• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 22,2009 3 day Wonder cruise meet

:yay: YAY!!!:yay: That one week sounds wonderful. We are down to one day until we leave - out of here tomorrow night. Woohoo!!!:woohoo:

maelcu - is your husband's company hiring? That sounds like a great job for my DH (at least I would get a benefit from it:drinking1). My DH was not going to come to the meet and greet and then he saw your post and thinks it might be fun now. :laughing: In his defense, the last one we went to was awful :eek: so I can understand why he was worried.

See you all soon!!
Cheryl

Okay, before you go....what made the last meet and greet so awful? Forced games? The Hokey Pokey? Please let me know!

Yeah! One week from today, we'll be sailing away! It is freezing today in Michigan! I hope we have nice weather. We went the last week in January last year and the weather was FANTASTIC. They said that the week before was cold though. Hopefully we luck out. Anything will be better than here. :) Positive thoughts! :woohoo:

We leave at 11:00 AM today! See everyone on Thursday! I can't wait, it seems like we have a really fun group. (Okay maelcu's booze certainly won't hurt)! :rotfl2: :wave2: Travel safely everyone and see you in paradise!:cool1:

I wish we were leaving today, we aren't leaving until Tuesday. Its a nice balmy 3 degrees here :crazy2: I am going to start putting our stuff in the luggage.

Just checked accuweather Thursday is supposed to be 69 and sunny at the cape!!!
Friday weather for Nassau a full day of sunshine 78 degrees.

Stewy glad your hubby changed his mind! We can check and see if there are any openings for your area...company he works for is very large!

Beth

It's so cold in Michigan that we don't have school today. :cool1: I've been cleaning all morning and am going to pack this afternoon. I love packing for vacation. It's the unpacking that I don't care for.

We are freezing too, I cannot wait to be away from it.

niciggy - don't worry, the last time it was more the dynamics of the group. I think this group will be fine.

maelcu - all I can picture is a bunch of little airline sized bottles in a suitcase and the look on securities face as it is going through the machine. :rotfl2: I don't know if they are the little ones but it struck me how odd it would look it you had a bunch of them in a suitcase. :rotfl: At least when it is in big bottles security doesn't really know how much or what you are drinking.

We are freezing too, I cannot wait to be away from it.
drinking.

So where is this Global warming?

Even down here in Florida it is getting cold. It got in the 40's and people were freaking out. Today on my way into work, I loved seeing all the people bundled up in coats when it was in the 50's. :rotfl:

But the cold front is already on its way out, so we should have warmer weather for next week :beach:

We are leaving Tuesday doing a mini-land and sea vacation.

2 more work days!! :coffee:

Yep they are the little airline bottles LOL the only difference is ours are in the boxes they are shipped in ....no running amok in our carry on :rotfl2:

No one in the terminal will miss us our soft side cooler has names of different liquors embroideried on it and my carry on is a big blue Absolut bag...matches my Absolut jacket LOL

Yep they are the little airline bottles LOL the only difference is ours are in the boxes they are shipped in ....no running amok in our carry on :rotfl2:

No one in the terminal will miss us our soft side cooler has names of different liquors embroideried on it and my carry on is a big blue Absolut bag...matches my Absolut jacket LOL

Man, oh man, you'll be making new friends left and right! I am sure that if word "on the street" got out, "hey that fe exchange has booze", we'd have a LOT more than ten families involved! We might even have some single adults...okay off to find my newest obsession pink castle beads for hair braiding! Damn those dis board pictures!

last night was a record setter. One whole hour of sleep. I was mentally packing all night.
I got all worked up when I realized that my black pants which I MUST HAVE did not fit (ouch)
I guess I was mentally rolodexing all my alternatives (none)
So, got a replacement pair today.
I'll either be relieved or comatose by the time Wed. night rolls around:hourglass

last night was a record setter. One whole hour of sleep. I was mentally packing all night.
I got all worked up when I realized that my black pants which I MUST HAVE did not fit (ouch)
I guess I was mentally rolodexing all my alternatives (none)
So, got a replacement pair today.
I'll either be relieved or comatose by the time Wed. night rolls around:hourglass

Nicole! You really need a vacation!

I can't believe I'm not in a panic. I think I've actually began to figure things out for this trip.
Fish extender - made one in an hour yesterday. closet pocket organizer plus duct tape plus stickers and voila!
FE gifts all set.
Put all our clothes aside for the trip - laundry all caught up.

Few things left to do
Magnets for door, bring up luggage from the basement and scale back on the amount of the clothes we have to pack:rolleyes: , go over packing list and put aside all the things that make these trips easier like a powerstrip, check documents are all ready. Clean the house - we have our neighbour, lets call her "Bree" ie desperate housewives, watching the house for us and I'm sure she'll take a little look around while she feeds the fish ;) . Absent letter for the school and check-in for our flights.

I'm not working this week so I've got Sun-Mon-Tues to get ready! I can't wait to get out of this cold - it's freezing here! We head to Buffalo Wednesday morning! Yippee!:cool1:

:faint: I woke up last night with a temperature, aches and sore throat. Thank GOD I've got three days w/o work and I can kind of be in bed.
but crap, I've got to get this OUT OF ME before THURSDAY!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

:faint: I woke up last night with a temperature, aches and sore throat. Thank GOD I've got three days w/o work and I can kind of be in bed.
but crap, I've got to get this OUT OF ME before THURSDAY!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Ok no! Hope you get better fast!!

Yikes! Hope you get better fast! Someone getting sick is always my greatest fear before a vacation. Well, that was until our ceiling in the kitchen started leaking today. Now, I have another thing to worry about. Hopefully my husband fixed it. We have had so much snow here.

I did a ton of packing today! I just printed all of our cruise documents, flight schedule, directions, car rental, hotel info, etc. . . I also e-mailed neighbors, put a hold on the paper and mail, and typed out directions for our dog sitting friends. I had all of the wash done yesterday, but my husband and the kids went camping with some other dads and kids this weekend (not in a tent!) and I have been trying to catch up ALL DAY. I'm exhausted. Unfortunately, I DO have to go to work Monday-Wednesday, but that's okay. It's hard for me to miss and I have a bunch of stuff to do so that I can miss Thursday and Friday. See you on Thursday! Can't wait!:cool1:

I'm watching the weather forecasts and trying to decide our final packing choices. Are you all packing more pants than shorts? Cruise weather looks nice but Florida weather looks cool.
Can't wait!!!

I'm watching the weather forecasts and trying to decide our final packing choices. Are you all packing more pants than shorts? Cruise weather looks nice but Florida weather looks cool.
Can't wait!!!

The weather before the cruise is looking cold, but the day of the cruise and forward is looking mid-70s.

We were going to head up to Disney Tuesday night, and spend Wednesday in the park. But with HI of 53, and LOW of 33, we changed our plans and are driving up Wednesday.

niciggy-hope you are starting to feel better!!!

I am doing final packing today...we are bring an even mix of long pants and shorts. I turned on the weather channel and geesh looks like our drive down tomorrow is going to be exciting. We were hoping to get to Brunswick I will be happy just to get out of the snow where ever that is ....

Beth

I NEVER imagined the last few days being like this. Laundry, packing and document checking in a Nyquil haze! I'm nowhere near organized, but I'm like that: better under pressure.
I'm leaning towards more pants than shorts for myself. But I have only nighttime clothes for the ship...
I don't know what I was thinking of. I'm apparently going to breakfast in my robe! (well, if I ordered in I guess I could!)
Now, to see...do I have ANY shorts that fit????
We are finally going to get snow I think tonight. Just an inch. So, if you're driving down, you at least have to get through Virginia to get out of the snow.
No school tomorrow here in D.C. for the inauguration, so I can do errands then...
looooong day of work on wed. then whew...we're off!
I'll check in later!:crazy2:
Nicole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter