• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 22,2009 3 day Wonder cruise meet

Hi all!

Sorry I'm so late to the thread. We booked last minute and I just got around to checking to see if there would be anyone on this cruise. We were on the WB REPO Cruise in May and I had the joy of making an FE for our cabin. I had big plans for sewing an FE but in the end I used iron on fabric adhesive. I think it came out great. So it can be done and it only took about 2hours. Our group will be myself my DW Alice and our 26y/o dd. We look forward to meeting all of you dis'ers. See you soon.

Mike:wizard:

Hi all-someone asked for the "breakdown" of our FE group: Here goes (I think)
daughters- 13
sons-4
moms-9
dads-9

There seems to be some confusion here. The swap was set up so that you got a match to swap with. One family to one family. I think that some of you might have a little something for everyone, which is fine. It's also fine if you just bought stuff for your swap families. Remember that this is for FUN, no STRESS, and whatever everyone does will be great! Of course, continue to post or PM me with any questions and i'll try to answer them!

We are leaving from BWV too!

Are you taking the bus? I think we're on at 1:30.

Wow I would love see their reaction. I don't think I could keep the secret that long. For out other cruises, just my wife and I, she has tried to surprise me, but didn't last for long :)

The PLAN is just to haul them out of bed and tell them we're taking Dad to the airport for business (our flight is at 7 a.m.) This is a usual occurrence in our house. Then when we get there, I'm going to say, "let's go in and see that dad gets on the plane." After that, I'm not sure. My husband's grandparents are in Florida for most of the winter, so we've thought about saying, "surprise! we're going to visit gram and gramp for the weekend!" and then, the "big reveal" will be us getting onto the DCL bus. The 5 year old still won't have a clue, but the 9 year old will be out of her MIND!
However, I have a large mouth and very little capacity for keeping secrets. So, we'll see. I'm amazed I've lasted this long. However, every day I find myself starting to say..."when we're on the cruise, we can..." and I have to bite my tongue.

The plan is - I take the kids down to the bakery for breakfast and head to the pool after for a swim. DH takes care of the luggage (I'm not even unpacking - just reorganizing so it'll be cruise ready) and checks us out. He'll meet up with us when he's done. Then we talk about outing "ideas":rolleyes: . Our friends are meeting us on Sunday (we're all staying at BCV for the week) so we've told the kids no parks until then. Then we'll head off to the bus - chatting up maybe going into Orlando shopping for the day etc. (They just LOVE outlet shopping ;) )
Then the bus will pull up and we'll get on. I'm guessing the 11 year old will freak out :woohoo: as soon as he sees the bus. The 7 year old may need more hinting. And then lots of excited explanations - he's been working on a project about a certain sunken cruise ship in school - so we'll be assuring him that there are no iceburgs in the Bahamas! His reaction could go either way - wish us luck there! :scared:

11 more sleeps!!!pirate:

Are you taking the bus? I think we're on at 1:30.

The plan is - I take the kids down to the bakery for breakfast and head to the pool after for a swim. DH takes care of the luggage (I'm not even unpacking - just reorganizing so it'll be cruise ready) and checks us out. He'll meet up with us when he's done. Then we talk about outing "ideas":rolleyes: . Our friends are meeting us on Sunday (we're all staying at BCV for the week) so we've told the kids no parks until then. Then we'll head off to the bus - chatting up maybe going into Orlando shopping for the day etc. (They just LOVE outlet shopping ;) )
Then the bus will pull up and we'll get on. I'm guessing the 11 year old will freak out :woohoo: as soon as he sees the bus. The 7 year old may need more hinting. And then lots of excited explanations - he's been working on a project about a certain sunken cruise ship in school - so we'll be assuring him that there are no iceburgs in the Bahamas! His reaction could go either way - wish us luck there! :scared:

11 more sleeps!!!pirate:

My daughte (surprise trip) came home saying a friend of hers went on a cruise to Greece for Christmas and the ship hit something and they had to get in the lifeboats and lost all their luggage! Now, this is my drama queen daughter, and I said, wow, well it can't have been that bad it would have been on t.v. and she said IT WAS ON T.V.! Oh boy, we're going to be doing a lot of explaining....I'm hoping she gets caught up in the excitement of it all and the only "upset" time for her will be the safety drill.

Hooray! The Stewy family now has their very own FE match! Hooray. Now, I won't worry that they aren't getting enough treats!
yay!
Time to go to bed and attempt to sleep without dreaming of DISNEY!

Hey everyone,
so we can get others cabin numbers when we are on the ship? I have extra stuff I would love to pass on too.
I hope everyone is getting ready to go.
Has anyone got their room #?

Hey everyone,
so we can get others cabin numbers when we are on the ship? I have extra stuff I would love to pass on too.
I hope everyone is getting ready to go.
Has anyone got their room #?

Everyone should PM me their room numbers, I will hand them out at the meet and greet. If you can't make the meet and greet, I will deliver the list to you onboard.
My cabin # is 7034 if anyone needs me while onboard.
Nicole

I knew this week would drag on. It is only Tuesday. :surfweb:

BTW, is anyone else staying at DW the night before.

Most likely we will be at CB. We are driving up Tuesday night for a small "Land" trip before the cruise.

Grumpy

I knew this week would drag on. It is only Tuesday. :surfweb:

BTW, is anyone else staying at DW the night before.

Most likely we will be at CB. We are driving up Tuesday night for a small "Land" trip before the cruise.

Grumpy

This is going to be the looooooongest week of my life! :headache: However, I am going to clean this house like it's never been cleaned before!:laundy: I have waaaay too much energy going on. Last night I actually dreamt that I was IN LINE at the port and I didn't have all my documents with me and they were letting my whole family board without me! I'm talking, pleading, saying, "but I'm the one who has all the plans, they can't do it without me!" Talk about trip ego. I actually had to get out of bed, wash my face, and have a drink of water. My heart was pounding. It's ridiculous!

This is going to be the looooooongest week of my life! :headache: However, I am going to clean this house like it's never been cleaned before!:laundy: I have waaaay too much energy going on. Last night I actually dreamt that I was IN LINE at the port and I didn't have all my documents with me and they were letting my whole family board without me! I'm talking, pleading, saying, "but I'm the one who has all the plans, they can't do it without me!" Talk about trip ego. I actually had to get out of bed, wash my face, and have a drink of water. My heart was pounding. It's ridiculous!

Are there a lot of documents? We did the online check in thing and got our "tickets" and luggage tags in the mail but that's ALL we've gotten. I'm worried I'm missing something

aaah the cruise dream this will be our 4th cruise 2x on Disney I have had that dream every blooming time...its the exact dream LOL!

Anyone staying around the port Wednesday night? We are staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites.

On Sunday we are going to Epcot and staying at All Stars Sports...DD has no idea this is happening. She thinks we are meeting MIL for lunch at DTD. She has heard us talking about going to the parks but we have her soooo confused we keep saying that we are talking about the next trip LOL. She knows that some of you are surprising your kids she laughs and says you and dad could never get anything past me like that :lmao: :lmao:

For those of you that like adult beverages please make sure to come to the meet on Thursday....my husband is a liquor rep -Absolut, Malibu rums, Jim Beam, Kahlua just to name a very very few...we are bring goodies with us. Make sure to stop by and pick up a little something.

TifffanyD no worries - all you really need are birth cert. or passports for your party everything else can be filled out and done at the port.
Beth

For those of you that like adult beverages please make sure to come to the meet on Thursday....my husband is a liquor rep -Absolut, Malibu rums, Jim Beam, Kahlua just to name a very very few...we are bring goodies with us. Make sure to stop by and pick up a little something.

Man, even I can't beat that one. All I'm offering are cabin #'s, nametags, and a big "HI!"

By the time that we're finally there, I might be knocking back anything you have! This from the "one drink wonder." I was a VERY cheap date. Now, I'm even worse!
Wow, liquor rep. I've known a Pepsi rep and going to his house was like actually visiting beverage candyland!:rotfl:

We had to tell 9 year old. She just doesn't know when it's happening. My NEIGHBOR asked her, so...are you excited about the disney cruise? If I had a gun...:scared1:

We have three storage units and I still have boxes of stuff ALL over my house. Its so bad one of my girlfriends did her christmas shopping for her FIL and BIL at my house:rotfl2:

At least your DD will be surprised about when the cruise is.........this is such a long week. LOL

We have three storage units and I still have boxes of stuff ALL over my house. Its so bad one of my girlfriends did her christmas shopping for her FIL and BIL at my house:rotfl2:

At least your DD will be surprised about when the cruise is.........this is such a long week. LOL

She thinks we would NEVER take her out of school...boy is she wrong! However she is crying today, because her dad didn't win Hannah Montana tickets in the Pentagon lottery (she's playing at the inauguration) He got one ticket. ONE! I told him he better have a goood time. Of course, he's not going, but she is M.A.D., At least now, I don't have to shut down the computer every time she walks by!:surfweb:

:yay: YAY!!!:yay: That one week sounds wonderful. We are down to one day until we leave - out of here tomorrow night. Woohoo!!!:woohoo:

maelcu - is your husband's company hiring? That sounds like a great job for my DH (at least I would get a benefit from it:drinking1). My DH was not going to come to the meet and greet and then he saw your post and thinks it might be fun now. :laughing: In his defense, the last one we went to was awful :eek: so I can understand why he was worried.

See you all soon!!
Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter