• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 24, 2013 3-Night Bahamian Cruise on Disney Dream

I read somewhere pools are heated. I plan to bring wetsuits for kids (they already have them) in case CC water is cold. Certainly warmer than Baltimore in January so I will be happy :)

My oldest son is 15 & will be on the cruise too.
Thankyou so much future cruise buddies for telling me about your middle school sons. I know my DS will be happy if they play some organized sports on board. He is a little quiet but very athletic. I also would be interested in doing a FE. I probably won't know our room number until about a week or so before because we bought an OGT room.:flower3:This must be a very empty ship because I got an 11:00 boarding time.

I read somewhere pools are heated. I plan to bring wetsuits for kids (they already have them) in case CC water is cold. Certainly warmer than Baltimore in January so I will be happy :)

Good point. 70 degrees will feel pretty good by then. Maybe we will get lucky and it will be warmer.:thumbsup2

We went on our last cruise in Feb. 2011. The weather was fantastic, really nice during the day, a sweater at night sometimes, but great weather. BUT... the water at Castaway Cay and at Blue Lagoon in Nassau was COOOOLLLDD!!! My kids were freezing and didn't want to stay in very long. Now - please note that my kids really are only in pools on vacation or at swimming lessons where the pools are heated. They are a bit wimpy when in comes to cold water (as am I) and there were lots of other kids in the water that didn't seem to mind. It did not put a damper on our trip however, there was plenty to do and no one complained about the water in the pools on the boat so I assume they were heated. Also - the water on the Aquaduck is not heated either, if it was the tubes would fog up and you wouldn't be able to see out of them. Again, just be prepared for a cool splash, but it doesn't put a damper on any of the fun!!

Hi Everyone!

Just booked this cruise! Couldn't pass up the Guaranteed rates that they just published! I am BEYOND excited to finally be getting on the Dream! :banana: It'll be my, Rebekah (30) and DH, Arthur, (35) and this will be our 6th Disney Cruise. All of our other 5 cruises have been on the Wonder. Beautiful ship, but I'm sure ready to check out one of the new ones.

I'm not sure if we'll do FE or not, trying really hard not to check a bag this time. We'll see how well that goes! :rotfl2: But I like to put my FE up anyways, because it's cute and will help me find my door. We shall see. I work retail, at Downtown Disney in Disneyland, and we are getting ready to be insane with the holidays, so not sure if I will have any time to get things done for FE.

So excited for this cruise!

Oh and to answer the question about the pool...we've sailed 3 times in January and 1 time in Febuary, it has always been super nice for us. I think one time there was a storm so we stayed out but all the other times the pool has been nice and warm.

mattandaddysmom said:
Myself and my sister put our info down, but don't know our room #'s yet...can we still join in?

Sure! Just pm your names and let me know when you get a room number!

Just checked in for our cruise!! This will be our first cruise ever and we are Disney-nuts. We live in Southern California so are Disneyland pros. This will be our first time at WDW and would love recommendations on which park to go to that is least like Disneyland.
We are Megan (me, 35), and my two wonderful sons Gage (11) and Asher (5). We just booked a cabana on Castaway Cay as I have read reviews that they are worth it...sure hope so. We will be in room 7680, should be a partially blocked view verandah. Any tips, insights, anything is greatly appreciated. We are working on our decorations for the cabin door (magnetic, of course) now. Can't wait to meet other folks on the ship. :) M:cool1::banana::cheer2:

And I already have a question. I just booked Cabana #8 on the Family Beach while at Castaway Cay (we will likely stay on the ship while in Nassau as we want to explore the ship)...when do I pay for the Cabana? The website didn't require payment at this time...is that normal? Thanks, M

It looks like we will also be joining the adventure! Haven't booked our room yet (still deciding between a magic porthole and verandah) but we do have airfare. I really want to see the magic portholes of the inside rooms BUT it would be nice to try a verandah for a change. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise; Magic and Wonder in 09 and 10 (with other fun Disney trips the 2 years since). Still trying to decide on if we will do FE or not, it's just a short trip so having to bring extra stuff might not happen. Pretty much just heading out from So Cal for the weekend.

Just checked in for our cruise!! This will be our first cruise ever and we are Disney-nuts. We live in Southern California so are Disneyland pros. This will be our first time at WDW and would love recommendations on which park to go to that is least like Disneyland.
We are Megan (me, 35), and my two wonderful sons Gage (11) and Asher (5). We just booked a cabana on Castaway Cay as I have read reviews that they are worth it...sure hope so. We will be in room 7680, should be a partially blocked view verandah. Any tips, insights, anything is greatly appreciated. We are working on our decorations for the cabin door (magnetic, of course) now. Can't wait to meet other folks on the ship. :) M:cool1::banana::cheer2:

While I've never been to DL, I have read much about it and I know the one park is very close to Magic Kingdom. So, if you want to do something different, I would avoid MK. Hollywood Studios may be very similar as well - so if you want REALLY different - go with EPCOT and Animal Kingdom. I'm pretty sure that these will be totally different than what you have in CA. You will love the cruise - it is just such a relaxing, wonderful trip.

Wow, sounds like there will be a lot of us with boys on this cruise.Our son is Ashton,:) age 12. Our 1st dcl cruise, also. We actually have one set for over Easter but couldn't pass up this deal since my husband has a business trip right before cruise. I would definately go to Animal Kingdom, if I were you.Your boys will love it. Get there as soon as it opens and go directly to Expedition Everest. We are Disney World park experts. Happy to answer any other questions you may have.

We are going to have lots of tween/teen boys on this cruise, my stepson will be thrilled!

I think I am going to set up the cut off day for the FE as 12/24. That way I will have time to get the list together (sorry for the lack of updates, I haven't been able to get time to go on my computer in days) and out to everyone.

Also, if anyone is interested in Cabana 9, please PM me, we might be letting it go. I'll let you know when so you can snag it right up!

It looks like we will also be joining the adventure! Haven't booked our room yet (still deciding between a magic porthole and verandah) but we do have airfare. I really want to see the magic portholes of the inside rooms BUT it would be nice to try a verandah for a change. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise; Magic and Wonder in 09 and 10 (with other fun Disney trips the 2 years since). Still trying to decide on if we will do FE or not, it's just a short trip so having to bring extra stuff might not happen. Pretty much just heading out from So Cal for the weekend.

You sound just like my friend Kelly... :lmao: So excited you guys are coming on the ship with us!!! PS to anyone else...anyone have an inside stateroom we can see?

We are going to have lots of tween/teen boys on this cruise, my stepson will be thrilled!

I think I am going to set up the cut off day for the FE as 12/24. That way I will have time to get the list together (sorry for the lack of updates, I haven't been able to get time to go on my computer in days) and out to everyone.

Also, if anyone is interested in Cabana 9, please PM me, we might be letting it go. I'll let you know when so you can snag it right up!

I'm guessing this is on the Family Beach? If it happens to be on Serenity Bay, I'd probably snag it up... I can't access my ressie now to check, something is up with dcl.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter