a law here that says school can't start until after labor day. Our's starts on September 6th......I can't wait! :laughing:

It probably sounds crazy, but I've already started my packing list!

I think they start back too late. We used to start the first week in August, but thanks to some rangling (the Outer Banks rental crowd wanting to cash in) in the state house a few years ago, we can't legally start before August 25. I liked it better when we started earlier, as we were out before Memorial Day!

I haven't even gotten to my packing list! I usually make a master list 3 months out, but it easier to pack for just DH and me. When we take the kids, it is a little more involved!

I will be wearing a long maxi dress and my DD wil be wearing a nice sundress. For the semi-formal we are both just wearing black pants with a dressy top. I agree...I don't want to buy a dress that I will probably never wear again either. :)
Yay! That's so good to hear. My dresses I'm bringing are all maxi dresses that I'm trying to dress up a little with cardigans. For the formal night my cardi has a sequin trim. Not so much to blind anyone! Glad to hear I'm on the same wavelength!

Has anyone read the new Passporter? I just got mine a couple weeks ago and I'm devouring it.
Anyone going to Palo? We've never been but we'd like to try it this cruise. I'm especially excited about the high tea!

Has anyone read the new Passporter? I just got mine a couple weeks ago and I'm devouring it.
Anyone going to Palo? We've never been but we'd like to try it this cruise. I'm especially excited about the high tea!

You won't regret Palo. The food, atmosphere, and service are all amazing. It's also nice to have a little break from all the excited children

Absolutely not! This is our first cruise but we are also counting down to something else just as special. My DH has been deployed to Afghanistan since January of this year and will be due to arrive home in early January next year. We are counting down the time until we get to see him again and actually be a family. It helps that Disney offers so many adult things that we can take advantage of for some alone time to reconnect during the cruise! I have a countdown calendar on my phone to remind me everyday how much closer we are!!! Can't wait!!! :dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Wow that does make it a special trip. Does he know, or is it going to be a surprise? I was a soldier in another life, and I still have many friends that serve, so I know our family will be thinking about your DH's safe return and your time to reconnect.

We have never been to Palo before, I am hoping to try it soon. Since we won't have the kids with us, maybe we will!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter